Wos vs bridge city

J.R.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WO-S Fish did that the BC fish were complaing about not being able to play WO themselves

Probaby because Wo-s will move more players up to Varsity for the playoffs, so they are moving Freshman with J.V. Your Freshman can still play our Freshman, just tell them to join your J.v.

Just for the record....Bridge City is the one who didn't want to play the freshman game, not WOS.  We've been playing a freshman and JV game unless the OTHER school is not wanting to play two.  We accomodate them, not the other way around.

Well, from what I was told by an Orangefield Coach, BC's freshman had to merge with their JV when they played OF because some JV lineman had to be pulled up to Varsity.  Therefore, O'field's freshman joined the JV so they could play a game.  When BC showed up to play the game there was about fifty (50) players suited up.  It was rediculous..  Someone from BC, on another thread, actually bragged about BC's freshman only losing one game.  I don't think that is an accurate account of their season.

I do know this, when WOS played Silsbee, the Mustangs fielded a freshman team but only had about 8 players for their JV. The freshman game was played and then about 3/4 of the freshman team joined those 8 players and made up the WOS jv team. Silsbee had about 30 players for both squads so they never combined teams.

There was a question about if this was legal to do. Under UIL rules, a player can only play 1 football game a week. Since it was only sub varsity level, I don't think anyone cared about it.

wos is going to roll on bridge city hard there will be no doubt about it that bridge city should just pack there stuff and go home

You should KNOW better!  Do you think I would expect WO-S to pack it up and go home if the roles were reversed and BC was favored over WO-S by as much as they wanted?  OF COURSE NOT!  (And don't start the "THAT will NEVER happen" stuff, because that is NOT the point!)  The point is - You will win, and we all know it, but BC WILL show up, and stay on the field for 4 quarters, regardless of the score, and (I hope) try to compete!

Guest Sports Cards

Well, from what I was told by an Orangefield Coach, BC's freshman had to merge with their JV when they played OF because some JV lineman had to be pulled up to Varsity.  Therefore, O'field's freshman joined the JV so they could play a game.  When BC showed up to play the game there was about fifty (50) players suited up.  It was rediculous..   Someone from BC, on another thread, actually bragged about BC's freshman only losing one game.  I don't think that is an accurate account of their season.

To Stangchain:

(e) NUMBER OF GAMES; TIME BETWEEN GAMES.

no team or student in any conference shall be permitted to take part in more than one game within five calendar days.

As far as the OF game:

BC Freshmen had already played OF freshmen in week 3. BC fish won against a full OF fish squad 14-6.

How is losing only 1 game not accurate? The coach you talked to wasn't exactly accurate as to who only wanted to play one as well.

Guest Chaingang Defense

Nobody said we were SLC. Our Defense is ranked 24 in the State in all Classifications though which isn't to shabby. Good luck Friday.

everybody acts like west orange is southlake carrol, wos isnt even a POWER HOUSE this year, they are good, but i mean they will do just as good as the other teams....its not going to be a 15, 754 in the 3rd q,...but wos with a win

Does WOS have to be a "POWERHOUSE" to hang 70 on a pathetic BC team???

To Stangchain:

no team or student in any conference shall be permitted to take part in more than one game within five calendar days.

As far as the OF game:

BC Freshmen had already played OF freshmen in week 3. BC fish won against a full OF fish squad 14-6.

How is losing only 1 game not accurate? The coach you talked to wasn't exactly accurate as to who only wanted to play one as well.

To: Sports Card

I told you where I got my information.  Where did you get yours?  I am already aware that the BC coaches said that OF only wanted to play one game.  Unless you actually have first hand knowledge of the conversation, (I don't, that is why I said "I was told") neither you nor I will ever know for sure.  As for BC's freshman record, let me correct myself.  It is true that they have only lost one game out of the games they have played, and that BC freshman beat OF freshman in week 3 (14-6).  That game was a pre-district game.  The one we did not play was the district game. Fact of the matter is that these boys have played against each other all the way up and it has always been a good game.  For example, last years 8th grade meeting...  OF 7 - BC 6.  excellant game won by OF in the last minute.  The game we played in week 3 another good game.  What I am saying is that I can assure you that the OF boys wanted to play.... and it sounds like BC kids wanted to play that game.  Whoever made the decision to combine the teams I think it was a bone head call.   

To Stangchain:

As far as the OF game:

Oh yeah - I remember the 5 day rule now.....  Didn't we (21AAA) have to get clearance from the UIL to finish up our schedule after Rita, playing out the games the way we did?

Like I said in my previous post, I thought the rule was one game a week. With it only involving the sub varsity teams, I think that is why no one really cared about WOS doing that. Now, if players were playing Thursday and Friday nights, I am quite sure they would be called on it.

This just in, WOS freshman and JV teams have to forfeit all there games for breaking UIL rules of having players play 2 games in one night. Film at 11. ;D

everybody acts like west orange is southlake carrol, wos isnt even a POWER HOUSE this year, they are good, but i mean they will do just as good as the other teams....its not going to be a 15, 754 in the 3rd q,...but wos with a win

State-wide, no, but in this district, we are.

Just for the record....Bridge City is the one who didn't want to play the freshman game, not WOS.  We've been playing a freshman and JV game unless the OTHER school is not wanting to play two.  We accomodate them, not the other way around.

NOOOO the BC freshmen team always had enough players to play freshmen only The WOS moved JV up to varsity and fish moved up to JV

Seems some  ::)   are on a war path.  You know...I was threatened with being banned for a week for a post that I didn't even post by someone who obviously had a chip on his shoulder....I hope you are watching...........

Of course...it would seem that noone other than the "chosen ones" know everything.

Hey, BC's 8th grade beat WO-S' 8th grade....looks like that's one less game that everyone has to dig up forfeiture rules for, since BC won!!! ;)

Hooks calls that other coaches each week and asks if they want to have 2 games or 1. If they want a Freshman and JV game then they have to agree to letting the players play up so there will be enough to play. Most coaches agree because they want both teams to have the games.

Back to the original topic...

I believe in the saying "any giving night".. BC puts enough points on the board to win games.. ( 35 VS Orangefield, 26 vs Hardin-Jefferson,26 vs Kirbyville, in the 20's vs Hamshire Fannett).. They just need to get thier defense down..to pull the upset BC is going to HAVE to wrap up WO-S players everytime they attempt to make the tackle ( West Orange is too fast to let free!!), and  BC will certaintly need to gang tackle alot ( 11 men to the ball every play)... and they can't have any penalties or turnovers (especially interceptions) and must take any and every mistake mustangs make, (fumbles) also they need a good special teams game... If BC comes out pumped up,especially those Seniors they have playing thier last game, stand tall not intimidated they can upset WO-S, anything's possible.. 8) They have a great opprotunity and I hope they battle 'till the last whistle!! GO CARDINALS!!!

My question is this, with such a great football program rich in tradition there at WOS, why so little participation? There are schools with simiular enrollment numbers that field entire freshman and JV teams. Heck, Kirbyville has 300 less students, and they field 3 teams. Silsbee's enrollment numbers are only about 50 students more than WOS, and the Tigers have about 30 apiece on the freshman and JV teams, along with about 38 on varsity. I'm just wondering what's up with the lack of participation.

On another note, there also seems to be a drop in fan support over there. I announced the freshman and JV games between WOS and Silsbee, and I bet there were not more than 12 people total in the stands for WOS. It was a shame. Those kids need the support also, not just the varsity.

Back to the original topic...

I believe in the saying "any giving night".. BC puts enough points on the board to win games.. ( 35 VS Orangefield, 26 vs Hardin-Jefferson,26 vs Kirbyville, in the 20's vs Hamshire Fannett).. They just need to get thier defense down..to pull the upset BC is going to HAVE to wrap up WO-S players everytime they attempt to make the tackle ( West Orange is too fast to let free!!), and  BC will certaintly need to gang tackle alot ( 11 men to the ball every play)... and they can't have any penalties or turnovers (especially interceptions) and must take any and every mistake mustangs make, (fumbles) also they need a good special teams game... If BC comes out pumped up,especially those Seniors they have playing thier last game, stand tall not intimidated they can upset WO-S, anything's possible.. 8) They have a great opprotunity and I hope they battle 'till the last whistle!! GO CARDINALS!!!

Compare points allowed per game by the teams you mentioned to those allowed by WO-S.

HJ gives up 35 ppg.

Kville gives up 22 ppg.

HF gives up 21 ppg.

WO-S gives up 9 ppg.

Add to that the fact that BC gives up an incredible 52 points per game (and an average of 65 over the last four games  :o).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder