Hagar’s Ramblings

Hagar

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I’m at wits end.  Me & my wife have had a number of medical issues lately (yes Toto, the check engine lite does come on often as you get older).  It’s impossible for you to fathom how many different Doctors/Facilities/Procedures there are.  Each with bills or multiple bills.  Now, since Covid started, help has been hard to find, and good help - impossible, and not just medical but everyplace.  For example, paid car insurance on 10/12.  Got another Bill for it mailed out 10/29 - same bill we paid on the 12th.  So we’ll call and they’ll apologize and kowtow while laughing in the background, but eventually getting it fixed.  Now, I’d guess 50% (and that’s probably conservative) of the Medical Bills are the same way.  Yes Mr. Hagar, you need to pay - But I did last week - Oh yes, I see you did, so disregard the notice saying we’re going to take your home, car and first born son.  Here’s the deal, I should be getting paid a salary by all these folks for doing the work their staffs should be doing.  Good grief.  Born at night but not last night.  Yes I drool some but my IQ is still in the double digits.  Perhaps I should change my approach?  Excuse me but could you offer some lubricant prior to my bending over?  Sorry if I’m getting out of hand but my patience is worn thin.

Anyone else notice an increase of similar incidents?

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

Anyone else notice an increase of similar incidents?

Now you've got me worried I might have paid my medical bill twice. Lol

i actually did have a similar incident. Drive thru says total at the window. They got the order wrong. Then got mad when I asked why the total was so high. So I said, how high are you? You can keep that. Ill just drive around to whataburger. ✌ 

Another one of my favorites is going to a chain restaurant here in town. Sit down, look over the menu while waiting for the server. Then be told we don't have any of this, this, this, this, this, and this. OK well do you have alcohol at the bar? ✌ please. 😂 

Have I posted about this?  Don’t remember.  To old to go back & look.  It’s about roofing.  Our home needed re-roofing.  My Father N Law said we can do that…..easy.  He’s was a workaholic (passed on 10 years ago).  With garage, about 1800 sq ft.  FIL was in 70’s.  Son N Law helped some but only weighed about a buck 50, so getting the shingles up the ladder & on the roof was my job (no wonder he said easy, lol).  Halfway thru, rain - hurry, cover with plastic.  Any idea how slick plastic covered with rain on a sloped roof is?  Yep, I fell & busted my kister & luckily stopped sliding about 3 ft from edge.  Would’ve won on AFV (Am Funniest Videos) had it been video.  Not to mention how heavy shingles get after about 10 bundles.  But we got’er done. And I learned something.  If you need a new roof & contractor says, “It’ll cost you $15,000” - Give him $20,000 before he changes his mind.  

• 2 weeks later...

I’m on thin ice here.  Don’t mean to offend God or any of you, but I’m worried about us.  According to Google 75% of Americans are Christians.  I’m afraid that number is very optimistic, but say it’s valid.  Now we have splits in most of the major Prostestant denominations over LGBTQ issues. Here’s the thin ice part, and Jmo.  Gays should be welcome in all our churches, for we’re all sinners.  But imo, if they’re actively gay, they shouldn’t preach in the Church, or hold positions such as Bishop or the equivalent.  If you believe the Bible, I don’t see how anyone could/should advocate anything otherwise.  Homosexuality is sinful, ergo actively gay people are living in sin.  Stop the activity, as we all should avoid sin, and the positions in the Church are limitless.

Back to the numbers.  If 75% is accurate, how many could still be considered Christians with these splits?  Are we down to 50%?  Even lower?  Here’s 25 passages on false teachings/prophets.  I’m afraid the LGBTQ community is leading many astray.

This is the hidden content, please

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m on thin ice here.  Don’t mean to offend God or any of you, but I’m worried about us.  According to Google 75% of Americans are Christians.  I’m afraid that number is very optimistic, but say it’s valid.  Now we have splits in most of the major Prostestant denominations over LGBTQ issues…..

I don’t disagree with your premise but…. (and “but” almost always means, it is what I claim it isn’t so I will say it anyway :))

Yes homosexuals might be “openly” living in sin but how many of the clergy are doing sinful things? Noticing the speck of sawdust in my eye while ignoring the plank in yours doesn’t count just for sex.

I can assure you that in my dealings in police work (and on occasion personal knowledge) with members of the clergy were certainly not unheard of. 

Do I personally want to attend a church being led by someone that I don’t agree with? No but that is a personal choice.

Are there other churches led by people that are also committing sins? You betcha!!

One is just more blatantly open and maybe more disgusting as it certainly makes some people squeamish. 

9 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I don’t disagree with your premise but…. (and “but” almost always means, it is what I claim it isn’t so I will say it anyway :))

Yes homosexuals might be “openly” living in sin but how many of the clergy are doing sinful things? Noticing the speck of sawdust in my eye while ignoring the plank in yours doesn’t count just for sex.

I can assure you that in my dealings in police work (and on occasion personal knowledge) with members of the clergy were certainly not unheard of. 

Do I personally want to attend a church being led by someone that I don’t agree with? No but that is a personal choice.

Are there other churches led by people that are also committing sins? You betcha!!

One is just more blatantly open and maybe more disgusting as it certainly makes some people squeamish. 

I get what you’re saying, but (lol) don’t flaunt your sin.  Yes, as I posted, we all sin, but if I have lustful thoughts, it’s a personal sin.  You don’t know.  No one knows - except God and I.  I repent & stop, I’m forgiven.  If a Priest or Preacher got up in front of the congregation and said he was lusting after Marry Belle, I suspect many would walk out - unless - he repented and vowed to stop.  Jesus said, “Go and sin no more”.  So if you’re an active homosexual, you’re not trying to “sin no more”.  Sin?  Heaven (literally) knows I’ve did my share, but I repent and stop it to the best of my ability.  The active sinner, homosexual, alcoholic, kleptomaniac, etc, etc is not fit to be in the pulpit if they continue without repenting.  Jmo

• 2 weeks later...

In the Catholic Mass today our Gospel reading was Matthew 24:37-44.  It concerns the End Times.  I’ve always been fascinated how those two words gets everyone’s attention.  I read were approx 150,000 people die daily.  For them, it is the End Times.  Thus the reason we should be prepared to meet our Heavenly Father at all times, not just when we walk out of services where the Priest or Preacher has mentioned “End Times”.  So let’s all prepare ourselves for our own End Times, be it the Second Coming or our own inevitable death.  God Bless all of you!

I’ve alluded to the fact we’re separating ourselves from Christianity.  Saw this a few minutes ago.  Yes fellow Christians, Satan is alive and well, and residing in the hearts and minds of some of our leaders.  End Times?  I doubt it but certainly Scary Times.  This breaks my heart.

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’ve alluded to the fact we’re separating ourselves from Christianity.  Saw this a few minutes ago.  Yes fellow Christians, Satan is alive and well, and residing in the hearts and minds of some of our leaders.  End Times?  I doubt it but certainly Scary Times.  This breaks my heart.

This is a half hour video but an interesting watch considering your latest topic…..

Politics bad.  Border bad.  Fentanyl bad.  I could go on with the bad, bad, bad, but as Anne Murray sang, We Sure Could Use a Little Good News Today.  Here’s a heartwarming story.  Group of friends randomly pick a place to eat once a year and leave an exorbitant tip.  Good for them.  We sure could use a few more folks like that today.