Sheffield production is not doing Nederland Games this year!!

lcm93

22 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I just saw the notification. 

NISD did not provide adequate facilities for the production, according to the notice. 

Hmmmmmm.......

You can only have so many broadcast booths. Normally a press box has two. I would think one would go to KLVI (been doing Nederland games for decades) and the other would go to the visitor team if they have a broadcast entity. Also, since Texan Live is doing the game, I have to think that TL paid Nederland ISD for the streaming rights. With those rights comes with exclusive video broadcast rights.

I'm not sure this is the case, but I am very familiar with press box space and how it is sometimes very hard to come by.

I'll be interested to see how many Nederland games TL does this season.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hmmmmmm.......

You can only have so many broadcast booths. Normally a press box has two. I would think one would go to KLVI (been doing Nederland games for decades) and the other would go to the visitor team if they have a broadcast entity. Also, since Texan Live is doing the game, I have to think that TL paid Nederland ISD for the streaming rights. With those rights comes with exclusive video broadcast rights.

I'm not sure this is the case, but I am very familiar with press box space and how it is sometimes very hard to come by.

Talked about that in the Nederland WO-S really a shame tbh Sheffield has been doing Nederland games off and on for over 25 years now

From what I’ve been told, there’s more to the story than what’s been lead on. From my understanding, Sheffield Production had lost one of their top sponsors from the previous year. That coupled with them not getting their desired spot(they were offered a spot just not the one they wanted) is what lead to their departure. Let’s not put the full blame on NISD for this one. 

3 minutes ago, Neddogs23 said:

From what I’ve been told, there’s more to the story than what’s been lead on. From my understanding, Sheffield Production had lost one of their top sponsors from the previous year. That coupled with them not getting their desired spot(they were offered a spot just not the one they wanted) is what lead to their departure. Let’s not put the full blame on NISD for this one. 

Happens with remodels… lost my same spot as a season ticket holder due to it.. had them since 03. Now 3 in one and 2 in another… sad to see them go 

On 8/23/2023 at 10:38 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Hmmmmmm.......

I've been told two different stories on this by two different people both of whom I respect as to whether or not Nederland ISD got paid to broadcast I'm staying out of this I'm honestly not sure what to believe

5 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I've been told two different stories on this by two different people both of whom I respect as to whether or not Nederland ISD got paid to broadcast I'm staying out of this I'm honestly not sure what to believe

Mosley posted that Nederland is not getting paid anything for Texan Live, but I’ve also been told that a lot of that post was BS so I don’t know.  

Sheffield was offered a spot off to the side with enough room for a newspaper reporter.  Not enough room for a production crew.  

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Mosley posted that Nederland is not getting paid anything for Texan Live, but I’ve also been told that a lot of that post was BS so I don’t know.  

Sheffield was offered a spot off to the side with enough room for a newspaper reporter.  Not enough room for a production crew.  

I think the part about Nederland ISD not getting paid by Texan Live is BS