Crosby vs Longview

Cougar14.2

53 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but it’s not 

Dylan Spencer - Texas 

Kam Bizor - Colorado 

Jo’Laison Landry - Utah 

Or 6’1” 300lb K’mard Kimble who will also have FBS offers after this year like we saw at CE King. I don’t think we’ll be destroyed at the LOS like we were by those kids. 

Those are good numbers for the LV kids but Crosby’s two edge players last year, Tyler Cooper and McCoy Casey, had something like 36 sacks just between those two so it’s not really anything that jumps off the page. The talent LV has on the defensive line is pretty similar to PA Memorial, it’s LV’s scheme that’s tough to beat. 

I’ll tell you now, it all has to do with size. if Jeremiah rougley & xaryus shepherd were both bigger they’d have just about every offer in the country. That’s always the thing with Longview. I’ll put our athletes up against anyone. They don’t get the same recognition as others because we’re usually an undersized team. 

7 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Or he could just go to your Twitter feed you posted an look at all the racial tweets you’ve tweeted. Pretty much reveals who you really are. 

That’s an interesting take considering some of the things posted in the forum where y’all talk about that stuff. People already knew who I was and who I am. I know it’s hard to believe but there’s things I care about a lot more and research a lot more fervently than high school football statistics. Losing voting rights is a lot more important than losing to Longview in my opinion.

I know you have this odd obsession with all things me but we’ve been asked not to discuss non-football related items in this forum and I’ll oblige. I wouldn’t mind discussing it with you in person though. 

1 minute ago, Kjetx07 said:

I’ll tell you now, it all has to do with size. if Jeremiah rougley & xaryus shepherd were both bigger they’d have just about every offer in the country. That’s always the thing with Longview. I’ll put our athletes up against anyone. They don’t get the same recognition as others because we’re usually an undersized team. 

This is the exact reason why I laugh in the face of people that are always yelling about D1 this and D1 that.

D1 isn't about talent all the time. Athletes have to check a lot of boxes to get those looks. Genetics, grades, camps, visits....all of that goes into it.

In LV's case, you hit the nail on the head. Sheppard, JJ and Billy Smith are pretty dang talented. LV has had DLs with multiple D1 signees before....none of them touch the '22 defensive line. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That’s an interesting take considering some of the things posted in the forum where y’all talk about that stuff. People already knew who I was and who I am. I know it’s hard to believe but there’s things I care about a lot more and research a lot more fervently than high school football statistics. Losing voting rights is a lot more important than losing to Longview in my opinion.

I know you have this odd obsession with all things me but we’ve been asked not to discuss non-football related items in this forum and I’ll oblige. I wouldn’t mind discussing it with you in person though. 

Your the one that posted your Twitter feed to show us how shallow you are as a individual an then tell another poster to go to Truth Social because he obviously hit a nerve with you when it comes to race. You put yourself on the spot by trying to be a smart A to a poster that called you out. If you dish it out you gotta be willing to take it. So take it an move on. 

11 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Your the one that posted your Twitter feed to show us how shallow you are as a individual an then tell another poster to go to Truth Social because he obviously hit a nerve with you when it comes to race. You put yourself on the spot by trying to be a smart A to a poster that called you out. If you dish it out you gotta be willing to take it. So take it an move on. 

Dude, you can literally go post my entire feed in the political forum. I don’t give a flying bleep. You don’t think I knew people like you would go through it? I don’t care. You see I give it and take it every day on there. It’s nowhere near the denigration that’s the political forum on this site though. Forget a nerve, I must’ve hit your spinal cord a long time ago they way you’re obsessed with all that is me. 

2 hours ago, Kjetx07 said:

Mobile quarterbacks tend to give us fits. They have for years for some reason. but with that being said, i don’t even think we’ve allowed 100 rushing yards in a game this season. If Crosby can muster 200 on us, they deserve to win it.

Marshall, Lufkin and McNorth all finished with 100. We've just also had 3 games that the opponent has finished with negative yardage.

If Crosby comes even close to 200, I'd be utterly shocked.

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

LV and Lancaster are better than the teams in our district but next best four teams are probably all in our district. From all the film I’ve watched MN is probably about as good as Baytown Lee. 

Our views of our district are completely different. I just don't see it.

McNorth would drill Baytown Lee 9 times out of 10 IMO, just like PAM should've done when they faced off.

Forney is an up and coming team that I fully believe could beat any of the top four teams in your district on a neutral field. No idea what happens tomorrow on that long journey, but I would not be shocked one bit to see the Jackrabbits knock off the Eagles....especially in another rain game.

Heck, I believe Lufkin would beat Crosby and give Kingwood Park/Barbers Hill a game.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think your assumption is that Crosby is your typical bi-district opponent? We may well be but it’s going to be interesting to see how well we can match up now that we’re relatively healthy. The only position group I would give Crosby the nod at over LV is QB, if Beaumont Westbrook doesn’t fumble late I wouldn’t even give it to you at coach. Hard not to be confident when we got blow out by Kingwood Park though🤷🏾‍♂️

A forced fumble late in a State Title game gives us the advantage in coaching?

Your coach has lost as many district games this season alone than ours did in his first 11. Been to three times the amount of state championship games than y'all have been to, and we've never finished below 3rd in the district since he took over. 

Beyond bizarre statement.

33 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

A forced fumble late in a State Title game gives us the advantage in coaching?

Your coach has lost as many district games this season alone than ours did in his first 11. Been to three times the amount of state championship games than y'all have been to, and we've never finished below 3rd in the district since he took over. 

Beyond bizarre statement.

Yeah, that one made me chuckle.

King is one of the highest paid coaches in the state for a reason.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This thread bout to be more funny this weekend 🤣

14.2 gonna learn today.

He assured us that Crosby would have no problem stopping the run. Well what happened? Taylor Tatum with almost 200 on the ground tonight. Alijah Johnson had 100+ himself. 14.2 got some explaining to do!