Tarkington Open

cat001

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I thought I made it clear, I was never referring to an individual (or school). See above. When someone says "its rampant, they all cheat", the context is clearly "in general". I still disagree with that contention. Sure there are some shady ones around, but I still believe there are honest men of integrity in the profession. I hope I am not wrong. Over & out. 

I took it as, they all cheat, referring to shady transfers.  As that was literally the direction of the conversation.  Neither here nor there..

Opinions likely won't change. 

Guest mrtomcat
1 minute ago, SherriffReesie said:

It was hinted at earlier in this thread if you can find it somewhere between Briles and Cheating.

I knew it was in the small print some where.  Alvin Credeur ?

Guest mrtomcat
11 minutes ago, SherriffReesie said:

Former HC in the area pretty close to Tarkington

the article i saw stated former head coach in the golden triangle - tarkington is 66 miles from bmt so i am not sure what was meant by that

Guest mrtomcat
31 minutes ago, SherriffReesie said:

Yeah. I don't think Liberty is in Beaumont lol

i heard it was the guy from westbrook - a coordinator ?

Guest mrtomcat
18 minutes ago, SherriffReesie said:

Well I guess we will see who heard right haha

so you are saying its former liberty coach taylor ?

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

More importantly, Tarkington is getting a coach that'll stay.  Taylor is past his resume chaser days.. it'll be good for them to have a consistent face at the helm if they let him.

Taylor is a good coach and a good dude, he will definitely get the most out of those kids if they will let him.

He will bring a level of toughness to Tarkington that has been missing for a while. It make take a while, but.......

1 minute ago, PlayActionPass said:

Taylor is a good coach and a good dude, he will definitely get the most out of those kids if they will let him.

He will bring a level of toughness to Tarkington that has been missing for a while. It make take a while, but.......

Definitely good coach and good guy.  I personally think it'll be a good fit. 

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Definitely good coach and good guy.  I personally think it'll be a good fit. 

i am still wondering who the coach is from the golden triangle they hired? per the face of football in texas, tarkington hired a former golden triangle head football coach ?  was liberty grafted into the GT and they didnt tell us ?

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

i am still wondering who the coach is from the golden triangle they hired? per the face of football in texas, tarkington hired a former golden triangle head football coach ?  was liberty grafted into the GT and they didnt tell us ?

I lump them into the Golden Triangle "general area" instead of saying SE Texas, I know its not technically correct but I basically use the two terms interchangably when talking to a statewide audience..

Basically Jefferson, Orange, Hardin, Liberty, Jasper and Newton counties for me are Golden Triangle/SETX

Polk and Tyler counties are close but too far north for me....Chambers county is another one that I have a hard time placing

Thanks for referring to me as the face of football in Texas, nice compliment, but probably massively over-stating my importance

Guest mrtomcat
5 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

He just left La Porte...you never know who will stay and who will go

i thought he was at liberty ? now i am really confused

Guest mrtomcat
54 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

I lump them into the Golden Triangle "general area" instead of saying SE Texas, I know its not technically correct but I basically use the two terms interchangably when talking to a statewide audience..

Basically Jefferson, Orange, Hardin, Liberty, Jasper and Newton counties for me are Golden Triangle/SETX

Polk and Tyler counties are close but too far north for me....Chambers county is another one that I have a hard time placing

Thanks for referring to me as the face of football in Texas, nice compliment, but probably massively over-stating my importance

it makes sense i was just always raised that GT was specific to greater beaumont

and based on tv coverage, they (liberty) are not in our viewing network from what i gather they are houston area

15 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

i thought he was at liberty ? now i am really confused

He was reassigned in Nov shortly after the conclusion of the season...he hooked up with Berneathy (who he coached with at LaPorte back in the day) to be his DC once Berneathy was hired at LaPorte at the end of Feb....he didnt openly apply for Tarkington they contacted him first and he pursued the opportunity obviously with Berneathy's support

Guest mrtomcat
2 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

He was reassigned in Nov shortly after the conclusion of the season...he hooked up with Berneathy (who he coached with at LaPorte back in the day) to be his DC once Berneathy was hired at LaPorte at the end of Feb....he didnt openly apply for Tarkington they contacted him first and he pursued the opportunity obviously with Berneathy's support

thank you for clearing that up for me