Pasadena Memorial 14 Baytown Sterling 27/ FINAL

Aggieswife

9 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

The majority of multi school districts also don't have nearly the resources that some of those single school districts do for football. Their own stadium, indoor facility, massive weightrooms, multiple athletic periods, if they have athletic periods at all, stuff that have nothing to do with being Hispanic. You say you want to be upfront and honest but it just seemed like going out of your way to take a gratuitous shot at two programs doing their best with what they are given.

Fort Bend is  perfect example. They have another high school coming next year which will make 11 nee high schools since 1979. That's one new high school ever four years for four decades. As soon as one starts winning, they open a new one and split their enrollment. Imagine if Hightower and Ridge Point would have remained one large school with 5,000 enrollment like some of the Dallas schools. They'd be ranked #1 in the state every year for the last ten. 

Looking them up also got me to realize that Bert Emmanuel's son and ND Kalus son are playing for Ridge Point. They also have a sophomore QB that is going to be the next Vince Young. Interesting set of Hudl highlights. Ridge Point is going to be stout this year.

9 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Exactly. "Upfront and honest" is a euphemism he uses for taking unnecessary shots at a program that just got a rare win. Why can't the win just be congratulated, or at the very least just be left alone? What good is it to try to discredit and devalue it? What does he accomplish or change for the better by doing this? He never suggested any solution, he just wants to criticize. And making it into a racial commentary? Dang.       

I think it’s safe to say I’m not being racial at all man being that my wife and kids are Hispanic. I don’t appreciate that

14 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

The majority of multi school districts also don't have nearly the resources that some of those single school districts do for football. Their own stadium, indoor facility, massive weightrooms, multiple athletic periods, if they have athletic periods at all, stuff that have nothing to do with being Hispanic. You say you want to be upfront and honest but it just seemed like going out of your way to take a gratuitous shot at two programs doing their best with what they are given.

Your post is another example of someone looking at everything through rose colored glasses. Arlington ISD is a great example of a multi school district that SPENDS $ on things such as indoor facilities, weight rooms, etc. It’s all about what’s important, and until districts like Pasadena and Baytown make football important, then they’re never going to be successful.

3 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Fort Bend is  perfect example. They have another high school coming next year which will make 11 nee high schools since 1979. That's one new high school ever four years for four decades. As soon as one starts winning, they open a new one and split their enrollment. Imagine if Hightower and Ridge Point would have remained one large school with 5,000 enrollment like some of the Dallas schools. They'd be ranked #1 in the state every year for the last ten. 

Looking them up also got me to realize that Bert Emmanuel's son and ND Kalus son are playing for Ridge Point. They also have a sophomore QB that is going to be the next Vince Young. Interesting set of Hudl highlights. Ridge Point is going to be stout this year.

Frisco ISD has 11-12 high schools, and almost everyone of them have their own indoor facility with state of the art weight rooms. Like I said, it’s all about what’s important, and it’s very obvious that football is a lot more important at districts like Frisco and Arlington than it is and Baytown, Pasadena, or Fort Bend. Until those school districts make football a priority, they’re going to continue to be behind the 8 ball. Period. 

12 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I am sure the Baytown schools don't appreciate you blaming Hispanics for the "destruction" of their programs, either. You went there first, BTW.  

The ball is in their court. They can very easily build state of the art football facilities like indoors, nice weight rooms, great practice facilities just like the DFW districts I mentioned that are very similar to Baytown and Pasadena size wise. The question remains is football important enough to them to do that? The answer is obviously a resounding “no”. 

18 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

The ball is in their court. They can very easily build state of the art football facilities like indoors, nice weight rooms, great practice facilities just like the DFW districts I mentioned that are very similar to Baytown and Pasadena size wise. The question remains is football important enough to them to do that? The answer is obviously a resounding “no”. 

We just added turf football, baseball, and softball fields at every high school.

We approved the construction of a new fieldhouse at Stallworth (I hope this includes paving the parking lots). 

I seriously doubt we will construct indoor practice facilities for each school. Although they tried to do this at rel when they updated their weight room. I think they have a 50 yrd area inside they use.

Is football the priority? No. 

1 hour ago, Peppermint Patty said:

We just added turf football, baseball, and softball fields at every high school.

We approved the construction of a new fieldhouse at Stallworth (I hope this includes paving the parking lots). 

I seriously doubt we will construct indoor practice facilities for each school. Although they tried to do this at rel when they updated their weight room. I think they have a 50 yrd area inside they use.

Is football the priority? No. 

Hey it’s a step in the right direction with all of the other new facilities 

4 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Hey it’s a step in the right direction with all of the other new facilities 

The step in the right direction was voted down a few years back. Combine the 3 schools. But 75% of Baytown was afraid of competition to make their school teams and other various things they would have had to compete for.

28 minutes ago, BlackShirts5 said:

The step in the right direction was voted down a few years back. Combine the 3 schools. But 75% of Baytown was afraid of competition to make their school teams and other various things they would have had to compete for.

This is true, but we have never had 75% of Baytown vote for anything. 

We missed a giant opportunity to build 9th grade campuses when GCM opened. Seems like 2K people approved that bond. 

But yes, there are a lot of people in Baytown that don't want to compete. 

5 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

This is true, but we have never had 75% of Baytown vote for anything. 

We missed a giant opportunity to build 9th grade campuses when GCM opened. Seems like 2K people approved that bond. 

But yes, there are a lot of people in Baytown that don't want to compete. 

Baytown isn’t the only place like that. There a tons of schools in Texas that don’t want to win 

40 minutes ago, BlackShirts5 said:

This! +1

1 hour ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Baytown, like a lot of places, would rather have as many valedictorians and top tens and starters and class presidents as they can get and be a has been that is never thought of when it comes to competing in any sport or competition 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I mean. Don’t get it twisted.  Nothing is wrong with putting a lot into the academics side.  But schools should be able to put just as much into the sports side Too.  

When you’re winning, the whole campus is electric. It has been a power outage since 1986. Some ups, mostly downs. I thought Kyle Gandy was going to turn the tides. Beat Katy at Katy on their Homecoming. But, thanks in part to Olins Ganders, that team finished 6-4 and missed the playoffs. The carousel then continued. Hopefully we will make strides this year. Brought back some young coaches with Baytown roots- Chance Nelson and Jeremy Moses. They know the clientele. We shall see.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, Uncle Pig said:

Your post is another example of someone looking at everything through rose colored glasses. Arlington ISD is a great example of a multi school district that SPENDS $ on things such as indoor facilities, weight rooms, etc. It’s all about what’s important, and until districts like Pasadena and Baytown make football important, then they’re never going to be successful.

You're talking about Dallas area schools, and you're right on them, but what Irving, Garland, Mesquite? And then how many Houston area district are doing that? Idk what the rose tinted glasses are that I'm using, I just don't think it's necessary for you to take a shot at a group of people when there are plenty of school districts struggling in football (Aldine, Alief, among others).

8 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

You're talking about Dallas area schools, and you're right on them, but what Irving, Garland, Mesquite? And then how many Houston area district are doing that? Idk what the rose tinted glasses are that I'm using, I just don't think it's necessary for you to take a shot at a group of people when there are plenty of school districts struggling in football (Aldine, Alief, among others).

You know the song “Rose colored glasses” by John Conlee? They show me the beauty, but they hide all the truth