Anahuac at Orangefield

Cat22

I remember this game last year having a bunch of anticipation to it. Orangefield was supposed to be good and Anahuac was supposed to be good….and both teams did very well in district. Orangefield pulled it out. They are the incumbent district champs. They proved to the whole area last week that Buna was not ready to make the next step. I think Orangefield understands the path to winning in this smaller district.  A couple of weeks ago , I would have said Anahuac. They got a good coach and good athletes. However , only 13 points on Hardin and Orangefield putting up 42 last week tells me the bobcats are back home in this district. They are after all the reigning district champs.  Until someone beats them in this district, I can’t  in good faith pick against them. Bobcats win in what I expect to be a district championship game and atmosphere Friday night. 

17 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

I remember this game last year having a bunch of anticipation to it. Orangefield was supposed to be good and Anahuac was supposed to be good….and both teams did very well in district. Orangefield pulled it out. They are the incumbent district champs. They proved to the whole area last week that Buna was not ready to make the next step. I think Orangefield understands the path to winning in this smaller district.  A couple of weeks ago , I would have said Anahuac. They got a good coach and good athletes. However , only 13 points on Hardin and Orangefield putting up 42 last week tells me the bobcats are back home in this district. They are after all the reigning district champs.  Until someone beats them in this district, I can’t  in good faith pick against them. Bobcats win in what I expect to be a district championship game and atmosphere Friday night. 

The score wasn’t an indicator of how well Hardin played. Their offense is a lot like Orangefields from last year. That run attack that chews up the clock. I think Anahuac only had a handful of possessions in the 2nd half, yet gave zero scores up. It was a boxing match.

With that, I haven’t seen OF yet but if they have the same offense as they did last year then AP will need to figure out how to stop that run attach so they can control the clock. If OF controls the time of possession, then I’m leaning OF. 

29 minutes ago, speener1 said:

The score wasn’t an indicator of how well Hardin played. Their offense is a lot like Orangefields from last year. That run attack that chews up the clock. I think Anahuac only had a handful of possessions in the 2nd half, yet gave zero scores up. It was a boxing match.

With that, I haven’t seen OF yet but if they have the same offense as they did last year then AP will need to figure out how to stop that run attach so they can control the clock. If OF controls the time of possession, then I’m leaning OF. 

Great explanation of things… It’s just appears fishy when a team like Evadale only loses to Hardin 13-14 but Anahuac beats Hardin only 14-0… I’m definitely curious to see what happens Friday night 

It was a good way to start district play with a win, but Buna hasn’t beaten any team of note this season, and going up against Kirbyville Friday is going to be extremely difficult to come out on top.

OF and Anahuac should be a good one. Getting a win against the bobcats at home will be a tall task. I’m looking forward to see how this one plays out.

Good Luck to both teams.

4 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Great explanation of things… It’s just appears fishy when a team like Evadale only loses to Hardin 13-14 but Anahuac beats Hardin only 14-0… I’m definitely curious to see what happens Friday night 

Also with what I said…Teams have bad games and don’t play well… which very well could’ve happened.