Beaumont United 60 Houston Bellaire 45/FINAL

3 hours ago, ThaGod409 said:

They got Mike T , coach 4, & boutee man oh man 🤦🏾‍♂️

Plus a new hire Keena Young that played at Ozen on their Undefeated State Championship team with Perkins.

I hope they give the people what they want. A good injury free up tempo game with a busy dunk meter and a splash

of hot 3 point shooting. No boring stall ball game. 

2 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Plus a new hire Keena Young that played at Ozen on their Undefeated State Championship team with Perkins.

I hope they give the people what they want. A good injury free up tempo game with a busy dunk meter and a splash

of hot 3 point shooting. No boring stall ball game. 

Tons of SMRJ’s would be nice too!

As I mentioned somewhere else, I got to see BU in person.  I was impressed no doubt.  Wesley Yates III is as big as a TE or running back in football, and has a buttery smooth jump shot. I personally have never seen anyone in SE Texas shoot like that. I was standing at the door watching the game. Next to me was a quiet Bellaire police officer.  Yates hit another 3 and the police officer said 'man that guy is good!"  Arceneaux is great.  The whole team is very good.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Beaumont United 60 Houston Bellaire 45/FINAL
13 hours ago, Kountzer said:

As I mentioned somewhere else, I got to see BU in person.  I was impressed no doubt.  Wesley Yates III is as big as a TE or running back in football, and has a buttery smooth jump shot. I personally have never seen anyone in SE Texas shoot like that. I was standing at the door watching the game. Next to me was a quiet Bellaire police officer.  Yates hit another 3 and the police officer said 'man that guy is good!"  Arceneaux is great.  The whole team is very good.

Crazy part is Yates would of been a hell of a player on the gridiron… but nba is his dream.

I'm waiting to she how the Summer Creek - Houston Bellaire game turns out today.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

16 hours ago, Kountzer said:

You never did see Braylon Bush play then huh..?

53 minutes ago, Who That said:

I'm waiting to she how the Summer Creek - Houston Bellaire game turns out today.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You never did see Braylon Bush play then huh..?

I saw Braylon Bush play several times.  If I count the times I saw him on stream even more than that.  Brae was and is a streak shooter.  When he is on he is on.  He can hit shots from anywhere inside the half court line.  And then when the defense goes out to stop him he drives in for buckets.  Conversely when he was off he clanked his fair share of misses.  I was at the last game of the big three: Brae, Devon and Jay, against Yates.  Braylon was off.  Jay was too. and they lost.  

Wesley Yates III has a smoother, more conventional and more consistent jump shot form.  No knock on Brae.  It just is what it is.

29 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I saw Braylon Bush play several times.  If I count the times I saw him on stream even more than that.  Brae was and is a streak shooter.  When he is on he is on.  He can hit shots from anywhere inside the half court line.  And then when the defense goes out to stop him he drives in for buckets.  Conversely when he was off he clanked his fair share of misses.  I was at the last game of the big three: Brae, Devon and Jay, against Yates.  Braylon was off.  Jay was too. and they lost.  

Wesley Yates III has a smoother, more conventional and more consistent jump shot form.  No knock on Brae.  It just is what it is.

Yeah it is what it is…

back-to-back state champion. SHS All-time scoring leader with over 3,000 career points. Averaged 33.2 points per game with 131 three-pointers made in a season, both state records. Also set records with 12 threes made in a game. Record at the free throw line after hitting 20 for 20. A four-time district champion and two-time state champion. Three-time all-state honors; three-time all-region; two-time regional all-tournament; three-time Super Gold first team. 2020 District Player of the Year and 1st team All-District. 2019 First Team All-District; 2018 District Offensive MVP and District Newcomer of the Year. Starting point guard for the Houston Hoops AAU team, playing against some of the best players in the region. 

So all you can mention about him is the one Yates game he lost? Never mind mentioning that he obliterated Yates the years prior.

got the stats to show on the other kid?

34 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

Yeah it is what it is…

back-to-back state champion. SHS All-time scoring leader with over 3,000 career points. Averaged 33.2 points per game with 131 three-pointers made in a season, both state records. Also set records with 12 threes made in a game. Record at the free throw line after hitting 20 for 20. A four-time district champion and two-time state champion. Three-time all-state honors; three-time all-region; two-time regional all-tournament; three-time Super Gold first team. 2020 District Player of the Year and 1st team All-District. 2019 First Team All-District; 2018 District Offensive MVP and District Newcomer of the Year. Starting point guard for the Houston Hoops AAU team, playing against some of the best players in the region. 

So all you can mention about him is the one Yates game he lost? Never mind mentioning that he obliterated Yates the years prior.

got the stats to show on the other kid?

Like I said when he is or was on he was on.  When he helped send Yates home, he was definitely on.   There are a lot of basketball greats who are inconsistent shooters.  Jerry West comes to mind.  That kid the Rockets just drafted Jalen Green.  One game he hits 8 threes.  The next game he is 2 for 9.