Palestine Westwood (3) @ Diboll (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 29, 2023 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Diboll - 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 1, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Palestine Westwood- 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

2 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

If Diboll can just get their offense going they’ll be a tough out for anyone.  I know Westwood has been scoring a ton but Diboll kept them out of the end zone and were able to get some key turnovers.  Held woodville to 6 and WW to 3 is impressive

I know that the score was different in both games but who was the better opponent Westwood or Woodville?

22 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I know that the score was different in both games but who was the better opponent Westwood or Woodville?

I’ll have to give the edge to Westwood just because of their defense.  Had the Westwood QB not turned it over 3 times, this score could have been much different.  Diboll’s D had much to do with those turnovers and WW’s turnovers on downs.  But I was impressed with their defense, they definitely closed the gap some from previous years.  Although they did have a couple weeks to prepare for Diboll with their bye week last week.  Not sure if they’re a young team overall but if they are, lookout for them next couple years.  

4 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

I’ll have to give the edge to Westwood just because of their defense.  Had the Westwood QB not turned it over 3 times, this score could have been much different.  Diboll’s D had much to do with those turnovers and WW’s turnovers on downs.  But I was impressed with their defense, they definitely closed the gap some from previous years.  Although they did have a couple weeks to prepare for Diboll with their bye week last week.  Not sure if they’re a young team overall but if they are, lookout for them next couple years.  

As far as I know outside of the QB this is a fairly young team I believe the QB is a Jr.  or a Sr. but this is the reason why I had them as a dark horse to win district and still do as I have our team at least winning against yall or Woodville but definitely not both... I just don't need Shepherd playing spoilers this season again. 

4 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

That WW QB is a freshman, he’s a coach’s kid

Diboll has a bye week next week then travel to shepherd 

Didn't know that but I did know his potential right away... Despite the 3 INTs to me he still is the best QB in the district regardless and I've seen all of the other QBs play and he's above and beyond them so for him to be a freshman teams better lookout.

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Didn't know that but I did know his potential right away... Despite the 3 INTs to me he still is the best QB in the district regardless and I've seen all of the other QBs play and he's above and beyond them so for him to be a freshman teams better lookout.

He's played one district game and didn't score one td in that game but your already saying he's the best qb in the district? LOL 

9 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

He's played one district game and didn't score one td in that game but your already saying he's the best qb in the district? LOL 

I'm just going by eye test throughout the season plus district... I've seen the rest of our QBs and I think it takes a little bit more passing the football with a QB then running it.  I've watched our game tonight as well as other games we've had and our starting QB isn't even starting in that spot anymore yet he still starting yet him or our other guy plus the games I've watched with Woodville Diboll and everyone else I'm just saying I've seen different but will it be like this throughout district idk so we will see.  Especially since I know for a fact Coldspring Woodville and Diboll QB's run a lot before the coaches have them pass a ball.