Hampshire fannett at east chambers sept 2

lcm93

Thank you as well.  One oddity about the HF HS campus is that it sits on the far west side of the district.  It really is very close to the EC campus. You likely know this, but when the Hamshire Bulldogs and Fannett Falcons consolidated the Hamshire campus was superior at that time thus the HS is in that far west area.  There are parts of the EC district less than 3 miles from HF's HS. 

Academics at HF vs. EC is debatable. Based on demographics (EC student has considerably more low SES and at risk students) HF should outscore EC in any academic comparison and that simply is not the case. In terms of UIL academic competition both have performed very well for years (not a great academic comparison, but worth noting). It surprises many people that really examine the 2 communities when the see how vastly different they actually are in income and other demographics. 

Now, I understand the classification argument, but recent sucees and lack thereof may have played a role.  However, if you can play, the FCS, D2, and D3 schools will find you.  

Sadly, without naming names, I know 2 young man that found their way to EC that were enrolled at HF.   The 2 i know, did it young and it was definitely for athletics, but legal (no recruiting involved, just kids and parents wanting what at that time was a superior athletic program).  This is more an indictment of HF and past administration and a former coach losing respect from an vast majority of the ciaching staff and players in a first day speech than a praise of EC.  

Thanks for the conversation, Sep. 

Yeah the academics are pretty much even at HF and EC; I think it’s a silly argument I hear parents of these two communities debate.  If a parent wants their child to have better academic opportunities in a local public school the logical move in my opinion is Hardin Jefferson or BarbersHill.  

Now for Athletic reasons I will say this.  10-15 years ago I would have agreed moving a kid from HF to EC would have been a smart move but if anyone is doing it now I believe they are behind on times.  Just seems like there is finally a shift back to sustained improvement at HF program; only time will tell.

FWIW HF JV shut out EC JV 28-0 last night.  Doesn’t mean anything but provides a glimpse of what the HS younger/smaller guys are doing.