WB @ Nederland scrimmage

tvc184

On 8/17/2023 at 8:45 PM, Yeppers said:

Lol. Nederland had about 6 kids scrimmaging with the Varsity. They must be desperate. Even had one freshman who hasn't even practiced at the high school level because he's hurt on the sidelines in a uniform. Booster club prez kid of course. Gonna be interesting year

Apparently you haven’t seen that kid play ! 

I went to the scrimmage. Im

Not sure how it will translate wins/losses this season, but Nederland is better than last year from what I’ve seen so far. The QB looks much more comfortable throwing and I think a big part of the offense will be his running ability which can’t be showcased in scrimmages. The RB looks good as well and they get him the ball in many ways. O-Line is a work in progress. Not sure what to think on the WRs yet.

Defense is overly aggressive at times and the penalties were WBs main offense. We’ve got some nice pieces and are still very young. 

I think Ned would have won the other night had it been a real game, but that’s just my opinion. I think the Dogs will be much more competitive this season, but would have to improve more to make the playoffs this season. I hope to see it happen. They should be a lot more fun to watch than last season for sure.

On 8/17/2023 at 11:46 PM, Coach_Izzy said:

Being a 6A school playing in arguably the toughest district in the state, please tell me what does Westbrook get out of playing a terrible 5A school? I honestly feel bad for what’s about to happen to WB in district play, there needs to be a purge of coaches & admin in BISD. No way football in Beaumont should be this bad.

Here comes Mr. or Mrs. Know it all..... Armchair, Bleacher 50yrd Line Coach

On 8/17/2023 at 11:46 PM, Coach_Izzy said:

Being a 6A school playing in arguably the toughest district in the state, please tell me what does Westbrook get out of playing a terrible 5A school? I honestly feel bad for what’s about to happen to WB in district play, there needs to be a purge of coaches & admin in BISD. No way football in Beaumont should be this bad.

Completely 100% agree. The Bruins are now 5 years removed from a state title appearance, and haven't put a competitive product on the field in the last 3 season. I think its safe to say the Langston experiment at West Brook has been a dismal failure. The kids, and the school deserve better.

On 8/19/2023 at 2:59 PM, Reagan said:

@KF89:  Did you attend the Nederland scrimmage?  I did.  If you did, would love to hear your thoughts!  

2 teams that will have a hard time winning games this year, again... Both have a few skilled players, but not enuff quality 5A\6A talent or depth to compete with the top teams in there districts. Unless these Nederland players coming in from 8th grade have Jamal Charles\ Roshon Johnson type skills, which i have seen all play & they don't, they will not make any difference on varsity in the W column

5 minutes ago, KF89 said:

2 teams that will have a hard time winning games this year, again... Both have a few skilled players, but not enuff quality 5A\6A talent or depth to compete with the top teams in there districts. Unless these Nederland players coming in from 8th grade have Jamal Charles\ Roshon Johnson type skills, which i have seen all play & they don't, they will not make any difference on varsity in the W column

Oh boy…. That doesn’t sound promising.