Beaumont United 17 Port Neches-Groves 21/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

46 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Maybe you have a different answer to the question I asked you a couple years ago about why the basketball team was ready but the football teams wasn’t? When y’all aren’t plays us I root for programs like y’all, PAM, North Shore , etc., because demographically good sports programs in general benefits your kids more than a place like BH, PNG or even Crosby. 

A very good argument can be made for BU having the most talent in the district this year and right now you can’t convince me y’all can finish any better than 4th place. 

What was the answer I gave back then?

48 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Maybe you have a different answer to the question I asked you a couple years ago about why the basketball team was ready but the football teams wasn’t? When y’all aren’t plays us I root for programs like y’all, PAM, North Shore , etc., because demographically good sports programs in general benefits your kids more than a place like BH, PNG or even Crosby. 

A very good argument can be made for BU having the most talent in the district this year and right now you can’t convince me y’all can finish any better than 4th place. 

I was speaking from an angry place the other day, but if our QB is good to go for district, then we’ll finish second, IMO…

50 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What was the answer I gave back then?

That the football staff just needed time to get it worked out. It was a legit answer then and maybe you feel it still is now, just asking your opinion? Y’all have regional final type talent but you’re finishing in 4th place behind Baytown schools.

17 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That the football staff just needed time to get it worked out. It was a legit answer then and maybe you feel it still is now, just asking your opinion? Y’all have regional final type talent but you’re finishing in 4th place behind Baytown schools.

I believe back then, there was a coach that got a job he really didn’t even initially wanted. The game passed him by.  Now we have this current coach who did make the playoffs for the first time last year, but seems to go brain dead in big games.  Now, maybe he’ll show more of his hand this go around in district.  But I’m just not convinced at this point.  Hard for me to say this especially since he’s a Central graduate.

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I believe back then, there was a coach that got a job he really didn’t even initially wanted. The game passed him by.  Now we have this current coach who did make the playoffs for the first time last year, but seems to go brain dead in big games.  Now, maybe he’ll show more of his hand this go around in district.  But I’m just not convinced at this point.  Hard for me to say this especially since he’s a Central graduate.

I just cant understand how we get these head coaches that really dont want to be here. The current head coach applied for several jobs after one year on the job. He thought he could get a job after a playoff blowout. Not only did he try to leave but it was in our district, La porte!! Really!!

This guy has no enthusiasm about being the head coach at BU, he has had 3 coaches he brought in leave. The OC left in December bc of the vision of the HC. He has no idea of how to run a program, he made no decisions in Duncanville; a third OL coach with get back duties on game day!! he was on a 35 game losing streak for reason and it wasnt the players!! We as a community has to have more input in the hiring process or we will continue to fail the kids!!!

The Montgomery game has been moved to Thursday!!! 2 HR drive and the kids have school on Friday, Saturday make to much since since we cant play on Friday for some reason now. This is just case and point of how he run his team. Coaches just found out yesterday, kids don't know, and most parents don't know. Its just shameful to do this to our kids and supporters BISD!!

3 hours ago, jag86 said:

The Montgomery game has been moved to Thursday!!! 2 HR drive and the kids have school on Friday, Saturday make to much since since we cant play on Friday for some reason now. This is just case and point of how he run his team. Coaches just found out yesterday, kids don't know, and most parents don't know. Its just shameful to do this to our kids and supporters BISD!!

Wait.  Moved to Thursday?  Why?  When?

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Now if this isn't wishful thinking and giving a fellow Jaguar a pass, I don't know what is. We knew who dude was when he got the job after losing 30 games in a row as a head coach.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:26 AM, jag86 said:

I just cant understand how we get these head coaches that really dont want to be here. The current head coach applied for several jobs after one year on the job. He thought he could get a job after a playoff blowout. Not only did he try to leave but it was in our district, La porte!! Really!!

This guy has no enthusiasm about being the head coach at BU, he has had 3 coaches he brought in leave. The OC left in December bc of the vision of the HC. He has no idea of how to run a program, he made no decisions in Duncanville; a third OL coach with get back duties on game day!! he was on a 35 game losing streak for reason and it wasnt the players!! We as a community has to have more input in the hiring process or we will continue to fail the kids!!!

The thing I don’t understand (And I never would have expected this- I thought the opposite would be true) is how Central was better than BU now. I honestly think any Central team from 2009 to 2016 would beat BU today and last year. I thought BU would be the best of Ozen and Central and be a force in the state. Instead they are at best just another Ozen. 

25 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

The thing I don’t understand (And I never would have expected this- I thought the opposite would be true) is how Central was better than BU now. I honestly think any Central team from 2009 to 2016 would beat BU today and last year. I thought BU would be the best of Ozen and Central and be a force in the state. Instead they are at best just another Ozen. 

Nah.  The 2011 and 2012 Central teams were arguably the worse two teams to walk those halls.  

Also, I remember a time when Ozen was the cream of the crop when it came to football talent in Beaumont.  Ozen fell off proportionately when West Brook’s talent rose back up.  

I think since it’s two High schools now, we should see an evening up process, but will the coaching staffs even out is my question.  BU had a chance to get Coach Langston but didn’t even give him a second interview.  Now WB has him and appears to have that program looking good.