Quannell X in Town

bullets13

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

she said it was an accident, and people are trying to crucify him.  Which she's probably not wrong there.  But obviously nobody wants to own up to any part of it.  It's the way things work now.

It's ridiculous.  

I gave up when the lady from Mid County backed over her own kid at the snow-cone stand and sued Ford Motor Company.   Until they make the plaintiff bear the legal fees of the defendant when the plaintiff loses, it'll never change.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's ridiculous.  

I gave up when the lady from Mid County backed over her own kid at the snow-cone stand and sued Ford Motor Company.   Until they make the plaintiff bear the legal fees of the defendant when the plaintiff loses, it'll never change.  

That's insane.  I read an article the other day about a promising young football player who was shot and killed at a party at a hotel in Dallas.  The parents of the 17-year-old sued the hotel for $25M because the hotel rented a room to a 20-year-old, which was "against their policy" to only rent to people 21 and up.  These parents weren't to blame for not knowing where their 17-year-old was in the middle of the night, but the hotel was supposedly responsible for an 18-year-old pulling out a gun and shooting him.  

9 hours ago, tvc184 said:

but....... To recklessly kill a child, it is the felony crime of Injury to a Child. Also the crime of Aggravated Assault can be to recklessly cause serious bodily injury or death. Again, I think they could probably make the case even if the child ran in front of the ATV driver who is operating that vehicle in an area that is deemed to be unsafe. 

I would not of thought that.  

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That's insane.  I read an article the other day about a promising young football player who was shot and killed at a party at a hotel in Dallas.  The parents of the 17-year-old sued the hotel for $25M because the hotel rented a room to a 20-year-old, which was "against their policy" to only rent to people 21 and up.  These parents weren't to blame for not knowing where their 17-year-old was in the middle of the night, but the hotel was supposedly responsible for an 18-year-old pulling out a gun and shooting him.  

Should have sued the gun manufacturer too. It’s all insane stuff. 

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

she said it was an accident, and people are trying to crucify him.  Which she's probably not wrong there.  But obviously nobody wants to own up to any part of it.  It's the way things work now.

Yep. It’s unfortunate. I’m sure the guy didn’t purposely do it. The child is still dead though. I can’t imagine how his parents must feel.