Wos vs bridge city

J.R.

My question is this, with such a great football program rich in tradition there at WOS, why so little participation? There are schools with simiular enrollment numbers that field entire freshman and JV teams. Heck, Kirbyville has 300 less students, and they field 3 teams. Silsbee's enrollment numbers are only about 50 students more than WOS, and the Tigers have about 30 apiece on the freshman and JV teams, along with about 38 on varsity. I'm just wondering what's up with the lack of participation.

On another note, there also seems to be a drop in fan support over there. I announced the freshman and JV games between WOS and Silsbee, and I bet there were not more than 12 people total in the stands for WOS. It was a shame. Those kids need the support also, not just the varsity.

There has never been an over-abundance of players on any of the Mustang teams.  People can say all they want about how many students we have in school versus how many other schools have students enrolled, but until you do the ratio of girls vs. boys, the comparisons are legit.  It may all be the same, I don't know.  I just know that participation ON the field is not (how is it said) "...left to the weak and timid".  You have to be tough to play football at WOS.  "Play hard or go home."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original topic...

I believe in the saying "any giving night".. BC puts enough points on the board to win games.. ( 35 VS Orangefield, 26 vs Hardin-Jefferson,26 vs Kirbyville, in the 20's vs Hamshire Fannett).. They just need to get thier defense down..to pull the upset BC is going to HAVE to wrap up WO-S players everytime they attempt to make the tackle ( West Orange is too fast to let free!!), and  BC will certaintly need to gang tackle alot ( 11 men to the ball every play)... and they can't have any penalties or turnovers (especially interceptions) and must take any and every mistake mustangs make, (fumbles) also they need a good special teams game... If BC comes out pumped up,especially those Seniors they have playing thier last game, stand tall not intimidated they can upset WO-S, anything's possible.. 8) They have a great opprotunity and I hope they battle 'till the last whistle!! GO CARDINALS!!!

Soooooo.You are saying.

1.Bridge City can score a lot of points on WO-S

2.BC defense will wrap up on every tackle

3.BC defense will have 11 men on the ball every play

4.The Mustangs will make mistakes and BC will take advantage of this

5.BC will not have any penalties are fumbles

6.BC will have a good special teams game

7.BC will be pumped up and not intimidated

If they do all of these,BC will upset WO-S.Sorry not going to happen.I will give you # 7 though.

We all know BC isn't going to beat WO-S, but why does everytime a BC fan says anything could happen, they get ripped a new one?  I know WO-S will score at will, and probably will score nearly everytime they get the ball, if not every time.  But sheesh, let us BC folks support our team in any way that we can, we need to at least have that since we have an 0-10 season again. :(

Come on WOS and BC fans we all know that BC will not win this game barring some kind of mirracle. What BC needs tonight is to play with pride and have fun. That is what it is all about. No player is being paid to play so it has to be for fun. BC players if you play your best and not worry about weather you win or loose then you just may enjoy the game. You are not where WOS is at at this time and I don't know if you will be there in a year or two. You can get there. Any team can if they have the right coach and work hard both durinng the season and during the off season. Some of you players are playing well. Some still have some seasoning to do. I believe it is the younger players that need to build more confidence and get bigger and stronger during the off season. That is not to say that some of the younger players are not playing well now. You will be a year older next year so you should expect to be better next year. You sohpmores should expect to really be good, not only next year but by the time you are seniors. By that time you will have many underclassmen that are experienced with the system and be able to contribute well. After the game congratulate the WOS players on the fine season they had and wish them luck in the play-offs. They have been running the same offense and defence for many years so they should be good. Again try your best and enjoy the last game. Tomorrow starts the off season. And good luck to both teams to have a injury free game.

We all know BC isn't going to beat WO-S, but why does everytime a BC fan says anything could happen, they get ripped a new one?  I know WO-S will score at will, and probably will score nearly everytime they get the ball, if not every time.  But sheesh, let us BC folks support our team in any way that we can, we need to at least have that since we have an 0-10 season again. :(

Not ripping.Just don't think that many things will happen as was posted for BC to win.Some maybe but not all.

While I believe that the Mustangs will win this game....I was telling my good friend from BC last night at the 7th and 8th grade games...any team can win a game on any given day. 

I would expect a little more support from you, Mr. Cardinal Supporter... ;)

This may be taken wrong, but WO-S does not need to play their 3rd string for the majority of the game or even half of the game.  We start playoffs next year and there are things that our "not a powerhouse" football team needs to work on...this is the time to do it because after this...it's time to play, not practice.  When/If the Mustangs gain control of the game...we need to really work on our passing game.  I know that there will no doubt be some belly-aching after the game, but this is not about BC...this about WO-S preparing for the playoffs in game situations. 

Belly ache away. We need to sharpen our passing game, and it's not our job to make BC look better. We're at a disadvantage in that we're playing our weakest opponent going into the playoffs, then a playoff team that is from a very weak district, then the TOP TEAM IN THE STATE (barring an upset in round one of one of us).

Belly ache away. We need to sharpen our passing game, and it's not our job to make BC look better. We're at a disadvantage in that we're playing our weakest opponent going into the playoffs, then a playoff team that is from a very weak district, then the TOP TEAM IN THE STATE (barring an upset in round one of one of us).

Right on.Have made that point as well.

Soooooo.You are saying.

1.Bridge City can score a lot of points on WO-S

2.BC defense will wrap up on every tackle

3.BC defense will have 11 men on the ball every play

4.The Mustangs will make mistakes and BC will take advantage of this

5.BC will not have any penalties are fumbles

6.BC will have a good special teams game

7.BC will be pumped up and not intimidated

If they do all of these,BC will upset WO-S.Sorry not going to happen.I will give you # 7 though.

holy crap i never said BC was perfect.. but any team has a chance if the other team goes in thinking they're the New England Patriots. ;)

Everyone from WO-S would appreciate if you would refer to our football team as the WEST ORANGE-STARK MUSTANGS...because that is WHO we are.  It's really a shame that we can not support our team with being hammered by you guys...you are making the references, assumptions, and everything else that goes along with what you do. 

Do you guys get treated like this during baseball season?  I really hope not.

Just a friendly reminder...WE ARE THE MUSTANGS AND WE ARE PROUD!!!!  (You may actually get to hear it tonight if you listen closely!!!)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder