Houston Yates

Topdawg25

I saw Yates vs Stafford @ the day before thanksgiving showcase.  Yates didn't look too good.  That's a very young team.  There are some guys from the Houston area that have a Facebook basketball page.  When the season started they said Furr and BT Washington would finish district ahead of Yates. I haven't seen BT Washington but I think they are a sleeper team. (so is Furr)  They got some height.  Their coach is from Mississippi and they are playing in tournaments over there.   So TABC etc are not watching them at all.  They could be a problem.  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Washington is legit. They will have a say in Region III

Yates just doesn't have the inside game and their guard play is down from years past. Losing to Furr is a bit of a surprise. I expect Washington to sweep Yates in district.

Agreed.   Washington also has the best player in the district in Kenneth Lewis, 6-7 wing who can shoot, get the cup, etc.  Not sure they will respond to Silsbee’s style of play.  Yates’ games will be somewhat of an indicator but I think Silsbee is clearly better than Yates this year.  All in all, I like Silsbee in the region and probably have HJ as my dark horse (if they can be considered a dark horse).  

3 minutes ago, ThaGod409 said:

Heard hicks on the podcast talking about BT Washington ! Said they were his favorites to make it out that region! Cause he don’t think silsbee can match their bigs 

Silsbee won’t have anyone who matches up with Lewis for sure due to his combination of size and skill set.  By the same token, I think Washington may struggle with Silsbee’s guards.  Jimmy may be right but there is definitely competing school of thought here.