South Oak Cliff vs Pt. Neches-Groves

WOSdrummer99

Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2022 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

14-0 Duncanville by 13, who's set to play in the 6A D1 State championship, 13-2 DeSoto by 1, who's set to play in the 6A D2 state championship game this week.  Their "bad loss" was Lancaster 21-3, who could've easily made a run to state this year as well, but lost a close one in the 3rd round to undefeated Reedy.  It's also worth noting these were SOC's first three games of the season.  I'm rooting for PNG, but their schedule doesn't hold a candle to the one that SOC has played.  SOC also beat Parish Episcopal, who won the TAPPS D1 championship, and beat the likes of Aledo, China Spring, and LBJ Austin this year.  Their playoff run included wins over Dallas area schools Lovejoy, Midlothian Heritage, Melissa, and Argyle.  It could be (reasonably) argued that PNG is the 7th or 8th toughest opponent on SOC's schedule this year.  That said, PNG has been playing incredible football, and they've earned their right to play this game.  While I don't think PNG would've advanced through the side of the bracket that SOC did, they're playing well enough right now that if things go right they can beat anyone.  I'm definitely pulling for them!

Only have to win by one.It will be tough though.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

14-0 Duncanville by 13, who's set to play in the 6A D1 State championship, 13-2 DeSoto by 1, who's set to play in the 6A D2 state championship game this week.  Their "bad loss" was Lancaster 21-3, who could've easily made a run to state this year as well, but lost a close one in the 3rd round to undefeated Reedy.  It's also worth noting these were SOC's first three games of the season.  I'm rooting for PNG, but their schedule doesn't hold a candle to the one that SOC has played.  SOC also beat Parish Episcopal, who won the TAPPS D1 championship, and beat the likes of Aledo, China Spring, and LBJ Austin this year.  Their playoff run included wins over Dallas area schools Lovejoy, Midlothian Heritage, Melissa, and Argyle.  It could be (reasonably) argued that PNG is the 7th or 8th toughest opponent on SOC's schedule this year.  That said, PNG has been playing incredible football, and they've earned their right to play this game.  While I don't think PNG would've advanced through the side of the bracket that SOC did, they're playing well enough right now that if things go right they can beat anyone.  I'm definitely pulling for them!

Only have to win by one.It will be tough though.

These games get bet on in Vegas. Vegas pros handicap these games. I don't condone that and I don't bet but I do look to get the truth and a good look at what's expected by experts. The real experts. This game opened up at PNG minus 3. Word is it might be PNG minus 7.5 by kickoff. 

Im not saying go bet or condoning that, but not everybody thinks this is gonna be a cakewalk for SOC. Just saying. Take it for what it's worth. 

2 minutes ago, 19Cherokee90 said:

These games get bet on in Vegas. Vegas pros handicap these games. I don't condone that and I don't bet but I do look to get the truth and a good look at what's expected by experts. The real experts. This game opened up at PNG minus 3. Word is it might be PNG minus 7.5 by kickoff. 

Im not saying go bet or condoning that, but not everybody thinks this is gonna be a cakewalk for SOC. Just saying. Take it for what it's worth. 

I'll be making a trip to the Horseshoe in Lake Charles Friday to place a big bet if the line does go to -7.5 PN-G.

My book currently has it SOC -3

35 minutes ago, 19Cherokee90 said:

😳

I think the strength of SOC is the secondary. They are really good. NDNs on offense are gonna have to keep them honest to keep the running lanes open. I don’t think PNG can get behind the corners but RPOs and double moves will suffice.  If PNG can get out front by 2 scores we got something!

5 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

7,102 from the last count...that wasn't the point...the point was they have the biggest band and none of the teams that are playing this week can compare although PN-Gs band is good for a school it's size

Allen’s band is around 850 kids.  If just the band was a school, they would be 4aD1 in football.  

People don’t realize that PNG has some really great coaches he’s probably scheming with this week to put PNG players in the best position to succeed. I can’t wait to see what they come up with. Hint: a lot of ideas flying around from Katy HS, who’s been there, done that. Should be a great game.

44 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

People don’t realize that PNG has some really great coaches he’s probably scheming with this week to put PNG players in the best position to succeed. I can’t wait to see what they come up with. Hint: a lot of ideas flying around from Katy HS, who’s been there, done that. Should be a great game.

I really hated seeing Katy lose to Vandegrift last week, partly because I’m a Gary Joseph fan and partly because I just don’t like the Vandegrift faculty I’ve had to deal with in the past.

But, my first thought on seeing that was that PN-G had just gotten a new assistant coach for the week, and I’m looking forward to seeing what he helps the Indians cook up. 😎

This is the hidden content, please

This game should break attendance record. I was at the state championship games last year & SOC had such a large turnout of supporters show up from the DFW area AT&T STADIUM had to open up the upper levels of seats on their side. With the large amount of supporters PNG will bring it will be jam packed both sides.  

SOC is pretty tough to beat in the playoffs lately. Granted this team is different than last year but they do have recent championship experience. SOC is going to be confident and ready to put on for the Triple D. I almost wish Aledo would play on Friday night so Dallas could be all day Saturday. You absolutely have to respect the playoff path PNG has made. I'm sure they will be ready and the whole tribe (is that what yall calls yalls fans?) will show up.