How Do You Define an Elite Coach?

Bobcat1

3 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

You found a picture of a ring? You on the staff now? Or even if you were associated with the team, it means nothing. Your flippant comments betray you. 

Yeah I found a video of a state championship ring with my last name engraved in it…bingo lol tell us more Falcon 

I am out on this discussion. I will say one thing He was a coach at NS. That is a fact. Not sure Coach Izzy if you are still coaching so thats why I said was. What you all are talking about I am staying out of. Izzy I will say this... Walking out of Jerry World yesterday an elderly gentleman wearing that exact same style ring just walks up to me and gives me a hug. Out of the blue. He said congrats PNG and he said TY PNG for bringing it back to Houston. I know we arent Houston, but this man warmed my heart. By the way the ring was from his grandson who was a freshman on the 2021 team and let his grandfather wear his ring to the game. He was such a gracious and sweet man. He was very proud of his grandson who was starting in the game. I was heartbroken for him when I heard the score. He was so kind. He was so proud that a team from our area won and his words "way to represent". NS is a great school. 

5 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I am out on this discussion. I will say one thing He was a coach at NS. That is a fact. Not sure Coach Izzy if you are still coaching so thats why I said was. What you all are talking about I am staying out of. Izzy I will say this... Walking out of Jerry World yesterday an elderly gentleman wearing that exact same style ring just walks up to me and gives me a hug. Out of the blue. He said congrats PNG and he said TY PNG for bringing it back to Houston. I know we arent Houston, but this man warmed my heart. By the way the ring was from his grandson who was a freshman on the 2021 team and let his grandfather wear his ring to the game. He was such a gracious and sweet man. He was very proud of his grandson who was starting in the game. I was heartbroken for him when I heard the score. He was so kind. He was so proud that a team from our area won and his words "way to represent". NS is a great school. 

Probably Devin Sanchez’s grandfather…I seen a bunch of PNG folks in the parking lot of AT&T and congratulated them.

7 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Nice story very touching. There are still some good people in the world.

If only we could set up an in person SETX Sports Forum clinic and have each of you attempt to draw some football up on a white board. It would be the greatest entertainment event of the century watching how much yall don't know.

If you coached HS football in Texas, especially at North Shore, you know more than someone who hasn't. I'm almost tempted to bring some expos and a board with me when I come visit Beaumont over the holidays and post where I'll be sat up. 

14 minutes ago, BMT Truth said:

If only we could set up an in person SETX Sports Forum clinic and have each of you attempt to draw some football up on a white board. It would be the greatest entertainment event of the century watching how much yall don't know.

If you coached HS football in Texas, especially at North Shore, you know more than someone who hasn't. I'm almost tempted to bring some expos and a board with me when I come visit Beaumont over the holidays and post where I'll be sat up. 

One quick question:  do you know everyone on this forum?  

13 minutes ago, Reagan said:

One quick question:  do you know everyone on this forum?  

Nope. Not personally. I just come check it out from time to time. I see one guy who actually coached ball spitting fact after fact, and then the responses from people who obviously haven't coached ball. I'm sure there are some coaches on here in disguise, tho. But they aren't spewing out the ish that you are lol

2 minutes ago, BMT Truth said:

Nope. Not personally. I just come check it out from time to time. I see one guy who actually coached ball spitting fact after fact, and then the responses from people who obviously haven't coached ball. I'm sure there are some coaches on here in disguise, tho. But they aren't spewing out the ish that you are lol

So, you don’t know who is/has been a coach!  You and the other individual don’t need to make condescending statements that you don’t know is true or not!

Just now, Reagan said:

So, you don’t know who is/has been a coach!  You and the other individual don’t need to make condescending statements that you don’t know is true or not!

Ok I'm definitely setting it up. I'll be in town the 23rd and 24th for sure, and then coming back maybe a week after Christmas. I'll pm you. I'll keep it simple too. Keep it things I learned when I started coaching football - back when I thought I actually knew the game lol. 

1 minute ago, BMT Truth said:

Ok I'm definitely setting it up. I'll be in town the 23rd and 24th for sure, and then coming back maybe a week after Christmas. I'll pm you. I'll keep it simple too. Keep it things I learned when I started coaching football - back when I thought I actually knew the game lol. 

If you are a coach, great, you understand it.  My point is you make, as does another one, make blankets statements about those here that you really don’t know if others here know football also.  

Just now, Reagan said:

If you are a coach, great, you understand it.  My point is you make, as does another one, make blankets statements about those here that you really don’t know if others here know football also.  

When I make those statements, they're about you bro... and the others who clearly do not. They're not about the people who actually understand it takes more than just a good coach to win. Culture & talent are the 2 most important factors. Coaches can develop culture, but it takes a village. Don't forget - high school football coaches are TEACHERS first. They are the ones spending every day with TEENAGERS and trying to get the best out of them. If you've never spent time as a TEACHER and a COACH, then you will NEVER really and fully understand the many nuances and dynamics of high school athletics. 

29 minutes ago, BMT Truth said:

When I make those statements, they're about you bro... and the others who clearly do not. They're not about the people who actually understand it takes more than just a good coach to win. Culture & talent are the 2 most important factors. Coaches can develop culture, but it takes a village. Don't forget - high school football coaches are TEACHERS first. They are the ones spending every day with TEENAGERS and trying to get the best out of them. If you've never spent time as a TEACHER and a COACH, then you will NEVER really and fully understand the many nuances and dynamics of high school athletics. 

BINGO... But to those people it's ONLY about wins and losses.  NOTHING more NOTHING less

36 minutes ago, BMT Truth said:

You're wasting your time trying to convince him of this.  I've tried time and time again.

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

You're wasting your time trying to convince him of this.  I've tried time and time again.

If he won't come and draw up some simple ball or recognize some ball when I draw it on the white board, he should be banned from ever talking about football publicly ever again 🤣

If he won't come and draw up some simple ball or recognize some ball when I draw it on the white board, he should be banned from ever talking about football publicly ever again 🤣

I can't even get him to explain to me why Bill Belichick is sub .500 without Tom Brady.. or hasn't won a playoff game since Brady left NE.

Or why some is his elite coaches (by his definition) didn't win another state title after reaching elite status (according to his definition).

So.. again.  You're wasting your time.  Might as well just let him believe that any coach could go to any team and win it all eventually.  Wait.. I think 7 years is his timeframe. 

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

I can't even get him to explain to me why Bill Belichick is sub .500 without Tom Brady.. or hasn't won a playoff game since Brady left NE.

Or why some is his elite coaches (by his definition) didn't win another state title after reaching elite status (according to his definition).

So.. again.  You're wasting your time.  Might as well just let him believe that any coach could go to any team and win it all eventually.  Wait.. I think 7 years is his timeframe. 

I just think it's funny that there is never an response to when I ask these people to spend just a few minutes drawing up some ball on a white board. It's the ultimate shut down for these jokers. They know they don't really know what they're talking about. 

6 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Correct... You only have 7 years to win it all.  It's wrote in stone. 

1 minute ago, setxathlete14 said:

The other one called in back up. Needed some help on the forum

I didn't even know what his name was in real life until I saw him post it on this same thread, but ok whatever. I think a lot of people on here are low key jealous they aren't coaches. I'm just trying to figure it out. 

Just now, BMT Truth said:

I didn't even know what his name was in real life until I saw him post it on this same thread, but ok whatever. I think a lot of people on here are low key jealous they aren't coaches. I'm just trying to figure it out. 

I am beyond happy not being a coach.  I like my sanity and free time too much.  Plus, I don't want to have to look for a new job every 7 years if I don't win a title.

13 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I am beyond happy not being a coach.  I like my sanity and free time too much.  Plus, I don't want to have to look for a new job every 7 years if I don't win a title.

I really think there is a lot of jealousy here. Are dudes mad they don't have college degrees, but coaches do? I'm sure a lot of them make more money than high school coaches, but I'm certain that many also do not. I'm just trying to figure it out. 

I really think there is a lot of jealousy here. Are dudes mad they don't have college degrees, but coaches do? I'm sure a lot of them make more money than high school coaches, but I'm certain that many also do not. I'm just trying to figure it out. 

I have a bachelors and a pretty decent income.  I also have the ability to sit and watch a game without telling the tv I know more about football... and I have the ability to not act like a know it all on a message board.  Its a pretty good feeling to just sit and watch lol