thoughts on LCM's season?

Guest princess

painful for fans to hear but true.  some of the coaches touted this year as "the year"...gonna make the playoffs, build them up like the were district champs from day one.  they had an unbelievable game against wos, but frankly that team didn't show up at a ballgame the rest of the year.  by midway, the were so beat down it was impossible for them to get back on track.  at some point, some coach somewhere should have said hey guys, this isn't turning into the season that we thought it would be.  let's play one ball game at a time & let's go out there & have a little fun.

next year looks to be not much better. all skilled positions are graduating, & the jv only scored 1 touchdown the entire season.  in fact the only winning team in lcm football was the freshman b team.  go figure.  hope something shakes loose for those guys between now & next august.

I have a question? Do yall think it is the coaches not getting the kids ready to play or what? I know in each area it takes a certain kind of person to make the kids believe, A special motivator.

Yall keep this on the down low but I have BIG interest in how LCM's foottball program shapes up. I currently reside in the LCM school district and more than likely my little boy may some day become a Bear. Wow that is gonna be hard for me!!  ;D

Guest bcofgsa

Overall they just were to soft. Same story as last year and before. They don't hit in practice and they carry that into the game. The coaches have wasted lots of talent. Until they get someone in there that is not afraid to get in someones face and push the talent to the next level,they will always be soft. I would rather 22 PLAYERS on the sidelines than 35 people on the sidelines.

painful for fans to hear but true.  some of the coaches touted this year as "the year"...gonna make the playoffs, build them up like the were district champs from day one.  they had an unbelievable game against wos, but frankly that team didn't show up at a ballgame the rest of the year.  by midway, the were so beat down it was impossible for them to get back on track.  at some point, some coach somewhere should have said hey guys, this isn't turning into the season that we thought it would be.  let's play one ball game at a time & let's go out there & have a little fun.

next year looks to be not much better. all skilled positions are graduating, & the jv only scored 1 touchdown the entire season.  in fact the only winning team in lcm football was the freshman b team.  go figure.  hope something shakes loose for those guys between now & next august.

I'm not sure of how things went with LC-M this year, but I knwo when they schrimmaged BC at the beginning of the year they were on fire.. I'd like to BC and LC-M next year in a regular season game

Everyone will look at the skill positions that are graduating and say we don't have a chance, but that would be a mistake.  The entire offensive line is back and also the defensive line.  I just feel like that will be a better starting place than people think.  To the seniors.  You represented our school well.  Everyone is proud of the effort you guys put forth.  I haven't seen any negative comments on hear about the players at all.  Except for the people who said we quit trying and they are dumb **** just ignore them.

the sad thing is that lcm football has had a new set of coaches, 3 years in a row.  i know how it works when a new ad comes in...usually brings in fresh blood, that's to be expected...but to turn over like they are every year since he has been here?  & we aren't just talking knuckleheads leaving, some quality men have left that program.  now the coach's with the most football expierence are running about 7 years i think on the varsity level?

I have to agree with pigskinmom. One of the biggest concerns is the coaches that continue to leave the LC-M football program. We need stablility in the football staff. I am also concerned about the appearance (from the stands) of a lack of discipline on the sidelines this season. It definitely got worse as the year progressed. Hopefully Coach Moody is learning valuable lessons and will get things back on track. The 2006 season raised expectations and 2007 brought everything tumbling back down. I don't even count 2005, because it was Coach Moody's first season and Hurricane Rita threw a major kink in that year. Bear fans need to demand excellence from this program and ultimately the head coach is responsible. LC-M fans need to let every school board member, every coach and especially the superintendent, know that we are all tired of status quo. It is time to move this program forward and compete with the schools in this district. It is an extremely tough district, but everyday life is tough. Excuses are for losers. Winning is what life is about and football is an excellent teacher for young men. Hopefully Coach Moody is the answer and this year was just a huge bump in the road. I will continue to support this program, no matter what, but losing is hard to take year after year. Let me hear from you Bear fans. Comments from fans of other schools are appreciated also.

I posted this on the Jr.High sports section and thought it would fit here.

The problem with Jr.High sports isnot kids being split up, it's about the number of coaches on the sidelines. Did you notice this year when your team played a Nederland or PNG school at their home field that they had at least 6 coaches on the sidelines? They are high school coaches going the extra mile to help the program. At LC, at halftime, at home, we had one coach filling water jugs and the other coach wrapping a foot.(good guys, just not enough of them) PNG and NED have a coach for each position going over their assingments. That's called a program! After the varsity or sub varsity is done at practice, the coaches show up at the jr.high games. For an AD that's called job security! 

I posted this on the Jr.High sports section and thought it would fit here.

The problem with Jr.High sports isnot kids being split up, it's about the number of coaches on the sidelines. Did you notice this year when your team played a Nederland or PNG school at their home field that they had at least 6 coaches on the sidelines? They are high school coaches going the extra mile to help the program. At LC, at halftime, at home, we had one coach filling water jugs and the other coach wrapping a foot.(good guys, just not enough of them) PNG and NED have a coach for each position going over their assingments. That's called a program! After the varsity or sub varsity is done at practice, the coaches show up at the jr.high games. For an AD that's called job security! 

You are so right, and I thought that was going to happen but it has'nt. ???

You are so right, and I thought that was going to happen but it has'nt. ???

Is this an AD's fault or the districts for not allotting enough coaching slots.  I saw the LCM's football program earlier in the year and they only have 5 varsity coaches.  To me this has to change.  Most schools have 10-13 varsity coaches.  How can they compete doing this???

They aren't competing. A wise man told me to surround yourself with talented people (coaches) and they will make you look good. At LCM, I don't believe it's the lack of talent in the players.

Well said---LCM supporters need to be very vocal BEFORE budget time and demand more slots and get more coaches

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine