Pasadena Memorial 14 Baytown Sterling 27/ FINAL

Aggieswife

• Aggieswife changed the title to Pasadena Memorial at Baytown Sterling/ Post Updates Here
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to Pasadena Memorial 14 Baytown Sterling 27/ FINAL
27 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

They do.

So what about football? 

In my opinion there’s not much they can do. When you’re short on talent, you’re pretty much in trouble. These two programs will continue to decline. I hate to be up front an honest, but that’s just the way it is.

P.S. The majority of multi school districts across the state struggle mightily in football

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard footballwise…. 🙄🙄🙄

The takeover has certainly improved their soccer programs, but how can you say it hasn’t hurt the football programs? How many Hispanics are in the NFL? Or how many even play college football? I’m not being biased or anything I’m just stating a fact. I mean how many whites do you see running sprints in the Olympics? How many blacks are in the NHL? That’s the problem with the world; nobody wants to hear the truth 

19 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

The takeover has certainly improved their soccer programs, but how can you say it hasn’t hurt the football programs? How many Hispanics are in the NFL? Or how many even play college football? I’m not being biased or anything I’m just stating a fact. I mean how many whites do you see running sprints in the Olympics? How many blacks are in the NHL? That’s the problem with the world; nobody wants to hear the truth 

I guess.  My point is…. The demographics of not just south Texas, But SETX and eventually all of Texas will change.  If it changes to majority Hispanic people, then so be it.  But I believe the quality of football will adjust as well once it’s evened out.  I am aware of the so called ‘Hispanic Takeover’ which many say happened to programs like Aldine and schools like that.  

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I guess.  My point is…. The demographics of not just south Texas, But SETX and eventually all of Texas will change.  If it changes to majority Hispanic people, then so be it.  But I believe the quality of football will adjust as well once it’s evened out.  I am aware of the so called ‘Hispanic Takeover’ which many say happened to programs like Aldine and schools like that.  

Yessir Aldine along with many many others. The districts that come to mind in DFW are Garland, Mesquite, Richardson, Irving, Carrollton; they all used to produce great football teams, but are now no longer competitive 

12 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Yessir Aldine along with many many others. The districts that come to mind in DFW are Garland, Mesquite, Richardson, Irving, Carrollton; they all used to produce great football teams, but are now no longer competitive 

Cleveland Tx. comes to mind as well.

Coaches there state that fact.

10 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

In my opinion there’s not much they can do. When you’re short on talent, you’re pretty much in trouble. These two programs will continue to decline. I hate to be up front an honest, but that’s just the way it is.

P.S. The majority of multi school districts across the state struggle mightily in football

The majority of multi school districts also don't have nearly the resources that some of those single school districts do for football. Their own stadium, indoor facility, massive weightrooms, multiple athletic periods, if they have athletic periods at all, stuff that have nothing to do with being Hispanic. You say you want to be upfront and honest but it just seemed like going out of your way to take a gratuitous shot at two programs doing their best with what they are given.

4 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

. You say you want to be upfront and honest but it just seemed like going out of your way to take a gratuitous shot at two programs doing their best with what they are given.

Exactly. "Upfront and honest" is a euphemism he uses for taking unnecessary shots at a program that just got a rare win. Why can't the win just be congratulated, or at the very least just be left alone? What good is it to try to discredit and devalue it? What does he accomplish or change for the better by doing this? He never suggested any solution, he just wants to criticize. And making it into a racial commentary? Dang.       

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Cleveland Tx. comes to mind as well.

Coaches there state that fact.

Who are the Cleveland coaches that are saying their Hispanic kids can't compete? Is it the head coach? a few? or the whole staff? Cleveland ISD needs to know their names so they can take action and replace those coaches with ones who don't have prejudice against Hispanic athletes. Since you already voiced this, please name their names here for all to see. This racism of judging athletes by ethnicity and skin color cannot be allowed in our schools.