Humble Kingwood Park (24) @ Port Arthur Memorial (17) - FINAL

jdawg03

On 11/4/2023 at 8:52 PM, ThaGhost said:

21 years of existence and ppl are STILL saying it's coaching. Coaches coach throughout the week but they STILL get the blame. How about we talk about what's really going on. Parents condoning foolishness, so called fans bashing kids and coaching staffs. 

I'll say this it starts at HOME! KEEP on telling little Timmy that his Coaches are wrong and little Timmy won't ever realize his faults. Just finished watching film with my little Timmy and pointed out his faults. Did he like it?  HECK NO, but he heard what was said. 

Not once will I blame coaching, PUBLICLY or BEHIND my  keyboard because the COACHES AREN'T BLOCKING AND TACKLING! 

The good folk at PNG might say Coaching can turn a program around in 1 season.

7 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

While I always questioned how you watch the game, u're wrong about catering to TJ coaches since the opening.  Colbert came with Suggs from Lamarque in 2000.  So 4 coaches @PAM, 3 from TJ, 2 made it to the 3rd round and 1 made it to the 5th round in the largest classification at the time(5A). The DC is a Lamarque grad, the Co-OC's are from Beaumont and Orange respectively.  The Oline coach is a Memorial grad so the staff is diverse plus assistant coaches also teach classes.  So, it's safe to say, the next memorial coach will more than likely be a memorial grad unless someone from a multischool district wants to try their hand at AD.  I know I've been critical of coaches in the past but when they make a playoff run, one has to be quiet and give credit.  Instead of complaining year in year out.  One day soon, the demographics will get to the point which they won't win anymore and all of the good will be a memory...... 

well lets be real. we in a cupcake district. if you not making the playoffs, something is wrong. the problem is and has always been in the area "yea, we made the playoffs". since morgan took over, obviously last year was the first time they went three since the 2018 season i think or whenever kenny ray last year was. i'll give you colbert, which lets be honest, rode the back of Jamaal and then the talent dried up and he was exposed as a coach. then comes the first TJ guy that i know for a fact u couldn't stand ronny thompson "the father of the forward pass". then he handed the stick to TJ coach number 2, xobox. now, i will give that sucka props on ONE THING. THOSE KIDS RESPECTED HIM AND WOULD DIE FOR HIM. now again talent helped him cause lawd knows u, me, and everbody was screaming wtf. now we have morgan. the famous TJ kicker. welp thats 3 TJ coaches too many. if it has to be a memorial grad  as stated before, i would love to see jammal and danny take a crack at it. you bring up the DC Kory M. i lived in the same town and WATCHED this guy and his team perform. during his hs days, LM football is what basketball was to Lincoln. Playoffs just meant second season and for LM if you didn't make it to the semis, season was a failure. what the guy has in him, the golden triangle don't understand, but PNG will. Now  his only issue is stopping the run and getting these "superstars" to turn they head around in the secondary.not understanding how one and done is a playoff run, but ok.

20 hours ago, thaferrett said:

Community,Coaching and talent is the three components you need to have a successful program

hell im sure png fans will admit that they might not be the most talented team in the area, but they do have 2/3 for sure. i'm not saying everyone has to be me, but only time fans show support is the first game and it better be a blowout cause they will not come to another game lol. when my best friend died, i didn't even wanna go to games anymore, but i know when he was sick, he would say, go to the game B and report back lol. i drive an hour and 30 min every other friday to support them, but i'm told i'm a hater lol. some people don't even go to the games and watch at home, which is fine, but when the kids look up and only see a handful of people , yeah that sucks.

10 minutes ago, pakronos said:

well lets be real. we in a cupcake district. if you not making the playoffs, something is wrong. the problem is and has always been in the area "yea, we made the playoffs". since morgan took over, obviously last year was the first time they went three since the 2018 season i think or whenever kenny ray last year was. i'll give you colbert, which lets be honest, rode the back of Jamaal and then the talent dried up and he was exposed as a coach. then comes the first TJ guy that i know for a fact u couldn't stand ronny thompson "the father of the forward pass". then he handed the stick to TJ coach number 2, xobox. now, i will give that sucka props on ONE THING. THOSE KIDS RESPECTED HIM AND WOULD DIE FOR HIM. now again talent helped him cause lawd knows u, me, and everbody was screaming wtf. now we have morgan. the famous TJ kicker. welp thats 3 TJ coaches too many. if it has to be a memorial grad  as stated before, i would love to see jammal and danny take a crack at it. you bring up the DC Kory M. i lived in the same town and WATCHED this guy and his team perform. during his hs days, LM football is what basketball was to Lincoln. Playoffs just meant second season and for LM if you didn't make it to the semis, season was a failure. what the guy has in him, the golden triangle don't understand, but PNG will. Now  his only issue is stopping the run and getting these "superstars" to turn they head around in the secondary.not understanding how one and done is a playoff run, but ok.

I know of one Lincoln coach still at it in the Houston area and he's 2 years older than me so you can forget a lincoln grad coaching memorial.  Gore is cooking oil for a living and Mr. Charles isn't coaching so your solutions are moot.  If Memorial frustrates you that much, stay home.  Don't know what else to tell you.  Also what school has a say in what district they're in? Anyway your hopes for a Lincoln grad coaching PAM is dead.  Stay home

40 minutes ago, pakronos said:

hell im sure png fans will admit that they might not be the most talented team in the area, but they do have 2/3 for sure. i'm not saying everyone has to be me, but only time fans show support is the first game and it better be a blowout cause they will not come to another game lol. when my best friend died, i didn't even wanna go to games anymore, but i know when he was sick, he would say, go to the game B and report back lol. i drive an hour and 30 min every other friday to support them, but i'm told i'm a hater lol. some people don't even go to the games and watch at home, which is fine, but when the kids look up and only see a handful of people , yeah that sucks.

teams missing one of those components can't go that far in the playoffs. Another thing my post wasn't personal to your commitment to the program. 

Hey you can say what you please, but Coaching has and always will be a problem until a change is made. Dan Hooks once said with the talent they have in PA he could come over and win 3 or 4 Championship before they even figure out what he was doing,  and then they still have to figure out how to stop him.  

3 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I know of one Lincoln coach still at it in the Houston area and he's 2 years older than me so you can forget a lincoln grad coaching memorial.  Gore is cooking oil for a living and Mr. Charles isn't coaching so your solutions are moot.  If Memorial frustrates you that much, stay home.  Don't know what else to tell you.  Also what school has a say in what district they're in? Anyway your hopes for a Lincoln grad coaching PAM is dead.  Stay home

imma stop u right there. i never said anything about a lincoln anything coaching football. YOU wanted me to, i said not from this area and if it had to be a memorial person, i wouldn't mind seeing the younger successful football players come back. because those refinery chemicals fried your brain, don't act people never quit a refinery job to coach...see PAM basketball for that. everyone knows you can't help the district u are in, but i'll give u a pass since u came from huckleberry finn high(sfa). i'll put it in caps...IF YOU ARE IN A CUP CAKE DISTRICT AND YOU HAVE THE TALENT PAM HAS, ALL DISTRICT GAMES SHOULD BE BLOW OUTS. hell 3 schools are baytown schools and in every game they struggled atleast one qtr. against those 3. and before fix your soup coolers to tell me stay home, GO TO A GAME AND SHOW  SUPPORT... oh i forgot, you a bandwagon...you don't even like teams down here. when beaumont comes relevant again, i'm you will be hopping all over them.

2 hours ago, thaferrett said:

teams missing one of those components can't go that far in the playoffs. Another thing my post wasn't personal to your commitment to the program. 

shea adams and one of your lineman has the spotlight. when my gf cousin played qb, there HE was pretty much the team. i'm not knocking PNG, but it's not every year they have people from football excel at the next level. they have heart and determination which makes up for any athleticism they might not have. mos importantly, PNG last year played as a TEAM. aside from adams cause he sticks out a little, those kids names wasn't being blown up, except for in the PNG community. i'm not saying png isn't good, just pointing out they doing it with 2/3 components mentioned. if they would or could have matched up with PAM talent for talent, that score wouldn't have happened last year or this year. however, i feel png gets stronger and ACTUALLY IMPROVES  week to week to PAM seems to go in reverse as the season goes on(this year, last year it was lee, prior to that one and done. even when xbox was here it would happen)

22 hours ago, thaferrett said:

A play getting blown up is a missed assignment.  PAM lost two games this season and that is a good season. Parents blaming coaches make for a toxic culture. We win together and we lose together. 

what do you call doing the same thing over and over expecting better results and it's not working, but you expecting better results??? that's more than blown assignment. it's called the DC across the field playing chess while your OC playing checkers or xbox/ps5

9 hours ago, pakronos said:

shea adams and one of your lineman has the spotlight. when my gf cousin played qb, there HE was pretty much the team. i'm not knocking PNG, but it's not every year they have people from football excel at the next level. they have heart and determination which makes up for any athleticism they might not have. mos importantly, PNG last year played as a TEAM. aside from adams cause he sticks out a little, those kids names wasn't being blown up, except for in the PNG community. i'm not saying png isn't good, just pointing out they doing it with 2/3 components mentioned. if they would or could have matched up with PAM talent for talent, that score wouldn't have happened last year or this year. however, i feel png gets stronger and ACTUALLY IMPROVES  week to week to PAM seems to go in reverse as the season goes on(this year, last year it was lee, prior to that one and done. even when xbox was here it would happen)

Not to mention the Coaching, Coaching and Coaching. That makes up for what you lack in Athleticism. 

17 hours ago, pakronos said:

what do you call doing the same thing over and over expecting better results and it's not working, but you expecting better results??? that's more than blown assignment. it's called the DC across the field playing chess while your OC playing checkers or xbox/ps5

Didn't see no where in the game when the OC called the same play over and over.  I saw thier DT win matchups and takeaway the run game also they pass rush better than expected.  It is chess and math in football. Most of the time Pam ran the ball they had numbers in the box and was unsucessful.  Its never all of one of those components I said earlier.  

Pam is playoff team nothing more or less. Not a State Champ or  a non playoff team. 

17 hours ago, pakronos said:

Everything came together for PNG last season. I think they had over 50 SR on that team. We already know they have a strong community backing.(even when they losing). PNG culture is off the charts. They commitment to the wieght room is impressive, most kids workout at Athletics and also get together after school and workout.  

You can do all this and still lose football games.  

2 hours ago, thaferrett said:

Everything came together for PNG last season. I think they had over 50 SR on that team. We already know they have a strong community backing.(even when they losing). PNG culture is off the charts. They commitment to the wieght room is impressive, most kids workout at Athletics and also get together after school and workout.  

You can do all this and still lose football games.  

That's where Coaching comes in and that's what PNG has accomplished.  When Coaching was a problem at PNG you definitely heard them speak of it. Port Arthur has the community behind there team and good followers and that's why we complain about Coaching, that's our weakness. 

32 minutes ago, Christian said:

That's where Coaching comes in and that's what PNG has accomplished.  When Coaching was a problem at PNG you definitely heard them speak of it. Port Arthur has the community behind there team and good followers and that's why we complain about Coaching, that's our weakness. 

Its just not PAM yr.  Young team with a suspect def. But IMO its building up  to be great program. Tons of talent in the lower ranks will keep PAM in the playoffs. 

Fans always blames the coaches before they blame thier children. In the same breath its the coaches job to maximize the talent on his team. 

Just to be realistic PAM was always built on hype and unrealistic expectations. Combining tj (average to mediocre) Lincoln (mediocre) sfa(mediocre). And somehow expecting at championship at the 5a(now 6a level was laughable) we was put in districts that some times deerpark lp north shore wb had over 1000 enrollment against us. Pam fans complaining about Morgan and even Kenny ray . But before those two with the exception of Jamaal memorial had always been a if every thing go our way we might make the playoffs squad. Kenny had 2 wins 2 one tds loses to ns and he was still labeled Xbox (who in the state can say this) he’s realistically the best coach to have going against north shore he elevated Pam went to sc and elevated then also. Morgan had not missed the playoffs and he’s still considered the weakness. At what point do we stop blaming coaches. It’s hard to get 4star players to believe in the system when everyone is telling them it’s not you it’s the coach. Most don’t know why this player who is better fit at this position is not at said position. It’s a lot more than coaching that’s keeping Pam (good to mediocre).

42 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Just to be realistic PAM was always built on hype and unrealistic expectations. Combining tj (average to mediocre) Lincoln (mediocre) sfa(mediocre). And somehow expecting at championship at the 5a(now 6a level was laughable) we was put in districts that some times deerpark lp north shore wb had over 1000 enrollment against us. Pam fans complaining about Morgan and even Kenny ray . But before those two with the exception of Jamaal memorial had always been a if every thing go our way we might make the playoffs squad. Kenny had 2 wins 2 one tds loses to ns and he was still labeled Xbox (who in the state can say this) he’s realistically the best coach to have going against north shore he elevated Pam went to sc and elevated then also. Morgan had not missed the playoffs and he’s still considered the weakness. At what point do we stop blaming coaches. It’s hard to get 4star players to believe in the system when everyone is telling them it’s not you it’s the coach. Most don’t know why this player who is better fit at this position is not at said position. It’s a lot more than coaching that’s keeping Pam (good to mediocre).

That part about the ingredients in the merger is spot on.  I wanna run this by you, PAM fan:  as I look back on the 21 or so teams PA has put on the field, looks like to me, it took them 8 or so years to get up to 5A/6A speed(those who really know football know what I mean).  That 2010 team not only had individuals who were fast but the whole team looked a whole step faster than those around here.  So, stepping up in weight class, whether it be by consolodation or enrollment grownth, takes time........

6 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You know we can all look at a picture and see something different and that's understandable. I have always been an follower of football and have not missed a PAM game since they came into existence, and yes I was at the Mud Bowl, almost jumped in the mud with them. With that said, I have seen all the Coaches that came through PAM. PAM is average or good because of the Athlete's that have come through. When we match up Athlete for Athlete is when coaching comes into play and we cannot compete. That's when our weaknesses shows up. Just go back and watch some of those games and really look with an open mind and you to will say, Damm why he did that or called that play. Hope we win Friday night and yes I will be there.