Forney (44) @ Port Arthur Memorial (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

Who would’ve thought?  Wow.  This cannot be acceptable.  At the end of the day.. You’re failing those athletes, those young men that put on those pads. They are the students and if you have a teacher that doesn’t know how to lead.. How do you expect them to succeed?  Coaches are graded on Ws Ls, and when those Ls come at the most critical times (playoffs)..then you start to realize that.. You know what..maybe they are just not up to the task. Maybe they just don’t have what it takes.. Move on..coaches come and go.. It’s the nature of that job.  I’m pretty sure you ask any coach and they can say...they know what it is.  You win everyone loves you..you lose..you gotta go. Harsh. Yes. But it is what it is.  I’m not saying I ME MYSELF can do any better..because of course. I’m not a coach. But I’m sure there’s a more capable coach somewhere out there.. Just waiting for the opportunity to take over the reigns of a school with the caliber athletes Memorial has.  It’s time to move on.  

2 hours ago, truPAfan said:

Who would’ve thought?  Wow.  This cannot be acceptable.  At the end of the day.. You’re failing those athletes, those young men that put on those pads. They are the students and if you have a teacher that doesn’t know how to lead.. How do you expect them to succeed?  Coaches are graded on Ws Ls, and when those Ls come at the most critical times (playoffs)..then you start to realize that.. You know what..maybe they are just not up to the task. Maybe they just don’t have what it takes.. Move on..coaches come and go.. It’s the nature of that job.  I’m pretty sure you ask any coach and they can say...they know what it is.  You win everyone loves you..you lose..you gotta go. Harsh. Yes. But it is what it is.  I’m not saying I ME MYSELF can do any better..because of course. I’m not a coach. But I’m sure there’s a more capable coach somewhere out there.. Just waiting for the opportunity to take over the reigns of a school with the caliber athletes Memorial has.  It’s time to move on.  

Damn I been saying this and get ridiculed for it lol… but very true

Although I do believe coaching was subpar all around. This team is very young. Best lineman and starting quarterback was out against a very good team (no excuses)but we said we needed a change a few years ago and got Morgan(So that’s that) We can say coaching needs to be better but I don’t believe like many, that top coaches in the state will even entertain coming to PAM for many reasons. I also hear “with the athletes Pam has”. maybe for this area but outside of that it’s a little better than average compared to the average playoff team. If PAM can grab a good coach then go for it if not let Morgan run this at least till the sophomores graduate.

Many fans thought and still think that combining 3 mediocre football schools will translate to a gift wrapped state championship trophy.  It’s just not realistic expectations.

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Although I do believe coaching was subpar all around. This team is very young. Best lineman and starting quarterback was out against a very good team (no excuses)but we said we needed a change a few years ago and got Morgan(So that’s that) We can say coaching needs to be better but I don’t believe like many, that top coaches in the state will even entertain coming to PAM for many reasons. I also hear “with the athletes Pam has”. maybe for this area but outside of that it’s a little better than average compared to the average playoff team. If PAM can grab a good coach then go for it if not let Morgan run this at least till the sophomores graduate.

Many fans thought and still think that combining 3 mediocre football schools will translate to a gift wrapped state championship trophy.  It’s just not realistic expectations.

IMO PAM had a successful season and lost to a better team. Forney has 2400 students at thier school.  PA has a ton of ath but how many true FB players?  The focus has to be thier from all parts. PAM best players are sophs and jrs.  They will be a playoff team for yrs to come.  

2 hours ago, thaferrett said:

IMO PAM had a successful season and lost to a better team. Forney has 2400 students at thier school.  PA has a ton of ath but how many true FB players?  The focus has to be thier from all parts. PAM best players are sophs and jrs.  They will be a playoff team for yrs to come.  

Facts. 

5 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

FACTS!!! 

Coaching, young team, qb play, and historically bad run defense in the playoffs. They need to get a coach (o coordinator, d coordinator, lineman coach) that comes from a winning program. But how do you get someone to wanna come to Paisd? With the right coaching staff, off-season program, and community support PAM should be able to compete year in and out with the best of them.