Montgomery (34) @ Dayton (39) - FINAL

jdawg03

What I mean by “quit coaching” is as long as Dayton is ahead whichever players are not on the field (defense is on field offense is on bench or vise versus) the coaches have them grouped up and coaching the players on the sideline. As soon as things have started going south (Porter and Montgomery games) the coaches start watching the game and completely stop coaching whichever group is on the sideline. Kick off return lost multiple onside kicks by Montgomery back to back as well as blocking Dayton punts, defense completely crumbled……and I could be wrong but not once did I see any of the coaches talking to the players not on the field when things were at their worst. At the end of the day these are still high school kids looking for direction/coaching when it is needed most and I’m just not seeing it when things take a down turn.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Love watching Dayton kids on the gridiron. 

Never should've let Montgomery back in the game though. 

100% …..been a long time since Dayton has fielded a team with this many quality athletes. Also have a few head hunters on the field for a change! The young qb is just going to get better and better, hope he can stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, Red Boyou said:

What I mean by “quit coaching” is as long as Dayton is ahead whichever players are not on the field (defense is on field offense is on bench or vise versus) the coaches have them grouped up and coaching the players on the sideline. As soon as things have started going south (Porter and Montgomery games) the coaches start watching the game and completely stop coaching whichever group is on the sideline. Kick off return lost multiple onside kicks by Montgomery back to back as well as blocking Dayton punts, defense completely crumbled……and I could be wrong but not once did I see any of the coaches talking to the players not on the field when things were at their worst. At the end of the day these are still high school kids looking for direction/coaching when it is needed most and I’m just not seeing it when things take a down turn.

What do you think a coach should do when a player mishandles a onside kick during a game? Tell him not to mishandle the kick? Replace him with someone who has not practiced at that spot? 

13 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

What do you think a coach should do when a player mishandles an onside kick during a game? Tell him not to mishandle the kick? Replace him with someone who has not practiced at that spot? 

Ok I’m curious, what relationship are you to ware or are you just ate up with him? You keep stating what an elite coach he is (which I still haven’t seen or get) and if anyone questions anything about him or his staff you get your panties in a bunch so I’m assuming you must be related to him?

9 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Ok I’m curious, what relationship are you to ware or are you just ate up with him? You keep stating what an elite coach he is (which I still haven’t seen or get) and if anyone questions anything about him or his staff you get your panties in a bunch so I’m assuming you must be related to him?

Understood. Where does your obsession with running down the most effective coaching staff that Dayton has had for a decade+ come from?

You keep saying Dayton is loaded with athletes when they have less than last year. Your incorrect assertion of the current talent level is fueling your off base comments. The best case scenario this year for Dayton is to hold serve with last year (maybe get a good 1st round matchup) but next year and the next few years they will contend for the District title and make some good runs. 

And that will be the best run Dayton has had in many years.

17 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. Where does your obsession with running down the most effective coaching staff that Dayton has had for a decade+ come from?

You keep saying Dayton is loaded with athletes when they have less than last year. Your incorrect assertion of the current talent level is fueling your off base comments. The best case scenario this year for Dayton is to hold serve with last year (maybe get a good 1st round matchup) but next year and the next few years they will contend for the District title and make some good runs. 

And that will be the best run Dayton has had in many years.

Lol you are clueless, only reason Ware got the job was he is buddies with Nations. There were certainly a lot better qualified coaches applied. Lol just keep blaming the talent level. And your wrong,  I wish him and the broncos the best of luck and hope they make a deep run in the playoffs, but I will continue to make observations/ statements about him/ them whether it hurts you feelings or not. Saying he is the best coach in the last decade comparing him to the last 2 are not very impressive hahahaha

3 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Lol you are clueless, only reason Ware got the job was he is buddies with Nations. There were certainly a lot better qualified coaches applied. Lol just keep blaming the talent level. And your wrong,  I wish him and the broncos the best of luck and hope they make a deep run in the playoffs, but I will continue to make observations/ statements about him/ them whether it hurts you feelings or not. Saying he is the best coach in the last decade comparing him to the last 2 are not very impressive hahahaha

Understood. I will be here to call out every nonsensical statement like “the coaches quit coaching”. 

Fortunately the poisonous fans are in the small minority in Dayton. 

16 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. I will be here to call out every nonsensical statement like “the coaches quit coaching”. 

Fortunately the poisonous fans are in the small minority in Dayton. 

Lol difference is I’m a Bronco fan and have been for almost 60 years…… you’re a Ware fan. I’ll be a Bronco fan long after you and Unckie Ware have moved on. 

17 hours ago, Red Boyou said:

LOL!!! And this is how Dayton goes back into the crapper. Go ahead and start dragging him through the mud if you want to, but if you do not think he could pick up the phone and be needed elsewhere, you are sorely mistaken. He's building something there and if you are not careful, he could get sick of the BS leave the job unfinished. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

LOL!!! And this is how Dayton goes back into the crapper. Go ahead and start dragging him through the mud if you want to, but if you do not think he could pick up the phone and be needed elsewhere, you are sorely mistaken. He's building something there and if you are not careful, he could get sick of the BS leave the job unfinished. 

Wow all this because I made a comment that the coaches start watching the game and stop coaching the sidelines when things go south, what some sensitive things you are! Lol, maybe y’all should move to a forum where folks aren’t supposed to comment or give their opinion. Go Broncos

6 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Wow all this because I made a comment that the coaches start watching the game and stop coaching the sidelines when things go south, what some sensitive things you are! Lol, maybe y’all should move to a forum where folks aren’t supposed to comment or give their opinion. Go Broncos

Yes, “Go Broncos” while running the coaches down. 

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

No doubt he would be in high demand. We can kind of see why Dayton has been a dumpster fire. Local “fans” try to undermine the best coach they have had in many years.

6 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

No doubt he would be in high demand. We can kind of see why Dayton has been a dumpster fire. Local “fans” try to undermine the best coach they have had in many years.

A few loyal BRONCOS fans hardly put a program in the crapper or create a dumpster fire.That my friend is totally on the coaching staff and administration  for allowing it to happen. Hancock and Nations were two very incompetent people that  had  no business coaching varsity football . Both ran a premier program in the ground not the fans.Coach Ware has thus far put an excellent product on the field ( thank god) he is also blessed with good talent also. So we as  long time  loyal BRONCO fans should have the freedom to point out obvious game play calling blunders and will continue to do so with out a few new fans permission.  GO BRONCOS !

7 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Time will tell what kind of coach he is. Elevation at this point seems premature to me. 

7 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

1 hour ago, Vini vidi said:

Coaches work their butts off. Sometimes down cycles have more to do with dna than anything else. As has been said before you can’t win the Kentucky derby with a mule. Schools cycle through up and down years.

Completely agree! If you have watched a Bronco  game lately  you will  see talent is on the up & up !