Vidor is open !!

lcm93

Just now, setxathlete14 said:

I dont rely on articles. West orange  out talented everyone for 30+ years?. Newton. Same dance.

😂🤣😂🤣…. 

Thank you for proving our point… when you have a team full of talent, you 9 out of 10 times win 

Literally just said SOC out talented PNG to win 🤦🏼‍♂️

8 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

😂🤣😂🤣…. 

Thank you for proving our point… when you have a team full of talent, you 9 out of 10 times win 

WOS still had the same level of talent this year.  What happened?  Wrong coach, wrong result.  Or did the talent stop showing up when Cornel left?  Also, Newton, they had pretty good coaches when they were winning State.  The Newton faithful are going to be disappointed with what they got now.  But they still have the talent!  Of course, as always, this is just my opinion!

30 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

And?  Colleges miss all the time on so called "5 star or top 100 recruits" .  So does the NFL on 1st round picks.   Mahomes was a 3 star. Josh Allen was unranked and went to a CC first.   Kyler Murray was #1 QB recruit in the nation and look how he turned out.   Same for Sam Darnold (#5).   The point is the ranking system is subjective and is actually more accurate on the defensive side vs the offensive side.

This is the hidden content, please

That's right.. name some exceptions.  By the way.. the kids at SOC so highly recruited are on the defensive side.

13 minutes ago, Reagan said:

WOS still had the same level of talent this year.  What happened?  Wrong coach, wrong result.  Or did the talent stop showing up when Cornel left?  Also, Newton, they had pretty good coaches when they were winning State.  The Newton faithful are going to be disappointed with what they got now.  But they still have the talent!  Of course, as always, this is just my opinion!

player + coaching + level of competition

Which part of the formula do you not understand? By the way... the last part is the reason the WOS predecessor didn't win a state title every year.  Graduation contributed to that as well (player).  Where does "level of competition" come in to play?  Well... if you'll remember.  WOS couldn't even get out of the region when Carthage was in their classification (level of competition).  Thank goodness UIL came in and split the divisions.  That's when a great coach (C. Thompson) became next level great in your eyes.  

Not to be a buzzkill... but it happened for Newton, Too.  Before the D1/D2 classification split they couldn't get past Cameron Yoe.

15 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

player + coaching + level of competition

Which part of the formula do you not understand? By the way... the last part is the reason the WOS predecessor didn't win a state title every year.  Graduation contributed to that as well (player).  Where does "level of competition" come in to play?  Well... if you'll remember.  WOS couldn't even get out of the region when Carthage was in their classification (level of competition).  Thank goodness UIL came in and split the divisions.  That's when a great coach (C. Thompson) became next level great in your eyes.  

Not to be a buzzkill... but it happened for Newton, Too.  Before the D1/D2 classification split they couldn't get past Cameron Yoe.

Like you have said, and I agree, there are exceptions to everything.  But, 90% of the time coaching will prevail as the deciding factor.  

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Like you have said, and I agree, there are exceptions to everything.  But, 90% of the time coaching will prevail as the deciding factor.  

I agree with you that coaching is the deciding factor when talent is relatively similar. Coaching will even overcome a slightly higher degree of talent.. but there's a limit to that.  Surely even you don't think the greatest 2A coach in all of existence with the best 2A team to have ever played can beat Northshore as they are right now. 

21 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I just did.  I will give you another one, he goes by the GOAT.

Let's make a comparison.. how many top recruits do they get right?  How many first round picks do they get right?

Personally.. I'm gonna go with the billions of dollars industries that devote millions of dollars+ on getting the best players possible in order to win games.  As opposed to some guy on some high school sports forum that says, "they get it wrong all the time...". 

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

Let's make a comparison.. how many top recruits do they get right?  How many first round picks do they get right?

Personally.. I'm gonna go with the billions of dollars industries that devote millions of dollars+ on getting the best possible players possible in order to win games.  As opposed to some guy on some high school sports forum that says, "they get it wrong all the time...". 

I didn't say that.  I said that there are a lot of misses on highly recruited kids and NFL picks.  Not all of the time, but their hit percentages are not as high as you would think with the amount of money and time that are spent.  If you read some interviews with NFL scouts, most say that the 1st round is a crapshoot and more quality players come in the middle rounds.   Same thing for college.

3 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I didn't say that.  I said that there are a lot of misses on highly recruited kids and NFL picks.  Not all of the time, but their hit percentages are not as high as you would think with the amount of money and time that are spent.  If you read some interviews with NFL scouts, most say that the 1st round is a crapshoot and more quality players come in the middle rounds.   Same thing for college.

"And?  Colleges miss all the time on so called "5 star or top 100 recruits" .  So does the NFL on 1st round picks."

Get it wrong all the time.... miss all the time.... not much different to me.  But you definitely said that ^.  Either way.. it's statistically high enough that I'm taking their side.  So, in the case of "7 top 100 recruits" vs. "zero top 100 recruits"... I'm betting that the one with 7 is more talented.  Especially since I actually watched the game. 

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

"And?  Colleges miss all the time on so called "5 star or top 100 recruits" .  So does the NFL on 1st round picks."

Get it wrong all the time.... miss all the time.... not much different to me.  But you definitely said that ^.  Either way.. it's statistically high enough that I'm taking their side.  So, in the case of "7 top 100 recruits" vs. "zero top 100 recruits"... I'm betting that the one with 7 is more talented.  Especially since I actually watched the game. 

So did I , those 7 top 100 recruits gave up 24 pts and was down at halftime.  SOC made adjustments in the second half , and it didn't look like PNG made as many to counter.  Too many mistakes in a SC game for PNG.  Anyway, I have seen scrappy teams beat teams with more talent plenty of times.  PNG and Nederland have beat teams they probably shouldn't have (on paper anyway) and lost to teams they shouldn't have.  That's why you play the game.

Lets get back on topic this doesn't have anything to do with Vidor really.  (My fault as well for getting off topic)

3 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

So did I , those 7 top 100 recruits gave up 24 pts and was down at halftime.  SOC made adjustments in the second half , and it didn't look like PNG made as many to counter.  Too many mistakes in a SC game for PNG.  Anyway, I have seen scrappy teams beat teams with more talent plenty of times.  PNG and Nederland have beat teams they probably shouldn't have (on paper anyway) and lost to teams they shouldn't have.  That's why you play the game.

Lets get back on topic this doesn't have anything to do with Vidor really.  (My fault as well for getting off topic)

It's somewhat related to Vidor.  It was said that Vidor has as much talent as whoever.. Lumberton I think.  So they should've won this year with all their 4.5 speedsters and scrappy kids.

And yeah.. less talented teams win every once in a while.  I wouldn't take that pitch to a college recruiter job interview if I were you.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Quick question: after I takeover as HC of Vidor and win state in year-3 does the 7yr time clock resets to win another one or does it go away for good? 😁

It's 7 years per school.  If you were an Elite coach then you'd have nothing to worry about.     :)

27 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Oh cool, so I can win my one then kick my feet up and collect a check. 😎💪🏾

Or, you can not win one and kick up your feet for 24 years like some in the area!    :)      But, on the other hand, if you win one in the first 7 years you'll more than likely win another.  Why, because that's what Elite coaches do.  I know we don't see it that often because there aren't that many Elite coaches around.  Only 10% at any given time is an Elite coach.  BTW -- winning only one State Title doesn't give one a spot in that category.  

@Reagan Your life must be sad and pathetic for you to only judge a high school coach and his athletes by wins and losses. Must have been bullied and this is your way of getting back at people, degrading a coach and his career…. Real winner you are 

Not many posters that are from or live in Vidor get on here claiming to be world beaters. Our young men lineup every Friday… sometimes on a Saturday and play till the last whistle every game. They don’t complain about not winning championships, they don’t complain about the past. They play to their capabilities and some go above and beyond… hell some even make it to the next level. But what those young men lack in wins, championships, athletic ability/accomplishments they more than make up for it with character… and that character will take you further than a sports playing career!

4 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

😂🤣😂🤣…. 

No genius. Off topic now but I can assure you WOS didn't out talent every team for the past 30 years...

2 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

No genius. Off topic now but I can assure you WOS didn't out talent every team for the past 30 years...

For the majority of WOS seasons including playoffs they out talent their opponents… district and a couple rounds in the playoffs. Not till 3d, 4th rd does talent and coaching start to even out. Genius