Isn’t This an Insurrection?

baddog

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

What is the legal definition of an insurrection?

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Anybody that claims what happened at the capital wasn’t an insurrection is equally stupid as the people who claimed that the riots after George Floyd’s death were “mostly peaceful protests.”

What is the legal definition of an insurrection?

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Anybody that claims what happened at the capital wasn’t an insurrection is equally stupid as the people who claimed that the riots after George Floyd’s death were “mostly peaceful protests.”

Has there ever been a documented case of an "insurrection" in the history of the world in which the "insurrectionists" brought no weapons to the uprising, killed no one, and even had one of their own killed? Were these people, that were hell-bent on the overthrow of the government, just that stupid to be so unprepared to accomplish this goal? I don't know about the rest of y'all, but that contention is very, very (very, very) (did I say very) laughable. But I digress, mental blindness is no laughing matter. Then again...this contention is hilarious.

And while you are contemplating your answer, please include your rationale for why many FBI agents were present, why Nancy Pelosi refused additional security when the rally was well known, and why practically every Democrat lied about the "insurrection". Please include why many, many "insurrectionists" have been imprisoned in solitary confinement for many months with the charge of "trespassing". Please name one person that has been charged with "insurrection". And mostly, please explain why Trump has not been charged with insurrection. I'm especially anxious to hear your rationale for the last one...since you have made it well-known on this board that this should indeed be a foregone conclusion. But I will be happy with just an explanation of the other questions. 

20 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Has there ever been a documented case of an "insurrection" in the history of the world in which the "insurrectionists" brought no weapons to the uprising, killed no one, and even had one of their own killed? Were these people, that were hell-bent on the overthrow of the government, just that stupid to be so unprepared to accomplish this goal? I don't know about the rest of y'all, but that contention is very, very (very, very) (did I say very) laughable. But I digress, mental blindness is no laughing matter. Then again...this contention is hilarious.

And while you are contemplating your answer, please include your rationale for why many FBI agents were present, why Nancy Pelosi refused additional security when the rally was well known, and why practically every Democrat lied about the "insurrection". Please include why many, many "insurrectionists" have been imprisoned in solitary confinement for many months with the charge of "trespassing". Please name one person that has been charged with "insurrection". And mostly, please explain why Trump has not been charged with insurrection. I'm especially anxious to hear your rationale for the last one...since you have made it well-known on this board that this should indeed be a foregone conclusion. But I will be happy with just an explanation of the other questions. 

Thanks. I was saving the article below as a retort to an inevitably weak response from @CardinalBacker . It’s a pretty interesting read:

This is the hidden content, please

12 hours ago, Englebert said:

Y'all keep asking for the definition... it's here.  Then you turn right around and ask how it can be an insurrection when nobody brought weapons and nobody was killed.  Where exactly in your definition does it state that weapons must be used and somebody has to die for it to be an insurrection?  It doesn't.  

When the sitting president is defeated, then sends his supporters down the street to the Capitol building to disrupt the certification of the votes which would rightfully and legally remove him from office...  that's about as textbook as you can get for a insurrection.

"a violent uprising against an authority or government"  is how insurrection is defined.  Was there violence on that day? Ask the cop who got his brain beat in with a fire extinguisher.  Was property destroyed?  Yes.  Were people killed?  Yes.  That's about as textbook as you can get for violence.  You have not choice to agree that violence occurred that day.  Was this uprising against an authority or government?  They literally stormed the Senate Chambers as votes were being cast.  

You can try to defend the traitorous actions of your fellow Trumper insurrectionists all you want, but you guys managed to do something so embarrassing and shameful that you can't admit that it occurred as it did.  

Just attacking the capitol is an insurrection.... the fact that it was done so in an attempt to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power as directed by the recently deposed chief executive is indefensibly an insurrection.  

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Y'all keep asking for the definition... it's here.  Then you turn right around and ask how it can be an insurrection when nobody brought weapons and nobody was killed.  Where exactly in your definition does it state that weapons must be used and somebody has to die for it to be an insurrection?  It doesn't.  

When the sitting president is defeated, then sends his supporters down the street to the Capitol building to disrupt the certification of the votes which would rightfully and legally remove him from office...  that's about as textbook as you can get for a insurrection.

"a violent uprising against an authority or government"  is how insurrection is defined.  Was there violence on that day? Ask the cop who got his brain beat in with a fire extinguisher.  Was property destroyed?  Yes.  Were people killed?  Yes.  That's about as textbook as you can get for violence.  You have not choice to agree that violence occurred that day.  Was this uprising against an authority or government?  They literally stormed the Senate Chambers as votes were being cast.  

You can try to defend the traitorous actions of your fellow Trumper insurrectionists all you want, but you guys managed to do something so embarrassing and shameful that you can't admit that it occurred as it did.  

Just attacking the capitol is an insurrection.... the fact that it was done so in an attempt to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power as directed by the recently deposed chief executive is indefensibly an insurrection.  

So if I get angry at the social security office for having to wait too long and shove one of the workers, is that considered an insurrection?

It has all the ingredients you seem to think are necessary, violence and government.

No one was trying to overthrow the gov on Jan 6, you know that, but your Trump hating won't let you admit it.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Then SURELY taking over a couple city blocks and chasing cops out of their own police station is an insurrection, right?

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

Then SURELY taking over a couple city blocks and chasing cops out of their own police station is an insurrection, right?

I think you could make that argument about taking over a police station... I don't see how "taking over a couple of city blocks" is considered an attack on government, but that's just my opinion.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So if I get angry at the social security office for having to wait too long and shove one of the workers, is that considered an insurrection?

It has all the ingredients you seem to think are necessary, violence and government.

No one was trying to overthrow the gov on Jan 6, you know that, but your Trump hating won't let you admit it.

Bull... those people went into the capitol on Trump's orders to "fight" and "stop the steal."  They were there to stop the certification of votes after "traitorous" Mike Pence refused to break the law by not certifying the votes.  The physical storming of the capitol and breaching the chambers of congress is a textbook insurrection.  The fact that you goofballs keep coming back with "I went on a tour of the Capitol with my boy scout troop... was that an insurrection, too?" just proves that Trump's blinded loyalists won't admit what every rational person can easily see... it was an insurrection. 

And for whoever asked, getting out of line at the social security office doesn't count. 

38 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bull... those people went into the capitol on Trump's orders to "fight" and "stop the steal."  They were there to stop the certification of votes after "traitorous" Mike Pence refused to break the law by not certifying the votes.  The physical storming of the capitol and breaching the chambers of congress is a textbook insurrection.  The fact that you goofballs keep coming back with "I went on a tour of the Capitol with my boy scout troop... was that an insurrection, too?" just proves that Trump's blinded loyalists won't admit what every rational person can easily see... it was an insurrection. 

And for whoever asked, getting out of line at the social security office doesn't count. 

Let’s keep it real.. trumpers are absolute SUCKERS and have got to be the most gullible (playing nice here) group of voters in US history at this point. They fall for this BS every single time somehow.. and even donate their money to the non stop fundraising grifts! 

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois has said that most congressional Republicans do not actually believe Donald Trump's claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, but support those views in public anyway.

"Save one or two maybe out here, nobody — and I think it's very important to repeat — nobody actually believes the election was stolen from Donald Trump but a lot of them are happy to go out and say it was," Kinzinger said. 

Normal people, what do you think of the above quote ? @CardinalBacker @tvc184 @bullets13 @Mr. Buddy Garrity @TxHoops

I personally hope the GQP find a way “back to center” so I can vote for them in 2024.. but I’m not holding my breath anymore

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

So surely these folks were only stopped when they were overpowered by the National Guard or the military, right.

Nope, they got pissed off by the sham election results and did something stupid of their own accord and went home.

No insurrection, sorry.

But hey, InMAGAWeTrust is with you, that should be comforting.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s not the legal definition, btw. 

30 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So surely these folks were only stopped when they were overpowered by the National Guard or the military, right.

Nope, they got pissed off by the sham election results and did something stupid of their own accord and went home.

No insurrection, sorry.

But hey, InMAGAWeTrust is with you, that should be comforting.

And the fact that it happened about ten minutes after Don Jr, Rudolph, and the Don himself encouraged them to do so is just ironic, too?  And the fact that it JUST SO HAPPENED to occur at the exact moment that the VP was to certify the votes was just dumb luck, too, huh?  You guys would argue that the fellas that flew planes into the world trade centers were just out for a aerial tour and got a little too close... if Trump said so.

You're not as smart as I thought.... and that's saying something.  

27 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

And the fact that it happened about ten minutes after Don Jr, Rudolph, and the Don himself encouraged them to do so is just ironic, too?  And the fact that it JUST SO HAPPENED to occur at the exact moment that the VP was to certify the votes was just dumb luck, too, huh?  You guys would argue that the fellas that flew planes into the world trade centers were just out for a aerial tour and got a little too close... if Trump said so.

You're not as smart as I thought.... and that's saying something.  

Where are the charges oh smart one?........

Seems like an insurrection as you speak would come with lengthy prison sentences......

.....and charges other than vandalism and/or simple trespass...... those charges sounds like something someone who rioted and broke windows during a BLM protest would be charged with.....

5 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Where are the charges oh smart one?........

Seems like an insurrection as you speak would come with lengthy prison sentences......

.....and charges other than vandalism and/or simple trespass...... those charges sounds like something someone who rioted and broke windows during a BLM protest would be charged with.....

Here's where 600+ people have already been charged.  

God, this is too easy.

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here's where 600+ people have already been charged.  

God, this is too easy.

God........This does not sound like a insurrection

600+ arrested for misdemeanors......lol

Early one morning in January, Suzanne Ianni peered through her window to discover two black SUVs and a police cruiser parked in front of her house. All she could think was: "Aw, they're here."

While Ianni had been expecting federal agents for days, she wasn't fully prepared for their arrival or for the moment when they said, "You're under arrest." "And I just sat down in a chair, I was trying to catch my breath," she told NPR. "And they're like, OK just relax," she said. "It's only a misdemeanor."

Ianni, a 59-year-old mother of three, is one of the more than 570 people charged as being part of the mob that overran the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. She stands accused of disorderly conduct and being inside a federal building illegally.

34 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Encouraged how?

I've explained it too many times to count.  

It's a matter of opinion.  You say that Trump did nothing wrong, and other people recognize rightly that he did.  The fact is that you would have been trying to elbow your way through the doors to the capitol on 1/6 if you'd have been able to afford the bus fare to DC to see your fallen Messiah.

Actually it's not a matter of opinion.  Trump has been impeached for his actions.  Hundreds have been charged and arrested.  Countless civil lawsuits are pending against Trump.  The fact that you haven't woken from your brainwashing/hypnosis is really sad. 

3 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

God........This does not sound like a insurrection

600+ arrested for misdemeanors......lol

Early one morning in January, Suzanne Ianni peered through her window to discover two black SUVs and a police cruiser parked in front of her house. All she could think was: "Aw, they're here."

While Ianni had been expecting federal agents for days, she wasn't fully prepared for their arrival or for the moment when they said, "You're under arrest." "And I just sat down in a chair, I was trying to catch my breath," she told NPR. "And they're like, OK just relax," she said. "It's only a misdemeanor."

Ianni, a 59-year-old mother of three, is one of the more than 570 people charged as being part of the mob that overran the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. She stands accused of disorderly conduct and being inside a federal building illegally.

Go jump the fence, Hippy... it's only a misdemeanor. 

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I've explained it too many times to count.  

It's a matter of opinion.  You say that Trump did nothing wrong, and other people recognize rightly that he did.  The fact is that you would have been trying to elbow your way through the doors to the capitol on 1/6 if you'd have been able to afford the bus fare to DC to see your fallen Messiah.

Actually it's not a matter of opinion.  Trump has been impeached for his actions.  Hundreds have been charged and arrested.  Countless civil lawsuits are pending against Trump.  The fact that you haven't woken from your brainwashing/hypnosis is really sad. 

If you recognize the 2 impeachments, you must recognize the 2 not guilty verdicts......

If you support the impeachment process you should support the results