Is this the best Lumberton team ever????

Guest football09

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how watching WB clinch a lousy 5A district is that exciting.  Would have, could have, should have.  Proof is in the pudding if the Raiders win Friday. And that will be in 4A.....not 3A.

As to the Redneck comment......   I have watched these boys play since they were in freshmen.  I want nothing more than for them to go deep in the playoffs.  Nobody who is a true Raider will deny them what they deserve.  But  it shows a lack of pride in a town when you and your teammates can have the best record the school has ever had and be completely forgotten.  And V you are amazing trash talking your own fans.. 

I fail to see how watching WB clinch a lousy 5A district is that exciting.  Would have, could have, should have.  Proof is in the pudding if the Raiders win Friday. And that will be in 4A.....not 3A.

If you had gone to the game, you would understand why it was exciting, V.  Humbles defense would shred any of the teams which you have been watching.  And, WB was hitting just as hard.  Just a great game.  If you don't like great, defensive battles, you probably would not like it.

If you had gone to the game, you would understand why it was exciting, V.   Humbles defense would shred any of the teams which you have been watching.   And, WB was hitting just as hard.  Just a great game.  If you don't like great, defensive battles, you probably would not like it.

Guest Robert Plant

If you had gone to the game, you would understand why it was exciting, V.   Humbles defense would shred any of the teams which you have been watching.   And, WB was hitting just as hard.  Just a great game.  If you don't like great, defensive battles, you probably would not like it.

With that "lousy" comment, I assume you fail to see alot!!!

Actually I see much better than those of lesser intelligence:

WB has played two (2) teams with winning records, losing to one of them

There are only two teams currently in the district above .500

Case closed.

i am reading these post and laughing because of the hatred between l-town family. something special could happen friday for our community and past player lets show some love. go kick some butt friday and lets get in and celebrate on the field i will be there. all these teams are good in their own ways. the comment about 3a or 4a is crazy the 91 team played h-f and newton and those two teams with the talent they had would have beaten any team in this district period. all of these teams have had their time let these kids have theirs. best ever 91 all around tuff!!!!!!  go raiders class of 91

Well due to obligations with the USA I was not able to see the '91 and '92 teams. If I remember correctly they were 3A which would be a different talent level (unless your WO-S). The current 2007 team definitely plays with more HEART than any other team I have seen come out of Lumberton. I think the bottom line is that if the 2007 team makes the playoffs they will without a doubt be labeled as the BEST TEAM to come out of Lumberton just because they have achieved somethink NO other Lumberton team was capable of doing.

Baldwin88 nice name ;D Just remember I was the 1st RAIDER88! HaHaHa (inside joke). See yall at the Game Friday night. I may have to get someone to save me a seat, I do not get off work until 530 in Orange.

Guest band of brothers

I am about to make two good points here on this thread, which by the way is probably one of the best threads yet.  #1 This is exactly why the better coaches get the better pay.  I  believe this years team is a perfect example of a Head Coach who put together a staff of his liking, and made the best of it.  Coach Credeur is a perfectionist, and never lowers his bar of expectations.  Talk to any of his players, they believe that there is nothing that they CANT do.  #2 The 2007 Lumberton football team is a perfect example of football being a team sport.  There is not ONE athlete on that team that is of D1 caliber, but yet when they play the Ozens, Daytons, and I am sure even Cleveland will have someone go D1 from their school, they can beat them.  When you have ALL 11 guys doing their jobs, and not trying to do more, you will have a successful football program.  Now is this team more talented than the years past, Heck no.  Do they have some Good athletes yes, they do.  Light, Eckert, Luttrell were GREAT athletes all with D1 potential, however they didn't have the nucleus like this team does.  As a former coach, my hat goes off to these coaches and players, because they have worked hard for this to happen. "The cream rises to the top."  Soon it will become a common theme, Lumberton will eventually get into the play-offs year after year.  Good Coaching beats Good athletes 9 times out of 10.

one of the best threads and one of the best quotes, good job coach B!

What I am saying is how can you say its the best team ever when you Lumberton has been 8-2 two times in previous years and 7-3 another year.......those teams would have made the playoffs if three teams went...

We're those teams playing 3A competition or 4A?  And was the district they were in filled with as many good teams as this one?  One of the reasons that this team is so impressive is that they've turned it around so quickly.

In 1986 or 85 the Raiders went 6 and 4 in 4A beat Silsbee and Jasper when they were 4A but they were not as good as this group now. The Raiders dropped down to 3A for a while in the 90's and newton knocked them out of the playoffs I think both times.

Yeah, my brother played on that team. It was the first Lumberton team to beat Jasper. That was something for us back then.

Guest BIG HOUSE

It MUST have been another team from Lumberton,cause this years team is sloooooow and has noooo athleteees....Must be GREAT COACHING for them to go out and achieve something that none of the GREAT Lumberton Teams could!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

O this team has way more HEART than the prev. Lumberton Teams.......thats why they couldn't make the playoffs.....

Heck Newton was down 13-0 that year and came out and just blistered a couple WR and the game was over.............

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No worries. My thing is this. Trump was badly flawed. We knew it going into 2016. As an incumbent, there really wasn’t much of a chance to nominate a different candidate in 2020. But after all that happened during Trump’s term, the election loss and fiasco that followed, and everything else that he’s been a part of since… we should have chosen a different nominee in 2024. That’s been my point all along, but that’s not what we did. His followers are very vocal and infect all levels of the Republican Party leadership-especially in local counties and precincts. Enough people decided that Trump is the only person who should be considered to be the eventual R candidate that he cruised to the nomination in spite of everything, purely based on the cult of personality, IMO.  All of the signs were there. Trump is in a dead heat with Biden and has been all along, while every other potential R candidate enjoyed double digit leads over Biden. Literally all we had to do is pick someone over Trump and they’d cruise to a win over Biden-but we’d rather lose with Trump than win with someone else.    Names like Gary Hart and John Edwards come to mind. Those guys were Dems with a small fraction of Trump’s baggage, but the party still dumped them and moved on… I can’t understand why the Rs have refused to self-police and choose someone with decency… who would also be able to win the popular vote. We (the Rs) should have made DJT an old memory… but force the Ds and independents to do it for us. 
    • Trump literally ran on locking up hillary... ppl seem to 4get that
    • Currently in a monsoon raining badly here in Lufkin game will start late 
    • I read your posts and agree on some things and disagree with some.  I guess my one question is (in your opinion) who should we vote for?  Third party candidates do not get elected.  Kennedy is only going to dilute votes which will benefit Democrats.  Write-in votes do not win elections and I’m not even sure they are counted in a presidential election.  Many people get on and express views and tell us what is wrong with X, but never give the answer for Y.  I am extremely sarcastic and passive-aggressive, but genuinely hope this post doesn’t come across that way.  Trump has my vote until someone persuades me otherwise (and I’m a Never Biden).  Had another R been nominated they would have had my vote.
  • Topics