Bridge City 54 Silsbee 87/FINAL

A lot of district games for Silsbee play out like this. The other team will have a 3 - 5 minute hot spurt at some point in the game, and you start to think maybe "it" could happen. When it's all said and done the Tigers usually still end up winning by 30+.

Swear I hold my breath every time Rice or Boulwen put the ball on the floor. They're good players for us, but not in that area of the game.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

A lot of district games for Silsbee play out like this. The other team will have a 3 - 5 minute hot spurt at some point in the game, and you start to think maybe "it" could happen. When it's all said and done the Tigers usually still end up winning by 30+.

Swear I hold my breath every time Rice or Boulwen put the ball on the floor. They're good players for us, but not in that area of the game.

Same for me. They have to cut down on their turnovers. 

People who want live streams for the home games need to bookmark the Silsbee Huld now. The Bridge City game is not currently on their Youtube page. Was at the game, so I don't know if it was live streamed from there or not.

This is the hidden content, please

and I believe Jones had 21 points tonight for the Tigers. Man if he gets to be as big as any of his brothers you better look out. Even if he ends up being the runt of the bunch, he's gonna do some serious damage next season.

17 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

People who want live streams for the home games need to bookmark the Silsbee Huld now. The Bridge City game is not currently on their Youtube page. Was at the game, so I don't know if it was live streamed from there or not.

This is the hidden content, please

and I believe Jones had 21 points tonight for the Tigers. Man if he gets to be as big as any of his brothers you better look out. Even if he ends up being the runt of the bunch, he's gonna do some serious damage next season.

I watched it there on Hudl 

46 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

BC could finish 2nd in district. They are a good paying and shooting team. I could see them winning a playoff game. 

They do have the talent to take 2nd in district but will they have the discipline? They play their best if they keep their mouths shut, head down and just play the game. Last night, I saw what I assume was a parent on the front row literally heckling players for Silsbee. BC doesn't need that garbage and the cop had to go talk to him. 

BC has some talented kids and the shifty little point guard can handle the ball well but someone needs to go take it from him when he starts playing selfish, ball-hogging and throwing up forced shots and that seems to be the pattern in every game I've been able to catch this season. Outside looking in, that ruined the entire mojo of that BC team last night. Robertson seems like a good coach but he will need to get ahold of his players before they end up losing out on a possible playoff run due to selfishness. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeaux2023 said:

They do have the talent to take 2nd in district but will they have the discipline? They play their best if they keep their mouths shut, head down and just play the game. Last night, I saw what I assume was a parent on the front row literally heckling players for Silsbee. BC doesn't need that garbage and the cop had to go talk to him. 

BC has some talented kids and the shifty little point guard can handle the ball well but someone needs to go take it from him when he starts playing selfish, ball-hogging and throwing up forced shots and that seems to be the pattern in every game I've been able to catch this season. Outside looking in, that ruined the entire mojo of that BC team last night. Robertson seems like a good coach but he will need to get ahold of his players before they end up losing out on a possible playoff run due to selfishness. 

Not the first time that particular parent had to be "talked to" at a game this season.

4 hours ago, Jimbeaux2023 said:

I think this is a disappointing result for Bridge City.  Losing by thirty plus to Silsbee whiteout their best player is not good.  I still think they should be a playoff team.

I’m not sure why it was referenced twice in this thread that BC was looking to fight. Nothing even close to a fight happened the entire game. Bc played hard and Silsbee played hard. Seemed like a clean game, pretty physical. BC blocked a shot got a warning, Silsbee kid shot an arrow at a player got a warning. Harris blocked a shot said something got a tech, Breaux fouled a kid said something got a tech. I guess you’re referring to the gathering with words at the end with the main irritant the whole game. If you call that looking to fight then I guess we have different views on the subject. 

1 minute ago, 72 Pinto said:

I think this is a disappointing result for Bridge City.  Losing by thirty plus to Silsbee whiteout their best player is not good.  I still think they should be a playoff team.

Let's make something perfectly clear. Miller is great, but he is not Silsbee's best basketball player and he will tell you that himself.

Harris is da man

3 minutes ago, BD54 said:

I’m not sure why it was referenced twice in this thread that BC was looking to fight. Nothing even close to a fight happened the entire game. Bc played hard and Silsbee played hard. Seemed like a clean game, pretty physical. BC blocked a shot got a warning, Silsbee kid shot an arrow at a player got a warning. Harris blocked a shot said something got a tech, Breaux fouled a kid said something got a tech. I guess you’re referring to the gathering with words at the end with the main irritant the whole game. If you call that looking to fight then I guess we have different views on the subject. 

I agree. Nobody was trying to fight

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's make something perfectly clear. Miller is great, but he is not Silsbee's best basketball player and he will tell you that himself.

Harris is da man

Indeed.  Miller is the heart of the team but Harris is the most talented.  In fact I think he has as yet untapped potential.  He made a couple of full court passes with style that were a little reminiscent of Jokić last night.          

I have a question.  Does anybody know what was the tech against Harris for?  I saw the block but missed what happened afterwards. I assume it was justified but he looked genuinely mystified and not in just a "who me?" kind of way.

I figured the Cardinals would wilt a little at some point.  You just can't keep up maximum intensity whole way.  And the moment it started to slip the Tigers pounced.  But in years past it could have been 45 points or even worse.  That didn't happen, BC altered that script.  Silsbee didn't pull away until late and starters and important subs played until less that 3 minutes was left.  I was impressed.  Based on what I saw and what's happened so far around the district I'd have to agree that BC can be the 2nd place team.

I’m watching back the game on the Hudl link and it looks like BC played with only 7 players and Silsbee kept their starters in until the last few minutes of the game. Why? Hats off to BC for hanging in as long as they did. That game was nothing for Silsbee to be proud of. Also, those referees were obvious Silsbee ISD alumni! 

3 hours ago, Jimbeaux2023 said:

I’m watching back the game on the Hudl link and it looks like BC played with only 7 players and Silsbee kept their starters in until the last few minutes of the game. Why? Hats off to BC for hanging in as long as they did. That game was nothing for Silsbee to be proud of. Also, those referees were obvious Silsbee ISD alumni! 

SMH

I really like this BC team. I predict them to make the playoffs. Coach Robertson is doing a great job there.

But if we are being honest, not sure any Silsbee team is overly proud of beating Bridge City in basketball.

Beating BC by 30 is a common thing for Silsbee basketball.