22-3A standings

33 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Solid coach who has always done a good job.  He’s the third best coach in that district imo but that’s only because that district is probably the most top heavy in the area from a coaching standpoint.  And one of those coaches has a lot better record against Joubert than he should from a talent standpoint.  

I’d have him #2 but that’s just my opinion 

7 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I’d have him #2 but that’s just my opinion 

That’s fair and most would have him 2.  But I base mine off head to head and I will just say Whitmire has won some games against them Buna had no business winning.  Kountze on talent should have been well into double figure favorites.  But no doubt he’s a very good coach.  Somewhere toward the bottom of top 10 coaches in this area.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

That’s fair and most would have him 2.  But I base mine off head to head and I will just say Whitmire has won some games against them Buna had no business winning.  Kountze on talent should have been well into double figure favorites.  But no doubt he’s a very good coach.  Somewhere toward the bottom of top 10 coaches in this area.  

Bryan is definitely a heckuva coach. He’s had some pretty good players also over the last few years. 

2 hours ago, P Harbor said:

What happened to newton and warren ? Newton usually has better record! Warren well I guess changes will take time to fix their issues!

Newton is a football town that plays basketball in the off season. That’s a good thing for the rest of the district because them and Woodville always have a lot of athletes. 

Warren just doesn’t look like the kids stay in the gym anymore. I saw them earlier in the season and it was clear they didn’t play much in the off season. They had some size and it looked like a little potential. 

Guest mrtomcat
3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Solid coach who has always done a good job.  He’s the third best coach in that district imo but that’s only because that district is probably the most top heavy in the area from a coaching standpoint.  And one of those coaches has a lot better record against Joubert than he should from a talent standpoint.  

I can only assume you are referencing Buna ?

Guest mrtomcat
3 hours ago, P Harbor said:

What happened to newton and warren ? Newton usually has better record! Warren well I guess changes will take time to fix their issues!

Nothing we have been warren for a very long time...which is tough but its going to have to be a culture change my friend

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

Bryan is definitely a heckuva coach. He’s had some pretty good players also over the last few years. 

Not talking the last few years.  Talking about those deep run Kountze teams with Arnold, Harper and Stanford teams.  He played them .500 or better over that 5 year stretch and the talent wasn’t particularly close.  I agree he’s had more talent over the past few years.  Has Kountze even beaten them over that time frame?  Certainly not .500.  Again, Joub is no doubt a good coach.  Whitmire is just better imo.  But again, it’s close.  I would probably have the 8-9 or 9-10 in a list of best coaches in th e area.  

38 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Nothing we have been warren for a very long time...which is tough but its going to have to be a culture change my friend

It takes time in the gym starting at a young age . The kids and the parents have to buy in. I can’t believe there’s not as much talent in Warren as there is in the other clubs in this district they just haven’t put the work in 

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Third best? I know who you most likely have at #1 but who else is over Joub?

Just now, aTmfan06 said:

Third best? I know who you most likely have at #1 but who else is over Joub?

Whitmire.   Head to head, he’s outperformed him.  From the 2014-2015 to the 2016-2107 season (TJ’s sophomore year, Harper’s senior year…two of those included Grayland), Buna was either 4-4 or 5-3 against Kountze (2 of those years included a rubber match).  Buna shouldn’t have won more than 1 of those games, Kountze was way more talented.  I’m not counting the last few years where everyone owned Kountze.  

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

The jv did really well last year and had two guards that looked promising along with the bigs they have, but going into this year one moved to woodville n the other to lcm. Both sophomores this year. The one that moved to lcm has moved back but has to wait til next year to play.

14 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

Does the buna coach have a state championship under his belt? 

2 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Does he have a regional tournament appearance?

Lol the same dumb argument people make against Brian English.  

Would Joub have a state championship at Chester?  At Vidor? All I am saying is one has beaten the other as often as not, much of the time with inferior talent.  He’s never had a team that Joub, Sigler, Boutte, Green, or any other coach in this area would have won state with. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Whitmire.   Head to head, he’s outperformed him.  From the 2014-2015 to the 2016-2107 season (TJ’s sophomore year, Harper’s senior year…two of those included Grayland), Buna was either 4-4 or 5-3 against Kountze (2 of those years included a rubber match).  Buna shouldn’t have won more than 1 of those games, Kountze was way more talented.  I’m not counting the last few years where everyone owned Kountze.  

I think Buna had two brothers then named Conwell or something like that and a really good big kid that went to play football in college. They had some talent also. 

21 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I think Buna had two brothers then named Conwell or something like that and a really good big kid that went to play football in college. They had some talent also. 

One Connell, the oldest, was on that team with the Edwards.  And he was the reverse of a reclass kid…he was a full year ahead in school.  They were a nice team.  But Kountze had the three best players on the floor.  

The middle Connell brother would have been a freshman when Arnold or Stanford was a senior.