Port Neches-Groves (27) @ West Orange-Stark (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Why wasn’t the DC retained that’s been with the program that produced one of the stingiest defenses in Texas over the last 20 or 30 years?

I believe your concern about the next 2 or 3 years is legit,  an I don’t believe it’s gonna be pretty.

I’m not sure why most of the old staff was let go?!   Don’t know if they left on their own, or saw the writing on the wall?

Others can answer that.   It makes you wonder, and believe that they wanted to completely change, and build the program from scratch.

Not sure why that would be necessary, or a good idea.   It’s WOS,  not a marginal program.

2 hours ago, dj said:

I totally agree !! He is trying to force something on kids thats 15,16,17 yrs old. And want them to change everything they known since they started football.he is not a proving winner.on either side of the ball u just can't change everything.where have either coordinator ever won.i look at teams like png,lcm,silsbee.these kids are been coached!! They have a talented team and think they can just win on that. We're not going no 3 or 4 rounds deep.wait til they meet a well coached team. 

IMO, it was a horrible idea to move on from the 50 defense.   Some of these kids had grandparents play under the same system… think about that.   Very few programs in the state can claim that continuity.    That’s just my opinion though.

But it’s not uncommon for teams to change schemes.   How well they can teach the kids, and get them to buy-in is another thing.   How well do those coaches coach them up, game plan , and make adjustments?

WOS took a big step back, at best, and a monumental step back, at worst.   Look at this guys Defensive coordinator resume.   It’s safe to safe the jury is still out!

I still have MUCH respect for WOS.  They'll get it together and will continue to be a force to deal with in district. PNG came to play....on both sides of the ball.  Watching this game reminded me of PNG from the 70's.....a force to be reckoned with.  Prayers for continued safety for these young men out on the field that allow us to enjoy high school football on Friday nights!

On 9/10/2022 at 10:55 AM, ladybug33 said:

IMO C.T. would not have won this game neither. PNG was just too big for us to contend with. The boys PNG have were big, and very well conditioned. They never got tired. They dragged our boys like rag dolls  give me a break . We (WOS) will be fine!! We were good to hold them down to 27 points.

Yepp, sometimes it all comes down to the game just being a bad matchup for a team.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, NDNWarrior said:

I still have MUCH respect for WOS.  They'll get it together and will continue to be a force to deal with in district. PNG came to play....on both sides of the ball.  Watching this game reminded me of PNG from the 70's.....a force to be reckoned with.  Prayers for continued safety for these young men out on the field that allow us to enjoy high school football on Friday nights!

Yes!!

This almost makes me want to pick Newton over wos.  PNG has learned a lot since week 0 vs pam.  I think that they will continue to get better weekly.  That said is it safe to say Wos isn't as good as we may have thought they were?  remains to be seen