Vidor is open !!

lcm93

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

I guess I should be specific.  When I say wins.. I mean deep win.  Successful playoff runs. Etc.  Of course it's possible to win a lot of games with bad players and good coaching... if the schedule is weak.  Just like good players and good coaches can have mediocre/poor seasons if the schedule isn't conducive for success.  And bad coaches can have a heck of a run with good enough players and a weak schedule.  

Each of those scenarios play out literally every year. 

Make no mistake, there are more bad coaches winning with good players than there is good coaches winning with bad players.

Will someone please freaking address my Bill Belichick example?.. Jeez.  His record WITHOUT Tom Brady is less than .500.  WITH Tom Brady he has like 9 super bowl appearances in two decades. 

Brady was only one of 22 starters on the field.  He never played defense.  More of a coincidence I would say.  Just like the discussion about PNG not winning a Title with that great QB they had a few years back.  People here were saying you need more than just one person to win Titles.  Anyway, coaches don't usually stay on top for various reasons.  Landry didn't.  Lombardi didn't.  

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

Did Surratt, Buchanan and Briles not win State Championships in their first 7 years?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your thinking is…. If Surratt came to Vidor, he’d have Vidor hoisting the state championship in 7 yrs? Same can be said for let’s say BC, OF, and a few other area schools…. Is that what you are saying?

If that is was you’re saying…. Please let my buy a little of what you are smoking! 

10 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Your thinking is…. If Surratt came to Vidor, he’d have Vidor hoisting the state championship in 7 yrs? Same can be said for let’s say BC, OF, and a few other area schools…. Is that what you are saying?

If that is was you’re saying…. Please let my buy a little of what you are smoking! 

You would have included PNG on your list before this year. 

40 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Not to mention, the correlation between household income and success is such a huge factor.  Not the only factor but it's unbelievable how much better an individual player can be through different financially backed  instances (trainer, dietician, camps, etc..)  

Please, sir.... explain to me why the most recent SC winner from SETX are Newton and WOS... neither of which can boast of any advantages due to "household income." Your argument is wrong. 

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Truer words have never been spoken. 

Vidor is more of a "Homecoming Celebration School." 

One more thing VISD students and fans have to look forward to… can’t say the same good ol’BC. We’ll I guess they can look forward to riding down Baileys or getting a corn dog

2 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

lcm/ lumberton have had deep playoff runs recent...... Playoff wins elude vidor. They prefer moral victory.

Nope… deep off runs mean nothing according to some. State champs or the season meaning nothing. 

I'm sure you and Reagan will be battling it out to see who gets the Vidor job… can’t wait! Better start building a B I G trophy case!

8 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Nope… deep off runs mean nothing according to some. State champs or the season meaning nothing. 

I'm sure you and Reagan will be battling it out to see who gets the Vidor job… can’t wait! Better start building a B I G trophy case!

Hey I liked Matthews as I stated way earlier..... But that stellar 2021 season really didnt set the bar high enough for some of the Vidor faithful to critique other schools about winning or losing so much.  Lol

20 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Hey I liked Matthews as I stated way earlier..... But that stellar 2021 season really didnt set the bar high enough for some of the Vidor faithful to critique other schools about winning or losing so much.  Lol

It’s comical the amount of people that love to bash Vidor football and Coach Mathews. When a number of the posters are from schools that haven’t sniffed a winning season or playoff berth since parents walked up hill both ways to school… in the snow. And since they know so much about Vidor athletics, it’s players, and sports in general (specifically football) I look forward to their suggestions and winning formula to bring Vidor to a state championship football program 

3 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

My friend, what I smoke is called "reality" at it's finest!  If you want some, I'll even pay for it!    :)

11 minutes ago, Reagan said:

My friend, what I smoke is called "reality" at it's finest!  If you want some, I'll even pay for it!    :)

Clearly your “reality” is that of a different world. But my back to my original question…

Your thinking is…. If Surratt came to Vidor, he’d have Vidor hoisting the state championship in 7 yrs? Same can be said for let’s say BC, OF, and a few other area schools…. Is that what you are saying?

3 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

In bold -- ABSOLUTELY!  None of the schools that Surratt, Buchanan and Briles were at ever won a State Championship.  If you are not sure what happened after they arrived at their respective schools then I'd do a little research and swing around back to us.  Before he arrived, the school Briles was at was pretty bad off.  Could even be said it would equate, or even worse, to what's going on at Vidor.   So, yes, again, coaching does matter.  Now, with that being said, will Vidor get a Championship-type coach?  The odds are against it.  But, they are out there.  That's why a school must keep trying.  

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

In bold -- ABSOLUTELY!  None of the schools that Surratt, Buchanan and Briles were at ever won a State Championship.  If you are not sure what happened after they arrived at their respective schools then I'd do a little research and swing around back to us.  Before he arrived, the school Briles was at was pretty bad off.  Could even be said it would equate, or even worse, to what's going on at Vidor.   So, yes, again, coaching does matter.  Now, with that being said, will Vidor get a Championship-type coach?  The odds are against it.  But, they are out there.  That's why a school must keep trying.  

Sounds like you have the winning formula and have all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed! Can’t wait to see you on the sidelines… Reagan brining championships to Vidor!!! 

and don’t forget to pick up his book… How to win championships in 7 years or less… NY Times Bestseller 

This is the goofiest thread ever… people like me keep saying “y’all are better than your record. Y’all should make the playoffs most years and make three rounds or so fairly regularly, y’all just need some better coaching.”

Then all of the Vidor fans argue “Nuh uh!!!! We SUCK!  Always have and always will. Lucky for us we had a coach that taught the boys Bible verses and we were lucky to keep him as long as we did!”

BC sucks right now and has for the last few years. They went out and got a position coach from a storied program and so far it hasn’t worked. I’m guessing he’ll need to show some much delayed improvement this coming year or we’ll part ways. 

The kids in Vidor are scrappy. They just need some better coaching and community support. Not this “we’re just a bunch of losers” mentality that y’all are spewing. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the goofiest thread ever… people like me keep saying “y’all are better than your record. Y’all should make the playoffs most years and make three rounds or so fairly regularly, y’all just need some better coaching.”

Then all of the Vidor fans argue “Nuh uh!!!! We SUCK!  Always have and always will. Lucky for us we had a coach that taught the boys Bible verses and we were lucky to keep him as long as we did!”

BC sucks right now and has for the last few years. They went out and got a position coach from a storied program and so far it hasn’t worked. I’m guessing he’ll need to show some much delayed improvement this coming year or we’ll part ways. 

The kids in Vidor are scrappy. They just need some better coaching and community support. Not this “we’re just a bunch of losers” mentality that y’all are spewing. 

Wow… have you been drinking?  Nothing you just vomited resembles anything in this thread.  

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Next question … did you live in Vidor before you moved to the Mecca of life on earth in BC?  You seem super emotional about this 

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You mean to tell that BC brought in a coach from a storied program (I have NO clue who the coach is… don’t care) and didn’t start winning right away?!?! He didn’t bring over the winning formula to make a state run?!?! What tha what?!?! 

“Community support” dear lord man stop drinking that BC water!

2 best things about BC is the corn dog at Walmart and seeing BC in your rear view mirrors 

4 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

If Surratt came to Vidor, Vidor would immediately do things it has never done in its history. Nearly all of Vidor’s problems can be solved with coaching. Instead, everyone blames the kids. As if there’s some big genetic difference between Vidor and PNG and Nederland (and when Vidor was in our district, except for the last few years they had the same size school as PNG). Before Hurricane Harvey, Vidor was sitting right at around 1400 kids. All respect to Coach Matthews, but I think Vidor runs their gimmick offense because Coach Matthews doesn’t know how to teach the skills necessary to run anything else. Vidor kids can run whatever their coach can or will teach them to run. Vidor players could blow everyone’s minds if their leadership believed they could. 

11 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

If Surratt came to Vidor, Vidor would immediately do things it has never done in its history. Nearly all of Vidor’s problems can be solved with coaching. Instead, everyone blames the kids. As if there’s some big genetic difference between Vidor and PNG and Nederland (and when Vidor was in our district, except for the last few years they had the same size school as PNG). Before Hurricane Harvey, Vidor was sitting right at around 1400 kids. All respect to Coach Matthews, but I think Vidor runs their gimmick offense because Coach Matthews doesn’t know how to teach the skills necessary to run anything else. Vidor kids can run whatever their coach can or will teach them to run. Vidor players could blow everyone’s minds if their leadership believed they could. 

So how soon should we expect to see him leading BC to state?  Sounds like he’s the one

6 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

What was the average size of PNG’s offensive line last season (height and weight)? 

Gimmick offense??? Guess you’ve never heard of Liberty Hill and a few other schools that run the same offense that make deep playoff runs Year in, Year out. 

Absolutely love all the paid coaches on this site with their cast knowledge football but more specifically Vidor football.