State Tournament

Topdawg25

I think the Drum was vastly superior to the Alamodome.... once you got inside.  But getting inside was tricky.  The best parking is in San Marcus.  And like the man said, Austin is effectively closed on that weekend.  At least it's closed to things that really matter like the UIL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT!!!!

San Antonio is fun to visit and Alamodome access and parking are okay.  You do have that long walk under the tracks with the stinky bats.  The thing is that the Alamodome as a basketball venue is terrible.  The tournament needs to be played in an arena built for basketball and not on a football field.

How about the Ferrell Center in Waco?  if you can stand that much green it would be great.  Tournament tickets would be no problem.  It seats 10,000 for basketball.  Tons of parking with no bats or trains.  Waco is fun to visit too.  Chip and Joanna might show up.  There is a problem with accommodations.  Just like in San Antonio, most of the rooms in Waco and San Antonio are gobbled up by people going to that ridiculous thing in Austin.

Back in Austin they've replaced the Drum and now we have the new Moody Center.....  they built it on top of the only good parking for the Drum.  I guess they'll tear down the Drum next to make parking space for the Moody.  But the best parking will still be in San Marcus.  Or you could park in Waco at the Ferrell center parking lot.

The Alamo Dome doesn’t have the atmosphere that the Drum had but I can leave my hotel room and pull up at the door at the Dome in 5-10 minutes. Traffic is so bad in Austin you can’t drive and eat and get back in time for the next session…Side note our tickets are row two mid could this year 

5 minutes ago, Wise_one said:

Why not move it to college station? Plenty to do and a great basketball arena. Not saying it’s better than San Antonio because I enjoy it in San Antonio but I was kinda curious when it moved from Austin why not College Station?

As much as I love me some College Station, SA has much more to offer to the fan than Aggieland.

Besides, I have my routine down pat in SA and my hotel is right beside the Dome. Never have to get in my truck once I get to hotel on Wednesday. Everything I want or need to do is in walking distance.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

As much as I love me some College Station, SA has much more to offer to the fan than Aggieland.

Besides, I have my routine down pat in SA and my hotel is right beside the Dome. Never have to get in my truck once I get to hotel on Wednesday. Everything I want or need to do is in walking distance.

That's definitely the best thing about S.A. Everything is walking distance if you stay in the right place...Alamodome, Food, entertainment etc...

BTW we know you love your 12th man, but God forbid it ever goes to College Station, Might as well put it in Beaumont. Lol

10 hours ago, no-look said:

The Alamo Dome doesn’t have the atmosphere that the Drum had but I can leave my hotel room and pull up at the door at the Dome in 5-10 minutes. Traffic is so bad in Austin you can’t drive and eat and get back in time for the next session…Side note our tickets are row two mid could this year 

Yea I actually liked Austin and once the moody center is built It imo would be the best place to host, but the cities infrastructure makes commute a nightmare, and San Antonio is also a nice place to visit. The Venue isn't ideal but the area its in and parking makes up for it