Port Neches-Groves (7) @ Port Arthur Memorial (24) - FINAL

jdawg03

I cannot get through my head how these coaches don’t see what I see…what we all see for that matter.  You run the same damn screen and qb draw all fist half.  Do they know the definition of insane?  That’s what they are producing.   They finally made adjustments but damn man… Should not have taken that long.  YOU HAVE A WHOLE PLAYBOOK YOU PRACTICE…FREAKING USE IT MAN!!! It’s very frustrating to see the type of athletes you have on the field and you don’t take advantage of it.  Sad to say…different year..same story…coaches…when will y’all learn??? I don’t understand… Maybe I should’ve chosen coaching as a profession… I can guarantee I’ll be doing a better job than some of these.  I don’t mean to insult…but damn man…I’m basing my assumptions opinions off what you are showing me… … Bottom line…y’all can do a hellllll of a lot better than tonight 

I’m glad that PAM won but l definitely understand the frustration of the fans. After joining three schools one would have thought they would have made a few title runs by now. Loaded with talent year in and out. The problem is it’s dam near impossible to get a legit coach to go to Paisd. Nothing against Morgan (my teammate in high school) but you really have to take advantage of the weapons you have. Until then they will continue to get knocked out the playoffs. 

I can be optimistic and say we beat the 5a2 state runner up by 17. 

My realistic observation is I don’t remember an offense so predictable so lackluster. The coaches gameplan is simply bubble screens and let the players out athlete the other team.

That Td pass from png before the half was inexcusable.

Positive is running game got going 2nd half and stover did throw a FEW good balls.(if we’re going to just throw bubble screens just start Martin at qb) defense looks to be good to great.

PNG played very good team defense until late 4th quarter. PNG QB also has a decent arm.

Always good to beat a well coached team.

It's the first game of the season. Both teams competed well but made plenty of mistakes that can be corrected. Fumbles, INTs, and penalties happen in game one. Potentially, there are 15 games left on the schedule.  Get better each week and you will forget about tonight's mistakes.  PAM's defense will be a nasty tough group.  Talent at all three levels.  The big guy in the middle and the tall DE are disruptive. Look at your positives instead of the negatives in game one. PAM fans could be married to Halle Berry and would complain that she can't cook.

For the good guys wearing purple, I see lots of positives and things to build on.  PN-G's defense should be a good group again this year.  The offense will find its groove.  PAM had a lot to do with PN-G's stalled offense tonight.  Keep the rivalry going.  Every year these teams should play.  Clean game tonight...no cheap shots...just good physical and fast football.  Let's go Indians...lots of good things to build on.

I actually got to attend this game. I have some thoughts.

Let’s start with the bad. Our offense had issues tonight. Shea needs some more time with his receiver corps. Passes were close, but imprecise. I heard the announcer say the words “nearly intercepted” too many times. Ball security was an issue. Now, I don’t think that’s a reflection of Shea’s potential. I think that’s the result of a combination of early season jitters and a very tall, speedy, talented Memorial secondary. Likewise, Nguyen had an uncharacteristically rough night. Here again, early season jitters and a pretty stout Memorial defensive line. We know what Adams and Nguyen are capable of. We saw it last year. The good news here is, everything I’m listing off can be fixed in practice, and we’ve got a coach with a proven track record of fixing these issues in practice. None of this is a talent issue. Take away two fumbles and a bad snap and tonight would have seen a different ball game.

Now let’s talk about the good. The Indian defense is a force to be reckoned with. They kept us in this game for three and a half quarters despite the offensive miscues and mistakes. They only started to yield to fatigue for about the last six minutes of play, and it was because they were spending too much time on the field. Our lines are big on both sides of the ball. I watched our offensive line open up some huge holes for Shea, and our defensive line found ways to get into the backfield all night. Richard is a ball player. I’m looking forward to watching this Sabanesque 3-4 defense mature at PN-G.

I also want to note that this was mostly a clean game. Not a lot of penalties, what few were had mostly came toward the end of the game, and most importantly, no injuries.

Despite the result, I really enjoyed this up until the end. The PN-G fan base was the most amped up I’ve seen it for a pre-district game in a long, long time. I’m glad to see the state title run have some staying power in terms of community support. The band, Indianettes, twirlers and cheerleaders all looked fantastic. Once we get everything firing on all cylinders (I think sooner rather than later), this will be a fun season to be a part of.

I’m going to throw some props to Memorial. They have a talented, physical, well coached team. I was really pleased to see their fan support. After playing so many games last year where opposing teams brought so few fans, it’s nice to play another team that can fill the stands. I enjoyed their band - worlds of improvement over what I recall when I last attended a Memorial game six years ago. This is the first time I’ve seen the new field and scoreboard. They looked crisp. All in all, this was one of the more enjoyable atmospheres I’ve seen at a PN-G away game. The Titans have a good season ahead.

Lastly, I really like seeing PN-G play talented teams like Memorial early in the season. They do a great job of exposing our weaknesses and telling us what we need to work on. I hope that continues into future seasons. In particular, I’d like to see us keep the series with Memorial alive. Lots of history between PN-G and Port Arthur. Given time, I believe this series will develop into a rivalry. (Revivalry?) Mid-County Madness would be complemented by a recurring South County Showdown.

So............

Offensive line(Showed up)

Stover did ok considering the offensive play calling.  I can understand if the O/C was calling quick passes to protect the line but this was rediculous

The Oline showed up(I was so worried they wouldn't)

The defense is as advertised (Memorials)

Catching Nederland next after blowing a lead to WO-S

Should be interesting

1 minute ago, Austin1985 said:

So............

Offensive line(Showed up)

Stover did ok considering the offensive play calling.  I can understand if the O/C was calling quick passes to protect the line but this was rediculous

The Oline showed up(I was so worried they wouldn't)

The defense is as advertised (Memorials)

Catching Nederland next after blowing a lead to WO-S

Should be interesting

And we have another legit kicker. 🙌🏾