La Porte (27) @ Port Arthur Memorial (38) - FINAL

jdawg03

Great night from our QB1 Cobe Stoever, WR Holmes and that OL offensively. 

“We never give up. We trust each other. Everybody contributes. It’s not just one player.” — Port Arthur Memorial High School running back Alex Eugene

Port Arthur ISD. 

This is the hidden content, please

5 hours ago, pakronos said:

This all I’m saying. No disrespect to the district, but imo, the 4th place team could easily win our district or be second. My statement about the qb was more about keeping the defense guessing and honest. Wilson was big and physical and a real dual threat. If stover don’t start taking off on these wide open runs, it’s gonna be difficult in the playoffs 

One of the reasons PAM lost to Longview was actually because of Wilson's legs. If I remember clearly, Longview punted 4 straight times but memorial shot themselves in the foot. First four drives for memorial from what I remember were:

PAM TD, Wilson fumble, Wilson fumble, Wilson fumble. 

He was definitely a dual threat but he had a run first mentality. Once Longview figured that out, our offense went stagnant and our defense eventually got tired. I'd much rather it be the other way around and have Stover let plays develop and pass the rock to his playmakers and run only when needed. I get that PAM normally has a QB that can take it to the house with his legs but that hasn't always worked out for us come playoff time. Like the year we lost to Fort Bend Hightower in the first round, our QB was smaller but lightning fast, he ended up getting hurt during a run in the 4th quarter and didn't come back in the rest of the game. I like this PAM team, they'll get better as the season goes. 

7 hours ago, ThaGhost said:

OlDawg 

I'll be sure to share your kind words with the PA Memorial Athletic Production Team. The words of the broadcasters are miniscule to the that the kids and work tirelessly to put in, week in and week out to make the broadcast enjoyable for the masses. 

Thanks!

I have to watch the video feeds until LP’s new stadium (with better handicap facilities for my better 1/2) is finished. I watch NFHS/Texan Live, and they’re okay. But—so far—my favorite broadcasts are the student staff productions of LP & PAM. Both very professional.

(Of course LP’s is free, and I’m a Homer, so that gives them an edge over PAM right now. HA!)

Joking. Kids did great. Announcers did great. Young lady helping the broadcasters did great. Enjoyable way to watch a game if you can’t be there in person right now.

And good game!

I think PAM, LP, BH & Porter will make PO’s. Hoping LP can hang onto the 2 spot at least. Have some tough games still. Looked like a few young men from both sides got a little dinged up in the second half. Physical game as always. Neither team was gonna wear the other out. Hope they all were minor & nothing a good ice bath, sauna & rest time can’t fix.

I noticed Forney gave Longview all they could handle, and then some. (My grandkids live/go to school in Forney. Ha!)

Both those teams look rough. I wouldn’t want to be the 3 or 4 seed from our district. 1 & 2 may have a chance.

2 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

I think PAM, LP, BH & Porter will make PO’s. Hoping LP can hang onto the 2 spot at least. Have some tough games still.

I noticed Forney gave Longview all they could handle, and then some. (My grandkids live/go to school in Forney. Ha!)

Both those teams look rough. I wouldn’t want to be the 3 or 4 seed from our district. 1 & 2 may have a chance.

Forney D is good, but gave up 300+ to LV. 

The Forney TD wasn't actually a TD, half his foot was out of bounds. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Forney D is good, but gave up 300+ to LV. 

The Forney TD wasn't actually a TD, half his foot was out of bounds. 

Any truth to the rumor WB & BU might drop down? If they do, I hope LP still stays in this district, and maybe KWP & Porter go back to where they were. Maybe this district could even go back to R3?

It’s a decent drive over to y’all, but still manageable.

Just now, OlDawg said:

Any truth to the rumor WB & BU might drop down? If they do, I hope LP still stays in this district, and maybe KWP & Porter go back to where they were. Maybe this district could even go back to R3?

I hope they drop. Fingers crossed 🤞🏾 I was told by a Porter resident they'll be going to 6A. We'll see.