BH @ Baytown Sterling

BHFAN

BH vs Baytown Sterling  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Might as well get next week started. To my knowledge this will be the first time BH and Sterling has meet in a game. We have scrimmaged several times over the years, but not played an actual game. 1st game of district and I expect a BH win in this one! Sterling looks to have a pretty good kid at QB with a bulldozer of a RB, but that doesn’t seem to be helping much with what looks like zero defense giving up 77 points to Brazoswood this week. BH on the other hand after being shutdown on offense for 2 weeks against tough teams finally found their offensive legs this week against a struggling Montgomery team. We also added some wrinkles this week that is good to see as a fan and expect that to continue until BH is the best version it can be. Anyway glad district has arrived and to see how all will shack out. BH by 14

37 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

BH’s QB looked pretty good last night. Very accurate passer and a plus decision maker. Nice willingness to stand in there to make throws even though he’s not the biggest guy. This one should be nothing more than a warmup for the following week. 

QB is doing well and though he can run the ball I too like that he stays in the pocket. We have a lot of young receivers on this team that can catch, so he has a good supporting staff. If we can stay healthy this team will be pretty good by the end of district. Next year they will return a ton.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

BH’s QB looked pretty good last night. Very accurate passer and a plus decision maker. Nice willingness to stand in there to make throws even though he’s not the biggest guy. This one should be nothing more than a warmup for the following week. 

Do you work with the QBs Dad? Isnt that your source of info? 

3 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Baytown Sterling 24

Baytown East 21

Put it in the books.

Brazoswood hung 77 on RSS and pulled their starters at halftime. They legit could have scored 90 points. BH scores at least 45pts in this one. It's a blowout by halftime. "Put it in the books"

4 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Baytown Sterling 24

Baytown East 21

Put it in the books.

One of Sterling's offensive linemen dad is in my fantasy football league. From what I understand Sterling should have the biggest offensive line in the district by a good margin. This particular kid is 6'1" 310lbs and he said he's the second smallest o-linemen besides the center. He said they had absolutely nothing on defense though? Will be interesting to see how well the Rangers can use that offensive line to shorten the game this week? 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

One of Sterling's offensive linemen dad is in my fantasy football league. From what I understand Sterling should have the biggest offensive line in the district by a good margin. This particular kid is 6'1" 310lbs and he said he's the second smallest o-linemen besides the center. He said they had absolutely nothing on defense though? Will be interesting to see how well the Rangers can use that offensive line to shorten the game this week? 

I've seen a big oline but perhaps Ross Sterling's line looks great until the ball's snapped.......

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

I've seen a big oline but perhaps Ross Sterling's line looks great until the ball's snapped.......

I actuality I think this game will be over by halftime. I’m just saying if Sterling has any hope of making it competitive it’s going to be with those big boys up front. Sterling has some decent personnel but just isn’t very well coached overall which seems odd considering their head coach is an LSU guy. 

Defense must do better no doubt. The Sterling Rangers’ defensive line got bullied real good against. Brazoswood and must do better against BH if they want a chance to win. However, the Rangers have good athletes at linebacker and corners that will hit. Sterling has two great linebacker coaches one that coaches inside and the other one does outside backers. That unit feeds off each other. Regardless of last week’s score, the LBs are the soul of that team and will need to show up big time as well as the rest of the team to have a chance against a very talented and well coached Eagle football team. 

11 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

Defense must do better no doubt. The Sterling Rangers’ defensive line got bullied real good against. Brazoswood and must do better against BH if they want a chance to win. However, the Rangers have good athletes at linebacker and corners that will hit. Sterling has two great linebacker coaches one that coaches inside and the other one does outside backers. That unit feeds off each other. Regardless of last week’s score, the LBs are the soul of that team and will need to show up big time as well as the rest of the team to have a chance against a very talented and well coached Eagle football team. 

So I see you think RSS will win? 

Man I keep watching some of the highlights for Sterling and have no idea why the preform like they do. Big line, fast QB , quick Back that  out ran Bwoods secondary for a 94 yard TD, receivers are quick.  RSS has all the tools to be competitive!  I feel like this isn’t going to be the blowout some expect. 

16 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Man I keep watching some of the highlights for Sterling and have no idea why the preform like they do. Big line, fast QB , quick Back that  out ran Bwoods secondary for a 94 yard TD, receivers are quick.  RSS has all the tools to be competitive!  I feel like this isn’t going to be the blowout some expect. 

That's the stuff I was eluding to, especially the offensive line. They have some legit personnel but that being said, if BH doesn't blow Sterling out it's probably going to have more to do with BH playing mediocre than Sterling playing over their skis.