South Oak Cliff vs Pt. Neches-Groves

WOSdrummer99

Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2022 at 01:00 AM

Don't be afraid to change if something is not working. 

I was fortunate (and old enough) to get to watch the undefeated 1980's TJ Yellow Jackets make it to the State Championship and watch a devastating loss to Odessa.......

Play harder than you have every played and do it for all 4 quarters!

GO PNG!!!!!

1 hour ago, BleedBlackandGold said:

Lol…Thank you! I’ll be chanting it with y’all. I was laughing last week bc I was all into the Who are we? PNG and I was thinking  no I’m not 😂 

When i was in the dome.  LCM was playing Lamarque. I liked their chant. We are the cougars! Who are you? 

3 hours ago, png742 said:

Do you see them asking any other team that has “The Indians” as their mascot to change their names?  Haven’t heard them complaining about Santa Fe are Cleveland. 

All of the other dozens of schools aren’t at State.  So they don’t matter.  And PNG is already on the radar due to Disney World.  Hopefully PNG holds their ground.  

3 hours ago, png742 said:

Do you see them asking any other team that has “The Indians” as their mascot to change their names?  Haven’t heard them complaining about Santa Fe are Cleveland. 

My alma mater and the team that routinely bounced us from the playoffs when I was in HS in the 80s (Groveton) were and are the Indians.  At the 2A level (now the 3A level), you get much less of the PC stuff.  That and nobody gives a crap (in general) in small town Texas. 

PNG went back to the drawing board after we embarrassed them in their home Week-1. They definitely can win this game. 

I'm picking SOC solely because I said in the off-season they'd go back-to-back. I can't switch up now. 🤷🏾‍♂️  

Feeling good about PNG Football right now.  From what I have seen starting the year to now, this team has peaked at the State Championship game.  There will be a mass of people at this game.  I will be one of them.  I saw the 1975 game, the 1999 game & I will enjoy the 2022 game backing my Indian boys 100%.  😄👍🏈

PNG HAS A SPECIAL SPIRIT, PASS IT ON!!! 

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

PNG went back to the drawing board after we embarrassed them in their home Week-1. They definitely can win this game. 

I'm picking SOC solely because I said in the off-season they'd go back-to-back. I can't switch up now. 🤷🏾‍♂️  

^^^^^^^^^^Bad neighbor ^^^^^^^^^^

THIS SOC team is not nearly as good as last years. The difference is this one is absolutely Elite on the defensive side of the ball. They won't score a whole heck of a lot but that's because they don't have to. They also will try to take the air out the ball if they get a 10 point lead. They are huge up front and its a state title game so everyone will be motivated. 

PNG has the type of offense that can score because they have highly accurate passing that can punish the SOC Safeties and Linebackers. You need to attack the seams against this team or you will be in trouble. Lancasters 2 TDs were good passes on the seems and a player simply running to open space for a TD.