Silsbee vs Hardin Jefferson Playoffs Predictions

BADSANTA

From around 2005-2014, this may have been the biggest rivalry in the state in 3A now 4A. I've attended 4 Silsbee vs HJ games. My 1st was when Silsbee lost to HJ in the Regional Finals in 2007. I saw us advance to state over Hardin Jefferson in 2008 and 2010. I also came to a Silsbee home game in 2011 when HJ had Bosha (freshman) and Prudhomme. Silsbee had DC Stallworth and Prentice Lane. Great times! RIP to all the great Silsbee and HJ members this board has had as well. Going back and forth with Stevenash was always fun. 

7 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Hardin Jefferson won't be s push over for sure. The young man down low is a monster. I think he has been on varsity all 4 years. #10 for Haj is solid as well. Clay will have his guys ready and so will Sigler. Cheers to a healthy game and Tiger win. 

If you’re referring to #5 from HJ I believe he is a junior. At least that’s why the roster said at the game. But I do agree he is tough and physical, I don’t think he will be able to keep up with the pace of the game though.

12 hours ago, Hoopin22 said:

If you’re referring to #5 from HJ I believe he is a junior. At least that’s why the roster said at the game. But I do agree he is tough and physical, I don’t think he will be able to keep up with the pace of the game though.

For HJ to have a legitimate shot in this one they’ll have to dictate the pace. If they can keep the tempo in the 60 point range and keep the post player involved they’ll have a chance. If it turns into a track meet the advantage goes quickly back to the Tigers. 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

For HJ to have a legitimate shot in this one they’ll have to dictate the pace. If they can keep the tempo in the 60 point range and keep the post player involved they’ll have a chance. If it turns into a track meet the advantage goes quickly back to the Tigers. 

I think the tigers have the advantage regardless. Tall tall task for HJ to win this game. 

18 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Geez smh

It's just that I'd have liked to have seen both games, that's all.  I don't see what's wrong with that.  There are lots of back to backs all over the state.  Been to one myself this year.  This one would have been an area showcase.

But the kids are the thing and the coaches are making decisions in their teams best interest and I respect that completely.  EC is a very good venue and I'm not complaining one little bit.  There will be a line but we'll all fit.  Plus they have good nachos and at a better price than the Montagne. 

54 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

It's just that I'd have liked to have seen both games, that's all.  I don't see what's wrong with that.  There are lots of back to backs all over the state.  Been to one myself this year.  This one would have been an area showcase.

But the kids are the thing and the coaches are making decisions in their teams best interest and I respect that completely.  EC is a very good venue and I'm not complaining one little bit.  There will be a line but we'll all fit.  Plus they have good nachos and at a better price than the Montagne. 

There's nothing wrong with the idea. Just knowing all the parties involved, I knew it was never going to happen. It was a pipe dream.

East Chambers is a fine facility and worthy of hosting this game.

In fact, HJ/Silsbee is worthy of having their own event and not having to share with another game.