Lumberton 61 Bridge City 45/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Lumberton 61 Bridge City 45/FINAL

Big win for the Raiders who just locked up 3rd place and a date with Hamshire Fannett or less likely HJ.  If they play that whole game like they the first half against Silsbee last Tuesday the Raiders have a shot at the second round.    

Bridge city will meet Jasper on Friday to decide 4th place in the district.  They'll have to play better than this to win but they can do it.  

11 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Big win for the Raiders who just locked up 3rd place and a date with Hamshire Fannett or less likely HJ.  If they play that whole game like they the first half against Silsbee last Tuesday the Raiders have a shot at the second round.    

Bridge city will meet Jasper on Friday to decide 4th place in the district.  They'll have to play better than this to win but they can do it.  

I'll take Jasper all day for the win

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I'll take Jasper all day for the win

I agree, Jasper will win it at home in a squeaker. 

Neither of these is immune to an upset and I am discounting Vidor and WOS in the role of spoilers next Tuesday.  Vidor pushed Jasper to overtime in a tournament.  WOS and they lost to BC by only 3 last time.  Whoever wins the Jasper/BC matchup shouldn't count their chickens because somebody may steal the eggs first.

Interesting tidbit.  Vidor and WOS each have only one win in district.  Vidor beat WOS 67-63 in Vidor and WOS beat Vidor 67-63 in Orange.  

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

Neither of these is immune to an upset and I am discounting Vidor and WOS in the role of spoilers next Tuesday.  Vidor pushed Jasper to overtime in a tournament.  WOS and they lost to BC by only 3 last time.  Whoever wins the Jasper/BC matchup shouldn't count their chickens because somebody may steal the eggs first.

Interesting tidbit.  Vidor and WOS each have only one win in district.  Vidor beat WOS 67-63 in Vidor and WOS beat Vidor 67-63 in Orange.  

What a down year for WOS. Didn't Vidor beat Ozen one year in district. Maybe around 2008 or something like that. 

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

Just for the matter of accuracy, it wasn't Vidor who pushed Jasper to OT in that tourney game. Vidor had a 25 point lead at one time in that game and led the entire game right up to the final 45 seconds. Jasper is the one that sent the game to overtime.

Vidor really had no business losing that game. I will say they have probably digressed the most of all the teams in the district from the first of the season.

6 hours ago, StephenAGURU said:

Has the Raiders surprised you this year bullets??

Not really.  They surprised me last year.  This year they’re about where I thought they’d be.  A .500ish record and a low playoff seed.  If someone had asked before the season (and it might be in writing on the site), I woulda had them 4th or 5th, and it looks like the most likely result is gonna be the 4-seed, unless vidor pulls an upset.  If they beat HJ or HF in the first round then they will have surprised me.  BC surprised me the most this season.  After going 1-11 in district last year, and 12-23 overall, for them to have a winning record and a shot at the 4th playoff spot going into their last game is impressive.  

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Not really.  They surprised me last year.  This year they’re about where I thought they’d be.  A .500ish record and a low playoff seed.  If someone had asked before the season (and it might be in writing on the site), I woulda had them 4th or 5th, and it looks like the most likely result is gonna be the 4-seed, unless vidor pulls an upset.  If they beat HJ or HF in the first round then they will have surprised me.  BC surprised me the most this season.  After going 1-11 in district last year, and 12-23 overall, for them to have a winning record and a shot at the 4th playoff spot going into their last game is impressive.  

Lol still not giving them credit I see doesn’t surprise me. 

9 minutes ago, StephenAGURU said:

Lol still not giving them credit I see doesn’t surprise me. 

I’ve really been trying to be more positive on here.  I didn’t say anything negative, incorrect, or insulting.  You asked if I was surprised (in some effort to call me out, I guess?).  I’m not surprised.  They went 17-16 with an inarguably soft schedule, and most likely will finish 4th in a 7 team district, and will most likely bow out in the 1st round of the playoffs.  I could’ve predicted that 6 months ago.  What am I supposed to do here?  Pretend I’m surprised, and that they’ve had some master class of a season?  They’ve had an okay season.  I can’t make it into something it’s not.  Good for them for getting back to the playoffs.  For what it’s worth, they would’ve likely finished 4th and made the playoffs in our other local 4A district as well, so credit to them for becoming more competitive the last several years.  

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I’m really been trying to be more positive on here.  I didn’t say anything negative, incorrect, or insulting.  You asked if I was surprised.  They went 17-16 with an inarguably soft schedule, and most likely will finish 4th in a 7 team district, and will most likely bow out in the 1st round of the playoffs.  I could’ve predicted that 6 months ago.  What am I supposed to do here?  Pretend I’m surprised, and that they’ve had some master class of a season?  They’ve had an okay season.  I can’t make it into something it’s not.  

4 really bad teams on the schedule that’s soft? That’s about the same as your boy at HJ