TABC Showcase

48 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

PJ had a lot to do with that.  I can feel it.

I'd guess he had around 10 - 14 points. Had a nice steal or two. Also got completely steamrolled on a charge, but he was okay.

It would have been really easy for Silsbee to get discouraged and throw in the towel after that first half. They had to have been tired and these games don't really mean much. Nice job too keep fighting, and regardless of this game meaning much or not, it still feels good.

1 hour ago, Mballler#1 said:

And Booker T Washington beat Dallas Carter by 20 last night what’s up with that.

BTW will be solid again.  Lost some good players but return their best player.  McDermott probably second best player in region behind Harris.  But he’s a big - I will always take the high major guard over the HM big at the HS level.  Usually just way more impactful.  But they will be a test for the Tigers anyway.  

As for Carter, I’m hearing WT White had the best recruiting off season. Look out 5A. 

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I'd guess he had around 10 - 14 points. Had a nice steal or two. Also got completely steamrolled on a charge, but he was okay.

It would have been really easy for Silsbee to get discouraged and throw in the towel after that first half. They had to have been tired and these games don't really mean much. Nice job too keep fighting, and regardless of this game meaning much or not, it still feels good.

Play hard PJ but, don't get hurt.  This thing is just getting started.

6 hours ago, UNT-AggieMan said:

Without miller? I’m not sure if they get there without him. 

regionals maybe 

but state idk 

I just don’t think there will be anyone better in the region.  BTW maybe but I still like Silsbee.  

However, with or without Miller, the “this group will be better than the Adams, McCain, and Bush teams” statements we were hearing a few years ago hasn’t aged well.  As I suspected then, was clearly nonsense and based more on wishful thinking than anything else. 

That 2017 team was special.  Devon is the best out of Silsbee.Againts Dallas Carter in that championship game he was rebounding, playing defense, making steals, throwing dimes, intercepting dimes, etc.  And he had a star studded team with him: Bush, Adams, Martin, a host of others.

BTW beat FFA.  Or was that BU?   Maybe it was a fluke.  Maybe not.  Like Texas Hoops said, BTW is good, but I feel Silsbee is better.  I think Miller will play, at least I hope so.  If not there are some hungry kids on that team.  Sooner or later some of them will step up.  It happens on all teams every year.

It was BU that beat Faith Family at the TABC. Of course their roster might be a lot different when the season starts.

Silsbee was missing 5 or 6 kids from the team last week. I can think of a few that should make decent contributions this year that weren't there. With or without Miller, hopefully it'll be enough to fill the void if he leaves early.

Some of you have to keep in mind 4A is a different beast than what is was a few years ago. We didn't have the top 4A schools looking like they should be in the 6A playoffs. The only reason this bunch doesn't have at least one ring already is some freakish JUCO looking team.

2017 Silsbee would have a hard time winning anything today. They would have lost to FF the same way this bunch did year before last.