Orangefield (43) @ Tarkington (17) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, October 6, 2023 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Tarkington - 3A-10-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Orangefield- 3A-10-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

1 hour ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

This is exactly how I saw this playing out, Tarkington hanging tough for about a quarter then things getting rough for the horns.

Really wasn’t what Orangefield did to make it rough. More about how the Horns shot them selves in the foot multiple times. Fumbled kickoff turns into a touchdown. Pick 6 thrown right to a kid within about 6 mins of each other. Hard to keep pace with anybody with those kind of mistakes.

On top of that we have got some of the worst officials I’ve ever seen this season. Last week inadvertent whistle causes a td to come back and turns into points for Hardin. This week, orangefield constantly playing after the whistle, one play particular, apparently a false start was called, no whistle blown though, then orangefield kid has such an egregious late hit that his coach pulls him and screams at him. The officials decide not to call it because the Horns had a false start so play was dead, yet no whistle until after the player is tackled…. No call PI in the end zone while receiver is getting wrapped up before his arms can even try to catch the ball. 

Not that we didn’t have our issues. We probably lose either way but y’all make it sound like we got manhandled and that was not the case.

9 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

Really wasn’t what Orangefield did to make it rough. More about how the Horns shot them selves in the foot multiple times. Fumbled kickoff turns into a touchdown. Pick 6 thrown right to a kid within about 6 mins of each other. Hard to keep pace with anybody with those kind of mistakes.

On top of that we have got some of the worst officials I’ve ever seen this season. Last week inadvertent whistle causes a td to come back and turns into points for Hardin. This week, orangefield constantly playing after the whistle, one play particular, apparently a false start was called, no whistle blown though, then orangefield kid has such an egregious late hit that his coach pulls him and screams at him. The officials decide not to call it because the Horns had a false start so play was dead, yet no whistle until after the player is tackled…. No call PI in the end zone while receiver is getting wrapped up before his arms can even try to catch the ball. 

Not that we didn’t have our issues. We probably lose either way but y’all make it sound like we got manhandled and that was not the case.

You’re absolutely right. Game Officials are getting worse & worse each game & even through the seasons. 

im sure all the good ones are leaving because they are tired of the abuse they are getting from little league to HS. 

there’s a lot to say but ultimately I blame these terrible calls to inexperienced referees. Hold tight because it’s only about to get worst. No one wants to throw a flag to get yelled & screamed at from the sidelines & stands. 

This area is finally feeling the results of the national referee shortage. 

Good win Bobcats the combination of #2 & #3 speed & #22 bulldozing was too much to handle. 

still no threat from the air though. 

17 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

You lost 43-17.... you got manhandled. It will probably happen 3 or 4 more times this year like usual. Just get used to it. 

On 10/7/2023 at 5:13 PM, buccaneers4lyfe said:

You lost 43-17.... you got manhandled. It will probably happen 3 or 4 more times this year like usual. Just get used to it. 

Good call! Guy who hasn’t seen a bit of game film. I guess you would know what it looks like since Kirbyville apparently manhandled you a few weeks ago…

I’m guessing your team hasn’t seen the last of it either so I guess we’re in the same boat. 

On 10/6/2023 at 11:31 PM, PrairieMan said:

This is very very very biased, and mostly false. Officiating didn't lose that game. OF was flagged over double the amount Tarkington was also. Most of these claims are baseless.

57 minutes ago, LSU9 said:

This is very very very biased, and mostly false. Officiating didn't lose that game. OF was flagged over double the amount Tarkington was also. Most of these claims are baseless.

Apparently reading isn't a strong point of emphasis at LSU. I didn't say officiating lost the game. I actually said we were in it UNTIL we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times coming out of halftime. Then I merely commented on how bad the officiating was. So you're telling me that the OF corner didn't completely wrap up and drag the WR in the end zone or just outside of the end zone down before the ball reached him? Got great footage of it if you need it. You're telling me that on a drive where Tarkington was pushing the ball down the field that they didn't call a false start on Tarkington when nobody blew the whistle and the OF kid after the play was over and 5 yds were gained didn't absolutely blindside a kid after multiple whistles and the flag was thrown then they waived off the whole play so a +20 play turned into a -5 didn't happen???? Got plenty of game film if you need to see it, including where your coach pulled him off the field screaming at him because he thought he just got flagged. Just shoot me an email address, be glad to send it to you. Again, not the reason Tarkington lost, as I said "we have issues", turnovers and bad tackling at times are definitely at the top of that list. 

Edited version: I'll add to all that by saying that OF has a heck of a football team and my original response had nothing to do with them.. They have a couple of great athletes that made some great plays. I see them winning this district. I was only pointing out that Tarkington was doing their part for a half to give OF all they wanted and that, I just wished we could have stayed competitive throughout. I don't think the score was entirely indicative of how the Horns played. 

Edited by PrairieMan
added info

On 10/7/2023 at 10:52 AM, ECFAN#1 said:

I wasn't there, but looks like Orangefield made some good adjustments second half. Better not sleep on the Horns this year, especially if they correct their turnovers!!!

Correct on all accounts.  Smalley is generally really good with adjustments.  And I agree that Tarkington is capable of beating any team in this district.