Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

3 hours ago, FearTheSpear said:

So LH stopped their ticket sales online because PNG sold their side out and started purchasing tickets on the home side?  Cmon now 🤣🤣

IMG_0719.jpeg

They plan to reopen Thursday or Friday morning. Just wanting to make sure our fans that want to attend are able to get tickets. 

6 hours ago, Manster said:

Very interesting thread.  I went to PNG schools for 10 years and then moved after the 10th grade.  Always regretted it.  Was a grade above Jeff The Jet.

Went to all the PNG state playoff games since then and all the PO games during the 70's run. 

Been quite a while since I visited this site and pullin for dem NDN's.   Go Tribe, scalp 'em !

Even got my Canadian born wife to go last year who doesn't even understand football much (hockey, yes, but only rudimentary football knowledge ... but she went crazy screamin' for the Purple and White).   

Very impressed by the PNG passing game.  And the HC has the pedigree!!  They're obviously well coached.

One last note and Indian fans listen to me.  The PNG teams of the 1970's were almost always undersized.   Heck, the starting center in the state playoff game against Plane weighed in at a whopping 175 (Clint Lough).  Technique and heart goes a long way toward winning.  Size is important all things being equal but athleticism and desire can trump size.

Since you went you might enjoy this video.

By the way we are building a PN-G library of football games on video, 8mm, or whatever you may have. We have already obtained games from the 1950's 1960's 1970's 1980s. 1990's 2000's. We only have a game or two of some of those decades. We actually have 2 games of PNGs all time leading rusher from 1955 Gordon LeBoeuf.  If anyone is willing to share please message  me. 

34 minutes ago, LHpantherpride said:

They plan to reopen Thursday or Friday morning. Just wanting to make sure our fans that want to attend are able to get tickets. 

Not to belabor the point, but they wouldn’t have to do it at all if they had picked a bigger stadium. They didn’t care when it meant fewer PnG fans would be able to attend. When some LH fans might not get to go, suddenly they have to take measures. They could have just made it where far more fans could get tickets by picking a bigger venue, which is always better for football and more fun for both sides. 

And, it’s not just about the competition. PNG fans LIKE Liberty Hill. We want to see Liberty Hill play. Seeing Liberty Hill is one of the unique experiences in high school sports. I hope if we play next year we pick a bigger venue because this could be a special rivalry and a fun time between the fans, instead of fighting each other for spaces in a small stadium. 

38 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Not to belabor the point, but they wouldn’t have to do it at all if they had picked a bigger stadium. They didn’t care when it meant fewer PnG fans would be able to attend. When some LH fans might not get to go, suddenly they have to take measures. They could have just made it where far more fans could get tickets by picking a bigger venue, which is always better for football and more fun for both sides. 

And, it’s not just about the competition. PNG fans LIKE Liberty Hill. We want to see Liberty Hill play. Seeing Liberty Hill is one of the unique experiences in high school sports. I hope if we play next year we pick a bigger venue because this could be a special rivalry and a fun time between the fans, instead of fighting each other for spaces in a small stadium. 

If we play again next year it won’t be a Semifinal game it will be somewhere in the regional rounds. They will end up in Region 3 next year with realignment. 

“They”…Liberty Hill parents, family, friends, community did not pick the venue. We were not consulted or asked or anything, until the decision was made. I love the support and passion your community has. It should also be allowed to have any team buyh there side tickets without concern of the other side buying there side. I am not saying all PNG fans, but some did in fact post even before tickets went on sale, to buy on LH side. Again I am all for people watching their teams and made there needs to be UIL rules that take into account the average attendance and the playoff venues must support that on each side. I look forward to the game it will be a good one! May there be no injuries, fair calls, and all travelers be safe.

6 minutes ago, Zugadad said:

“They”…Liberty Hill parents, family, friends, community did not pick the venue. We were not consulted or asked or anything, until the decision was made. I love the support and passion your community has. It should also be allowed to have any team buyh there side tickets without concern of the other side buying there side. I am not saying all PNG fans, but some did in fact post even before tickets went on sale, to buy on LH side. Again I am all for people watching their teams and made there needs to be UIL rules that take into account the average attendance and the playoff venues must support that on each side. I look forward to the game it will be a good one! May there be no injuries, fair calls, and all travelers be safe.

I would like a rule that says if two stadiums are proposed that are both available and within the same basic distance, the larger one must be selected. That would avoid a lot of this. 

7 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I would like a rule that says if two stadiums are proposed that are both available and within the same basic distance, the larger one must be selected. That would avoid a lot of this. 

But if we played at Legacy stadium then it would still be the same issue, that’s why I recommend taking average or even the largest crowd for the season and the stadium needs to hold the largest crowd on their side. Then this never has to be about stadium sizes again, just about football. 

51 minutes ago, Zugadad said:

But if we played at Legacy stadium then it would still be the same issue, that’s why I recommend taking average or even the largest crowd for the season and the stadium needs to hold the largest crowd on their side. Then this never has to be about stadium sizes again, just about football. 

Legacy is significantly larger (the Berry Center is, if my numbers are right, smaller than PNG’s stadium, while Legacy Stadium holds about 3,000 more than PNG at 16,000). So, if the concern is people being left out, we can benefit, as a whole, many more individuals at Legscy. Last year, Legacy Stadium didn’t start selling to PNG fans until PNG had sold out and, I presume, LH fans had already bought what they were going to buy. Even with PNG fans on their side, they all at least got to see the game. This week, a lot of PNG fans, and some LH fans won’t get to see the game, and that is certainly not through the choice of PNG fans. If we had our way, everyone from LH who wanted a ticket would have one, with room to spare. The LH coach thinks differently, apparently. 

I agree that holding the largest crowd on the home side makes sense (not for nothing, at Legacy both sides are equal). 

I sincerely hope you and your fellow LH fans have a blast on Friday, win or lose. It’s going to be a close game, certainly one to remember. 

1 hour ago, Zugadad said:

Thank you for the post. I will say this. From an inside source we had an offer on the table that would not of mattered and it was turned down by LH, Please understand I am in no way saying LH doesnt have a right to agree were to play or flip. I respect the gamenship. I know exactly what was said and that the venue that could have held everyone comfortable was turned down by LH. PNG is well known for their following, This goes all the way to the beginning when we were playing in the late 20s and early 30s and they had two hundred seat wooden stands and 6000 people would show up and sit in cars, lawn chairs, on blankets and so on to watch PNG. By the 30s they were in the10-1500 range. By the 50s the 20000 range and we all know about the 1970s. The real question is how does a small town the size of PNG set the all time attendance record? 5 of the top 10 attendance records in this wonderful state. Anyway best of luck LH and safe travels/

3 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

By unique, you must mean youth football.  That is all LH knows what to do.  Their offense is so boring.  Well big boy football is what LH will witness come Friday night.  The only reason LH is even playing in this game is because how weak that Region is and someone had to win it.  

15 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

By unique, you must mean youth football.  That is all LH knows what to do.  Their offense is so boring.  Well big boy football is what LH will witness come Friday night.  The only reason LH is even playing in this game is because how weak that Region is and someone had to win it.  

I agree that Region 4 seems a little weaker this year (it cycles), but when Liberty Hill has some size and speed (see 2020 and 2021) they’re one of the craziest things to watch in Texas. They won me over in their loss to Crosby in 2020. 

Whatever the outcome will be, Liberty Hill will hit PNG in the mouth so hard, their fans will feel it. And I guarantee this….no high school football player in the state of Texas is tougher or meaner than LH nose tackle Jacob Morris. That boy digs through thick rock layered soil like a prairie dog

7 hours ago, LibertyHillBilly said:

Whatever the outcome will be, Liberty Hill will hit PNG in the mouth so hard, their fans will feel it. And I guarantee this….no high school football player in the state of Texas is tougher or meaner than LH nose tackle Jacob Morris. That boy digs through thick rock layered soil like a prairie dog

I might sell my tickets now. Damn scary. 

8 hours ago, LibertyHillBilly said:

Well maybe so, but he was getting pancaked on nearly every run play in last years game.  I rewatched the game last night.     I’m sure he’s gritty, but this ain’t region 4.  

10 hours ago, LibertyHillBilly said:

This is funny....to be 165 lbs and playing nose tackle, I have to give this kid credit.  Not many would want to have his job.  

Alright folks, forum rules prohibit bashing an individual player. The commentary about Liberty Hill's nose tackle is getting excessive.

You have to respect the heart and dedication of any kid that size who finds a way to play a position like that well. PN-G fans in particular should know that; many, many times, the Indians have overcome size and athleticism disadvantages to win games they weren't expected to win.

Let's move on to another subject.