Woodville (27) vs East Chambers (20) - FINAL

jdawg03

19 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

who is these guys on this broadcast?

I appreciate people being willing to broadcast, but I simply had to turn that one off.  No idea what was happening from one play to the next.  

If the broadcasters read this thread....gentlemen we aren't present.  Please give us yards gained on a play if nothing else.  

4 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

I appreciate people being willing to broadcast, but I simply had to turn that one off.  No idea what was happening from one play to the next.  

If the broadcasters read this thread....gentlemen we aren't present.  Please give us yards gained on a play if nothing else.   

you listened to the EC broadcast or Woodville broadcast? 

9 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

they are just bad period. i will not listen to them again.

they gave zero information about the plays.

I do not want to turn a big win for Woodville into a bashing session on the broadcast.  Just hope that if they broadcast next week they give more detail.  Be fans, get angry at officials, have fun, but please provide us details so we know the situation each snap. 

I hope this is not taken as a complaint but constructive to improve the broadcast.  Love the enthusiasm, just want the detail. 

For years many guys that have coached against Woodville have always felt it was a school that had great potential.  Hope the past few years and this one begin the success that should be expected there year after year. 

2 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

I do not want to turn a big win for Woodville into a bashing session on the broadcast.  Just hope that if they broadcast next week they give more detail.  Be fans, get angry at officials, have fun, but please provide us details so we know the situation each snap. 

I hope this is not taken as a complaint but constructive to improve the broadcast.  Love the enthusiasm, just want the detail. 

For years many guys that have coached against Woodville have always felt it was a school that had great potential.  Hope the past few years and this one begin the success that should be expected there year after year. 

I learned a long time ago when I started my radio broadcast career that you have to be the eyes for your listening audience. A play by play announcer has to be as detailed as possible when doing play by. It's the color commentator job to add flavor and summary of play. It's okay to be "rah rah" when doing a home team broadcast but make sure the game is detailed for the listener. An audio broadcast has to promote the facts of the game more so than the opinion.

23 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I learned a long time ago when I started my radio broadcast career that you have to be the eyes for your listening audience. A play by play announcer has to be as detailed as possible when doing play by. It's the color commentator job to add flavor and summary of play. It's okay to be "rah rah" when doing a home team broadcast but make sure the game is detailed for the listener. An audio broadcast has to promote the facts of the game more so than the opinion.

+1,000

My buddy Dave Hofferth comes to mind. He was a great Basketball play by play guy. Did it for the Astros for a short stint too. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

+1,000

My buddy Dave Hofferth comes to mind. He was a great Basketball play by play guy. Did it for the Astros for a short stint too. 

Loved me some Dave. He was a great radio play by.

He now does public address at BISD Stadium. I will see him Friday night unless Lumberton has someone else to do PA.

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Loved me some Dave. He was a great radio play by.

He now does public address at BISD Stadium. I will see him Friday night unless Lumberton has someone else to do PA.

Yep. I worked with him at KYKR/KLVI back in the 80’s (I was just a kid…). Not only a great broadcaster, but a great guy altogether.