2004 3ADII Semifinal Jasper vs Liberty Hill

Most are aware of the great game that took place a week after this one.

This one ( Semi final) was equally, if not more thrilling than State Title Gane.

The DAWGS jumped out early to 21-0 lead but by the end of game found themselves having to make a goal line stand on last play of game to win it. LH couldn't have beat us but with a 2 pt conversion if they had got td would have tied it. The way the 4th quarter had been going, overtime most likely would not have been good for Jasper. Final score 35-27.

BTW,  LH won State the next two seasons.

5 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

My friend, where/when did you see that game? Had to have been like 1999-2001(the years Vince was Varsity qb for madison).

My mind plays tricks on me more and more as I get older, but I am gonna have to trust my guy instinct when I say Jasper has never played Madison.

Around the late 90s early 2000s the only Houston teams we played with any kind of regularity was Strake Jesuit & Houston Smiley.

5 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Seems like it was in the Houston area. Somewhere around 2000 era is probably right, I would have been about 57 Yr old then. 
I think it was a playoff game. 

Jasper hasn't played Houston Madison. At least not while Vince Young was there.

Jasper did have a couple of battles with FB Willowridge that had Thurman Thomas. I attended those games.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:39 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Can someone/anyone  help me please. 

where to find any video of this game.. Even if it is just highlights or a recap. I  have tried (without one bit of success) to find anything.

It will be VERY appreciated.

TIA(thanks in advance)

take care.

Can't help, but that game is engrained in my mind.  Three Jasper offensive plays; 21-0 Jasper lead!

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Jasper hasn't played Houston Madison. At least not while Vince Young was there.

Jasper did have a couple of battles with FB Willowridge that had Thurman Thomas. I attended those games.

Yeah. He got us really good in '82 when we had all of those shutouts. The '83 game was a slobberknocker though. 

I am not 100% sure, but I remember watching Madison play in the playoffs with vince young against northshore in 2001 in the dome.  Jasper played the game right before them, if my memory is correct.  

The Jasper game did not go too well.  Bay City put a whooping on us and we had what I thought was a very good team.  It was our last game in 4A.

The Madison vs Northshore game was one of the top 5 games I have ever witnessed.  It was electric.   We sat near Roger Staubach which was pretty neat.