LA Spending up to $837,000 to house a single homeless person

bullets13

This is the hidden content, please

This is beyond mindboggling me.  I can house a single homeless person fairly comfortably for a few hundred bucks.  All you need is a good tent, a decent sleeping bag, and a cheap cot and they're doing a lot better than they were before.  I would think what LA is spending to house a single homeless person could be spent to feed a whole community of homeless for an entire year.  Unless of course you're in california, where everyone has their hand in the pie.  

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This is the hidden content, please

This is beyond mindboggling me.  I can house a single homeless person fairly comfortably for a few hundred bucks.  All you need is a good tent, a decent sleeping bag, and a cheap cot and they're doing a lot better than they were before.  I would think what LA is spending to house a single homeless person could be spent to feed a whole community of homeless for an entire year.  Unless of course you're in california, where everyone has their hand in the pie.  

I could identify as homeless for $837,000! Good Ole Cali! Lol

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

In Klingon, “tuq” means unbelievable. Don’t ask me why I know that. 

You’re a veritable fountain of useless knowledge.  😜

PS; my daughter has said that about me since she was in HS.

google Los Angeles homeless pods.  they're paying $800K for something that should literally cost a few grand.  depending on what's inside them, I could possibly see the bill running up to around $15k-$20k (when you combine California's high prices with the high price of materials).  Everyone involved with building these for these prices (and everyone who's involved with paying it) should be arrested.  Never mind, just found a video of one.  Maybe an 8x6 box with an AC, a cot, and some shelving.  I go back to my "few grand" assessment.  

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Throwing in a free crack pipe.

The sad thing is, most homeless people could get themselves out of being homeless. Society has made it too appealing not to work  or even be responsible for their own survival. I haven’t noticed many “family” guys in the homeless crowd. Oh, I’m sure there are some, but the majority is lazy dope headed men. My sympathies run shallow. 

1 minute ago, baddog said:

The sad thing is, most homeless people could get themselves out of being homeless. Society has made it too appealing not to work  or even be responsible for their own survival. I haven’t noticed many “family” guys in the homeless crowd. Oh, I’m sure there are some, but the majority is lazy dope headed men. My sympathies run shallow. 

Seems that many of them are suffering mental illness at various levels.  Something can’t be quite right to live your life in that manner.

24 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Seems that many of them are suffering mental illness at various levels.  Something can’t be quite right to live your life in that manner.

Of course that’s a possibility, but I see them more as Chongs……from Cheech and Chong. Drug use can bring on various mental problems, and society does nothing more than encourage it….. then sits back and says “we have a homeless problem “ and can’t figure out why.