Crosby vs FB Marshall

Cougar14.2

On 8/30/2023 at 8:26 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Yep, looked even worse against King last year and still beat FBM with 6 starters out. You can make 100 posts about how bad we looked and it still won't change that FACT. 

How about this year? Crosby looked horrible last week and got curb stomped this week. You can make 100 posts and “it still won’t change that”.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

FBM took it personal. 

Man, this is Kevin Flannigan level coaching. Maybe it works other places but it doesn’t/didn’t work in Crosby. Hard to go expect kids to win a football game when the head coach tells them “This is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.” Kids are like “What coach, we’re playing FBM?” Smh. Definitely a different program. I’ve never seen a Crosby team so unprepared to play and we had a rough first month under Prieto. 

Defense doesn’t have a clue but hey, the DC was highly recommended by a state title winning coach. Pushed out the old guy that actually had some skins on the wall. FBM ram the same play CEK did last week and for the 2nd week in a row we cover three WRs with two DBs. Our DT was killing their center, FBM probably rolled 50% of their snaps back to the QB. He had time to pick it up and still run the play every time, no pressure sent at all. Maybe that’s what you do in scrimmages though?

When we hired him I said in order to be successful in his system you need to be elite on the o-line like CP was. That’s why this system struggled in Tyler even with SEC talent in both sides of the ball. What do we do? Magnify the issue. Crosby is out there lining up double TE, one WR split with two backs. Depending on the alignment you can tell what play we’re running. Your 1st team all-district RB from last year just blocks and runs decoy routes now, Crosby should’ve gotten shut out but the backs switched positions for one play and he scored from about 50. Again, maybe this was scrimmage coaching as they were told? 

It’s just bad football all the way around. One thing for sure though, when you hire an old coach set in his ways nothing is changing. Kids don’t even play with any emotion, tough to watch. I’m just hoping for the seniors they can make the playoffs. Last time I had a son that was s senior Crosby’s playoff streak was broken. Looks like we’re on the verge again. 

27 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

How about this year? Crosby looked horrible last week and got curb stomped this week. You can make 100 posts and “it still won’t change that”.

Absolutely. Worst performance I’ve seen since we lost to Ennis like 15 years ago under Flannigan. If it wasn’t Ennis think the last time we lost to 5A team by this much was maybe Dayton in the playoffs. One night Dayton killed us Flannigan told Stewart “Good game.” Stewart told him “Yeah, but I would win it all if I had your kids.” This is the level of coaching we have now, maybe. We stay on this path and the participation rate will nose dive just as I said they would if this happened. This is HISD level stuff. 

On 8/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, MrFleet23 said:

Sounds like you got hate in your blood. We had one kid go down with a broken collarbone at King. I seem to remember more of them needing help off the field than ours. Besides that we’re always more physical than FBM. They have a history of shrinking when the game gets physical i.e against BH and PNG in the playoffs. Might want to check out Levi Fontenot knocking their D1 DB damn near out the camera frame. 

"Were always more physical than FBM". "They have a history of shrinking when the game gets physical". 

Sounds like we need to "update the history".  

Just now, 89Falcon said:

"Were always more physical than FBM". "They have a history of shrinking when the game gets physical". 

Sounds like we need to "update the history".  

Absolutely need to update it. We’re nothing like we were under Coach P’s offense and Coach Poth’s defense. In past years we pounded away on them, with this coaching staff we run the scat back right up the middle 15 times. 

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Absolutely. Worst performance I’ve seen since we lost to Ennis like 15 years ago under Flannigan. If it wasn’t Ennis think the last time we lost to 5A team by this much was maybe Dayton in the playoffs. One night Dayton killed us Flannigan told Stewart “Good game.” Stewart told him “Yeah, but I would win it all if I had your kids.” This is the level of coaching we have now, maybe. We stay on this path and the participation rate will nose dive just as I said they would if this happened. This is HISD level stuff. 

I sure wish you would have brought that rb to Dayton this year. Think it would have been best for everyone.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:17 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah bro, I’m done. I just pray the kids stay healthy and make the playoffs. It’s really going to hit the fan when y’all come to town and embarrass us in our own stadium. 

Wait I thought Crosby doesn’t even recognize BH as a real game?

On 9/2/2023 at 9:17 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah bro, I’m done. I just pray the kids stay healthy and make the playoffs. It’s really going to hit the fan when y’all come to town and embarrass us in our own stadium. 

man I cant keep up with the flip flopping. First it was the old man coach and weak staff, then parent meeting where the film showed where he was going to expose teams like King to which everyone was back on board,  then it was we look like the greatest team ever in pads to now after two blowouts. What a rollercoaster!