The State's Winningest HS Football Coach Might Forget All His Victories

Dirty_but_Dazzling

12 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

A good article I come across and wanted to share.

This is the hidden content, please

Great story, thanks for posting.  As one of the elderly, I see dementia creeping into my life.  Nothing to compare to what the Coach has, but it happens to some degree in most all of us.  Wouldn’t wish severe dementia (Alzheimer’s) on my worst enemy.  Google is my friend to help find the right word or how to spell.  I used to be the guy everyone ask how to spell something.  Now it’s a struggle.

But the Coach - what a dynasty he built…… from nothing.  What a legacy he leaves behind.  Hundreds of young men learned life lessons from him.  He may not remember but those young men will.  And the community will. Well done Coach.  Well done indeed.

2 hours ago, 88Warrior said:

Interesting enough, one of Danaher’s former assistant coaches (Austin Smithey) is now at Warren trying to do what Danaher did at Calallen…build a program from the very bottom up…

Hope he’s successful.  A good Coach provides a lot more than simply a good won/lost percentage.