Hagar’s Ramblings

Hagar

On 7/4/2021 at 10:52 PM, Hagar said:

I think I’ve mentioned that nowadays people, as a whole, are impolite, rude, and fairly obnoxious.  I thought maybe this was unique to our place in time.  Just read this poem by Walter Raleigh.

I wish I loved the human race

I wish I loved its silly face

I wish I liked the way it walks

I wish I liked the way it talks

And when I’m introduced to one

I wish I thought What Jolly Fun

Guess Old Walter wasn’t happy with the folks back then either. 😂

I got to thinking, someone reading this might think I read poetry, which is okay for some, but it isn’t me.  I read a series of books (Hamish MacBeth) about a Scottish Bobby, and the author starts off each Chapter with a poem or quote.  So take a deep breath and relax, Old Hager is still the same illiterate country bumpkin he’s always been.  😂😂😂😂😂

• 3 weeks later...

My 93 (94? 95?) year old Mother in Law is coming Monday from Georgia to spend seven days.  Talk about Hell Week.  She lives with my well off Liberal Sister in Law, who’s a Liberal .  She’s been inundated with CNN 🐂💩 and I’ll spend all week trying to explain to her what’s actually going on.  Keep me in your thoughts....  😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

My 93 (94? 95?) year old Mother in Law is coming Monday from Georgia to spend seven days.  Talk about Hell Week.  She lives with my well off Liberal Sister in Law, who’s a Liberal .  She’s been inundated with CNN 🐂💩 and I’ll spend all week trying to explain to her what’s actually going on.  Keep me in your thoughts....  😂😂😂

Lmao. You may need a prayer thrown in there too! 

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

Noise canceling ear buds with your favorite YouTube, movie or music channels. 

On 7/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, Hagar said:

🙏 

One down, six more days to go. Day 1 went well.  Almost all of our small clan gathered at Floyd’s last night (16).  Etouffee was outstanding.  I was attempting to drink myself unconscious but the crawfish won out.  😂

Ps; my SIL claimed my MIL is the Queen Kracken, which makes my wife Kracken #2, & my daughter, his wife, Kracken #3, and finally my g’daughter #4.  So if y’all feel a disturbance in the Force, that’s the reason. 

On 7/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, Hagar said:

When a fellow was asked: If you knew that you had one week to live, how would you spend it? He replied “ with my mother-in-law. It would be the longest week of my life”.  

• 2 weeks later...

As most of you know, I’m Conservative.  Had a great childhood.  My parents weren’t religious.  Dad believed in a Supreme Being while Mom, had she attended, would’ve probably ended up as Assembly of God or possibly Pentacoastal.  My only G’parent, Dads mother, was Catholic, having joined late in life.  My sister,six years older than me, joined the Catholic Church.  So why did I end up Conservative?  I know Liberals with similar childhoods.  One of my closest neighbor friends turned out Liberal, but I’m not sure his home was as happy as ours.  His Dad was named Carroll and his mother Willie - talk about gender identity.  Got my first (second hand) bike from him.  No fenders, so riding it after a rainstorm was a mess, which I didn’t mind but brought my Mother to tears.  

So some of us became conservatives and some liberals - why?  What makes some love tennis and some golf?  Is it all some great algorithm that Mother Nature set up?  Lol, I’m asking questions so far above my paid grade it’s not even funny 🤪.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we learn life lessons thru experience, I wonder if putting our children in a “safe box” is a good thing.  Spankings for instance.  What does a child learn?  Seems to me they learn, if you do something you’re not suppose too there are consequences.  Taking away the old merry-go-round - on that thing we learned that you need to be careful around things.  I could rattle on but most of you get the idea.  There are so many life-lessons kids today are not getting.  Imo, spankings is the most important.

When my kids were young, folks often told my wife & I “how lucky we were to have such well mannered children”.  After a scale 10 eye roll I’d say thank you, while thinking, why yes, they came out of the womb saying yessir & no sir.  On the downside of “the good old days”, it was thought unmanly of the father to tell his children he loved them.  Imo, if the children receive correction at an early age, and are shown & told they’re loved, you’ve upped you chances of having good kids tremendously.  

Speaking of “the good old days”, there are a number of songs that reminisce about them.  Y’all probably can think of more.

Burgers & Fries by Charlie Pride

If the World Had a Front Porch by Tracy Lawrence 

Grandpa by The Judds

Take Me Home Country Roads by John Denver

Love’em all.

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

Speaking of “the good old days”, there are a number of songs that reminisce about them.  Y’all probably can think of more.

Burgers & Fries by Charlie Pride

If the World Had a Front Porch by Tracy Lawrence 

Grandpa by The Judds

Take Me Home Country Roads by John Denver

Love’em all.

Do you remember these - Statler Brothers

I guess I’m a Conspiracy Theorist.  If something looks plausible/likely I’m willing to see plausible alternatives to the given conclusions.  UFOS are a prime example.  There are more stars than I’m willing to put zeros on.  Odds are many have life, some more advanced than us.  So even though most scoffed at believers , I am one.  

So what else?  Currently I’m convinced the 2020 election was stolen (you can read my reasons on Political Thread).  I think most of our politicians are in their positions for their own benefit and could care less about our country.  Grassy knoll?  Possible I guess, but I’m not convinced.  Earth ain’t flat.  Yes, an alien craft crashed at Roswell.  Oh yes, did the Virus come from Wuhan Lab?  You can bet the house.  But here’s the kicker, was it released deliberately?  On my CT 1-10 scale, I’d give that a five.  Is there a group planning to run the world, like New World Order or One World Government?  As I’ve gotten older, that has moved up - give it a 7.  Anyway, I’ve give y’all plenty to think about (or laugh about).  😄🤪😄