La Porte (42) @ Crosby (49) - FINAL

jdawg03

I stopped by the whataburger in LaPorte and talked to one of the dads and the kids last night, tough ballgame.  It’s crazy the dad was pointing out the same plays where we were scratching our heads and I pointed out some things where he was like yeah I didn’t understand that.  They were watching the World Series and we all took another L right there in dag gum Whataburger!

Couple of thoughts.

1st- Really fun game to watch.

2nd- #17 for La Porte is a baller

3rd- Thought La Porte ran an illegal play going in to score on their final drive. The QB pitched the ball to the RB then the RB handed the ball off in front of him and the QB passed it. I thought it has to be a handoff backwards for the QB to be able to pass the ball. 

4th- Thought #4 for Crosby could have got a flag for taunting after the hook and ladder. 

5th- Great composure by Crosby to finish the game and go down and win

6th- Crosby is going to get thumped by Longview. 

7th- Had to mute the game, didnt really care for the announcing on that one.  

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Couple of thoughts.

3rd- Thought La Porte ran an illegal play going in to score on their final drive. The QB pitched the ball to the RB then the RB handed the ball off in front of him and the QB passed it. I thought it has to be a handoff backwards for the QB to be able to pass the ball. 

4th- Thought #4 for Crosby could have got a flag for taunting after the hook and ladder. 

Incorrect on point 3. They can hand the ball off forward as many times as they want behind the line of scrimmage and it doesn't take away their ability to still pass the ball.

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Couple of thoughts.

#2 correct.  After the first kickoff, I said I wouldn’t kick it to #17 again.  

#6 correct gonna be a long drive, there and back.

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Y'all talked all off season long how easy this district and division is going to be, lol. Come on man.

Whos yall? Lol. Everyone I know knew this district was not going to be a pushover. We still expected to win every game but we always do. We'll expect to win every district game next year as well. Save for the  KP game  every game was winnable that we lost.  I think you're  just a hater which is sad because at the end of the day these are high school kids playing