Lumberton Game Change

Pic101

As soon as anyone has the reason for the change, and why we couldn't get Stallworth, I'd like to know.  For my two cents, I would have played them at Cardinal Stadium or Nederland's stadium.

Our Stadium would be great. The Jumbotron we have blows the one at stallworth away and we can hold you guys. But you will see.. DP will hold you too, mark my words.  :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WeedBegone

Man you guys have been having fun.  I have been pulling for you guys.  Now that WB is out  :( --I am up for temporary adoption.  I yell loud and boo when applicablle.  Will you guys take me on temporary assignment--I have at least three good weeks of SETX Football still in me.

Man you guys have been having fun.  I have been pulling for you guys.  Now that WB is out  :( --I am up for temporary adoption.  I yell loud and boo when applicablle.  Will you guys take me on temporary assignment--I have at least three good weeks of SETX Football still in me.

Come aboard, the l-train hasn't left for DP just yet, still room for some!!!!!

Guest FPHS 78

so were not playing at rice because of the field being in bad shape?

2 different stadiums, rice and U of H........i think uh's field is called Roberson?Robertson..something like that....  rice is a fantastic football stadium

Tulsa and Rice tore the field up to the tune of 1292 total yards between the two  ;D, but its field turf so I don't see what the problem would be with the field.  Unless the Rice Coach had a problem with it  ???, and they've made some "interesting" decisions this year.  The venue change may definately keep some of us "neutral" L-Train backers away  >:(

BTW - Katy vs. Memorial 1pm Sat @ Rice.... ???

Regarding the Rice change, it could have possibly been a situation where another school had already tentatively booked the Stadium pending the result of their game, therefore they had first priority.

As for Deer Park, I agree with everyone else, it's very nice but I have SERIOUS concerns about the size issue. My daughter and I are traveling from Jasper just to see Lumberton play and I know that there will be many many other people that will go to this game ESPECIALLY after Lumberton beat La Marque.

Your Coach is in a dilemma because the Waller staff are going to want as small a venue as possible because they know that the "12th car" of the "L Train" will be the 8,000+ people that I estimate will go to this particular game. If Lumberton tries to force it's hand, then Waller may balk and then you end up in a coin flip and/or UIL intervention to make a decision.

As it stands now it's Deer Park, word to the wise... GET THERE EARLY!

Hers is the solution, we can just get there early and take up BOTH sides! Let the Waller fans sit on the end at the 10-20 yard lines.  ;D

We usually have our side full before te other teams fans start to come in anyway. Put that train horn on their side and about 4000 fans and they will be screwed!! NOISE from both sides of the tracks!!

LaPort would not hold the Lumberton fans and there is not enough parking.  You DON NOT want to go there.

Agree....

Dayton had the visiting side packed...

Doesn't seat more then 9,000 IMO

Instead of complaining about the seating, Lumberton should be very very thankful they don't have to travel through Houston on a Friday evening down the Katy (parking lot) freeway.

If the game were at Tully or Katy, it would probably take about 90 minutes of driving time to get from the west loop to HWY 6 (that is a distance of only 13 miles).

Now they are looking at 90 minutes of driving to get to Deer Park.

The stadium should hold "almost" everyone.

It is a very nice stadium and will be a fine venue for the Raider fans to watch their team WIN AGAIN!!!

Don't get too cocky here, but Lumberton's front seven should shut down the Waller running game.

If the offense doesn't have too many miscues, the Raiders should be playing in the quarter finals against ____________ 

Agree....

Dayton had the visiting side packed...

Doesn't seat more then 9,000 IMO

Instead of complaining about the seating, Lumberton should be very very thankful they don't have to travel through Houston on a Friday evening down the Katy (parking lot) freeway.

If the game were at Tully or Katy, it would probably take about 90 minutes of driving time to get from the west loop to HWY 6 (that is a distance of only 13 miles).

Now they are looking at 90 minutes of driving to get to Deer Park.

The stadium should hold "almost" everyone.

It is a very nice stadium and will be a fine venue for the Raider fans to watch their team WIN AGAIN!!!

Don't get too cocky here, but Lumberton's front seven should shut down the Waller running game.

If the offense doesn't have too many miscues, the Raiders should be playing in the quarter finals against ____________   

Dayton!

Guest maverick24

Deer Park Stadium is nice and appears to have nice parking.  Yea, easy solution is get there early.  I think me and a few Central/Brook fans may make apearances at this one!

That sounds great Soul come by the tailgate party and get a Bite to eat. We would love to hear how many fans we have from other schools.

game site and time are locked as far as Coach C says.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder