Crosby 72 Houston Madison 36/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

No surprise here except the 36 points allowed.Congrats Coogs on to round 2

Half the twos were in on the TD they scored in the first half. All those points they scored in the second half were against twos, threes and fours, which I didn't even know we had. I believe every senior on the team got some clock in their last game in The Jungle. I would imagine 50 kids saw the field last night. FB Marshall had Madison by 42 at the half last week and Crosby had them by 45 at the half last night. At that point the game was over and we were trying to get out healthy, Eudy had already replaced Myles in the second quarter. 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

Half the twos were in on the TD they scored in the first half. All those points they scored in the second half were against twos, threes and fours, which I didn't even know we had. I believe every senior on the team got some clock in their last game in The Jungle. I would imagine 50 kids saw the field last night. FB Marshall had Madison by 42 at the half last week and Crosby had them by 45 at the half last night. At that point the game was over and we were trying to get out healthy, Eudy had already replaced Myles in the second quarter. 

Congrats to the Cougars.  No doubt some JV players got some playing time.  How exciting that must be for those young men.  Keep rolling Cougs.  One game at a time.

9 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

Remember #57 Anson Johnson,I think he is a Frosh.Huge kid and was making tackles all over the place.He can move for a HUGE kid.

Yep, he's one of the two freshmen road graders I was talking about them moving up. Looks like the staff is going to have AJ clogging up the middle for the next three years though. Very rarely do you see a 330+ pound kid with that kind of agility, especially at 14. Kid just looks the part.

#66 Herd was the other freshman road grader, I don't think the boy's jersey goes below his chest? He has to be every bit of 350lbs and is still athletic enough to pull from his right guard position. Kid looks like a solar eclipse coming down the line of scrimmage. 

The freshman linebacker #42 Windfont was all over the field last night. He's already 6-2/210lbs so I fully expect him to be wreaking havoc in backfields the next three years. His closing speed is ridiculous. All four of the freshmen looked awesome last night. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yep, he's one of the two freshmen road graders I was talking about them moving up. Looks like the staff is going to have AJ clogging up the middle for the next three years though. Very rarely do you see a 330+ pound kid with that kind of agility, especially at 14. Kid just looks the part.

#66 Herd was the other freshman road grader, I don't think the boy's jersey goes below his chest? He has to be every bit of 350lbs and is still athletic enough to pull from his right guard position. Kid looks like a solar eclipse coming down the line of scrimmage. 

The freshman linebacker #42 Windfont was all over the field last night. He's already 6-2/210lbs so I fully expect him to be wreaking havoc in backfields the next three years. His closing speed is ridiculous. All four of the freshmen looked awesome last night. 

Didn't know Cope was that fast. He got some wheels for a kid his size. Herd and AJ are going to be a nightmare for DL or OL depending on where they end up. Would like to see Herd get in lil bit better shape but he does move well for kids thay size. Word on the street is he can squat 600lbs right now. 😳 Them kids will be awesome IF they keep working hard. 

When I seen kids going into the game with no helmet decals in 2Q, I knew it was a wrap. LOL

That team was horrible, but I will say this. If you didn't watch them play and you were just looking at them, they were very athletic looking guys, and some of their skilled positions dudes are pretty good. I'm assuming it's zero coaching in HISD

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

AJ actually forced the QB wide to the sidelines and tackled him from behind.That was unreal for a kid that size.I left starting of the 4th qt so I didn't see #66 play.I have always been impressed with # 42 Windfont ever since he lay out the Anglelton QB in their scrimmage.I could hear the hit from where I was sitting ( opposite end of Stadium ).I noticed the coaches played him at inside and outside.And Yarbrough will give Crosby a one Two punch with Levi,so we don't need any RB mailboxes for a while.Things look bright in Cougar Country.

18 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

When I seen kids going into the game with no helmet decals in 2Q, I knew it was a wrap. LOL

That team was horrible, but I will say this. If you didn't watch them play and you were just looking at them, they were very athletic looking guys, and some of their skilled positions dudes are pretty good. I'm assuming it's zero coaching in HISD

Man those kids were fast! #6, #1 and #4 could go. #11 looked like Terrell Owens but probably only got two targets. Their skill players were legit but where most of those inner-city ISD schools struggle is at the line of scrimmage. When our freshmen linemen can come in and start moving furniture that kind of says all you need to know. It’s partly coaching but with the lower participation rates at those schools coaches only have so many big guys to choose from.