crosby vs Marshall!

lcm93

Crosby will be a heavy favorite in this one and rightly so. Marshall's strength is their defense but Crosby will be the best offense we have played this season. There isnt anything flashy about the Mavs offense. We rely heavily on the running of #4 JQ Davis although wr's #3 ChiChi Roberson and #88 Jacory Smith have play making ability. This definitely isnt the most talented team weve ever had but they play hard and you will know youve been in a dogfight.

42 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Crosby will be a heavy favorite in this one and rightly so. Marshall's strength is their defense but Crosby will be the best offense we have played this season. There isnt anything flashy about the Mavs offense. We rely heavily on the running of #4 JQ Davis although wr's #3 ChiChi Roberson and #88 Jacory Smith have play making ability. This definitely isnt the most talented team weve ever had but they play hard and you will know youve been in a dogfight.

Watched a little of that game. Huge size advantage for Rudder but Marshall kids didn’t seem intimidated.

After watching some tape, I’m not impressed. 

we should consistently get pressure with 5.

they rely on being faster to the outside, I’m not sure anyone is going to be fast enough to run the ball outside on Crosby mot named Lovejoy/Ennis/Aledo. 

This looks like the Cougars are the better team and to be 100% honest the Mavericks should not be here. They are only here because their opponents literally batted the ball to them to score late. 

a sure fire pick turned into a TD, and a fumbled hand off are the reason they survived last week. 

doesn’t bode well against a team like Crosby who hasn’t shown those sort of obvious mistakes yet. 

15 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

After watching some tape, I’m not impressed. 

we should consistently get pressure with 5.

they rely on being faster to the outside, I’m not sure anyone is going to be fast enough to run the ball outside on Crosby mot named Lovejoy/Ennis/Aledo. 

This looks like the Cougars are the better team and to be 100% honest the Mavericks should not be here. They are only here because their opponents literally batted the ball to them to score late. 

a sure fire pick turned into a TD, and a fumbled hand off are the reason they survived last week. 

doesn’t bode well against a team like Crosby who hasn’t shown those sort of obvious mistakes yet. 

That's ironic, sounds eerily similar to what Aledo was saying before last year's championship debacle.

10 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

That's ironic, sounds eerily similar to what Aledo was saying before last year's championship debacle.

Key word there is “championship”. Even though your things they would PM me about calling you I do agree whole heartedly that LH would’ve played Aledo closer than we did with that style of offense. Crosby played exactly like Aledo hoped they would.  

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Key word there is “championship”. Even though your things they would PM me about calling you I do agree whole heartedly that LH would’ve played Aledo closer than we did with that style of offense. Crosby played exactly like Aledo hoped they would.  

Yeah, got a relative who plays for Marshall and they are a proud bunch they believe they deserve this shot although it will probably end this week at the hands of the mighty Cougars. Just get ready when it comes to "the Cougars shouldn't be here, the only reason they're here......

I’ve been watching film of this Marshall offense and I tell you what, I’m not sure it’s better than Houston Madison’s? Their defense is probably close to Texas City level though. Marshall is the area round reward you get for winning district in split division. Hopefully Crosby comes out and handles business accordingly.