crosby vs Marshall!

lcm93

3 hours ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Just watched it... give me the Coogs starters by Fawty! Jv players by 25!

Man, it's taking everything in me not to agree with you and just come out and say this should be a 63-21 mauling. I mean, Marshall has put absolutely nothing on film this year to worry about. Their defense is decent but if their offense is going to give us extra possessions because they can't move the ball consistently then how long can that defense hold up against our offense, assuming we play like we're capable of? They're smaller and slower than the Texas High team we destroyed last year so unless we come out and lay an egg I think we should comfortably make it to Thanksgiving weekend. 

21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, it's taking everything in me not to agree with you and just come out and say this should be a 63-21 mauling. I mean, Marshall has put absolutely nothing on film this year to worry about. Their defense is decent but if their offense is going to give us extra possessions because they can't move the ball consistently then how long can that defense hold up against our offense, assuming we play like we're capable of? They're smaller and slower than the Texas High team we destroyed last year so unless we come out and lay an egg I think we should comfortably make it to Thanksgiving weekend. 

Are you going to be there for the Friday game?

25 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Are you going to be there for the Friday game?

Nah, I think I’m going to Cypress to do some scouting. Plus, I’m the one in the family my uncles  call when they have “car trouble” because they know I’m going to the game. Their cars always seem to work when the game is less than an hour away though🤔

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah, I think I’m going to Cypress to do some scouting. Plus, I’m the one in the family my uncles  all when they have “car trouble” because they know I’m going to the game. Their cars always seem to work when the game is less than an hour away though🤔

After watching the marshall/rudder game I feel like if Santa Fe and Madison played that's what it would look like. How are they in the playoffs? Lol

20 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

After watching the marshall/rudder game I feel like if Santa Fe and Madison played that's what it would look like. How are they in the playoffs? Lol

The larger East Texas schools have gone the route a bunch of the Golden Triangle teams have in the sense that they just don’t have the talent they did 15-20 years ago due to population shifts. One of our players’ mom is from Dangerfield. After the game she came up to me and said, “Dang, we might have to play Marshall now. They were always tough when I was in school.” I told her, “You’re 40 now, we’re good”. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah, I think I’m going to Cypress to do some scouting. Plus, I’m the one in the family my uncles  call when they have “car trouble” because they know I’m going to the game. Their cars always seem to work when the game is less than an hour away though🤔

Just for future reference, how much is that shuttle ride in case I have “car trouble” ?

On 11/15/2021 at 5:03 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

The larger East Texas schools have gone the route a bunch of the Golden Triangle teams have in the sense that they just don’t have the talent they did 15-20 years ago due to population shifts. One of our players’ mom is from Dangerfield. After the game she came up to me and said, “Dang, we might have to play Marshall now. They were always tough when I was in school.” I told her, “You’re 40 now, we’re good”. 

Last seasons Marshall squad was the least talented group we've had since 2012. Broke our nearly 30 game district winning streak and ended up 5th and missing playoffs for first time in forever..

We have a young head coach that's just now in his 3rd season of being a HC/AD. He's doing some good things and brought back our old OL coach this year. As bad as they've played this year at times, it's much improved. We are usually known for having several D1 recruits each year. 2018s squad was top 5 in state and had D1s all over the field on offense. 

After last seasons nightmare, we were picked by many to miss playoffs again. So we have already exceeded expectations. This team isn't near as talented as our 2018 squad but they have more fight in them.  We are a Jr heavy team, so I think we've set ourselves up nicely to return to form soon. 

Area round of playoffs wasn't really expected by most, so anything else we accomplish is just a cherry on top. As long as we see the same fight for 4 quarters, most will be satisfied.

If your JV is 25 points better than our starters, why not start them and rest your starters for the Super Bowl in February?

1 hour ago, Mav01 said:

If your JV is 25 points better than our starters, why not start them and rest your starters for the Super Bowl in February?

Who said that? No one? Need to make something up for the bulletin board? 

We just don't think that Marshall is that good this year. You don't seem to think they are either. 

On 11/15/2021 at 12:06 PM, #COUGAR08 said:

Just watched it... give me the Coogs starters by Fawty! Jv players by 25!

I didn't say we aren't good. I was emplying that we aren't as talented this year as we are known for. And replying about the no talent in 15-20 years comment. 2018 was loaded. We have sophomore starting Wrs for both TCU and USC. A starting OG for LSU.

1 hour ago, Mav01 said:

Last seasons Marshall squad was the least talented group we've had since 2012. Broke our nearly 30 game district winning streak and ended up 5th and missing playoffs for first time in forever..

We have a young head coach that's just now in his 3rd season of being a HC/AD. He's doing some good things and brought back our old OL coach this year. As bad as they've played this year at times, it's much improved. We are usually known for having several D1 recruits each year. 2018s squad was top 5 in state and had D1s all over the field on offense. 

After last seasons nightmare, we were picked by many to miss playoffs again. So we have already exceeded expectations. This team isn't near as talented as our 2018 squad but they have more fight in them.  We are a Jr heavy team, so I think we've set ourselves up nicely to return to form soon. 

Area round of playoffs wasn't really expected by most, so anything else we accomplish is just a cherry on top. As long as we see the same fight for 4 quarters, most will be satisfied.

Jokes on you tough guy, starters are the hype team this game

9 hours ago, Mav01 said:

That’s crazy y’all won that many consecutive district games but only won three playoff games in that same span. Bodes well for us. Y’all weren’t top 5 in 2018 either, y’all lost in the third round to a team that didn’t even win the region. 

We can’t rest starters because a bunch of them only played a quarter and a half last week, they need to be sharp when we face a good team like Barbers Hill or Consol. Resting starters too much can come back to bite you like it did FB Marshall last week. 

Nobody said “no talent”, I said the lager Golden Triangle and East Texas schools have less talent than they did 15-20 years ago because of population shifts. Glad y’all had a great season but y’all will probably be shooting free throws next week. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That’s crazy y’all won that many consecutive district games but only won three playoff games in that same span. Bodes well for us. Y’all weren’t top 5 in 2018 either, y’all lost in the third round to a team that didn’t even win the region. 

We can’t rest starters because a bunch of them only played a quarter and a half last week, they need to be sharp when we face a good team like Barbers Hill or Consol. Resting starters too much can come back to bite you like it did FB Marshall last week. 

Nobody said “no talent”, I said the lager Golden Triangle and East Texas schools have less talent than they did 15-20 years ago because of population shifts. Glad y’all had a great season but y’all will probably be shooting free throws next week. 

FbM was the 2nd best team in state. They knocked off Huntsville, which beat us on a missed 2 point conversation attempt( PI no call). We were going back and forth with Huntsville for 4th and 5th in the state rankings that year. 

I actually cheered for Crosby to knock off Aledo last year. One title appearance has gone to yalls head. 

37 minutes ago, Mav01 said:

FbM was the 2nd best team in state. They knocked off Huntsville, which beat us on a missed 2 point conversation attempt( PI no call). We were going back and forth with Huntsville for 4th and 5th in the state rankings that year. 

I actually cheered for Crosby to knock off Aledo last year. One title appearance has gone to yalls head. 

Just interesting y’all are going back and forth for 4th and 5th after starting 1-2 with one of those being a 46 point blowout? I’ll take your word for it though. We’ve been ranked in the top 5 a few times since ‘14 too, just makes for a target. 

Thanks for cheering for us but I’m sure half the state was cheering for the underdog to stop Aledo from winning their 10th title. Crosby fans were like this when we weren’t even good so nothing has gone to our heads, we just don’t thing Marshall is very good considering what we’ve lined up against on our schedule.